haunted places in mongo

Posted in the Lagrange Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

lagrange, indiana

#1 Oct 23, 2008
i went online to find haunted places in mongo and could not find one!!! the only thing i found was "THE LADY IN THE WHITE WEDDING DRESS ON US HWY 20". what about bloody river run?? some haunted cementaries?? anything?? haunted houses?? unsolved murders (not meaning the andersons)??
jonathan

United States

#2 Jan 19, 2010
I used to live in mongo. That whole area is freaky! Seriously, Floating lights across my old buddy matts house down 300n, the old hawk house in mongo (which i lived in for 5 years) is haunted by Anna, had a lot of encounters...things moving, footsteps, laughing... her name is written on an old door in the basement, and her birth date is engraved in the steps on the side of the house, 10-02-1859, exactly one hundred years before my moms birthday. that was kinda wierd. There's an old cemetary across from the trading post. Freinds and I had some strange occurances there many times. bloody run is, well, different. me and a friend saw a white goat walking down the road bout halfway down well after midnight. of course, we got closer and it ran into the woods. Sturgis kids think theres some kind of bat monster there. Nope, just a white goat. I'd have to say the freakiest thing was the lights floating around the woods across from my friends house. We were coming back from night golfing(awesome!) and he and his sister were telling us about them. when we pulled up to their house, we looked across the road(just being goofy, trying to scare eachother) and there they were! scared the heck out of me. we walked across the road through the field to get a closer look(scared shitless in the process) the closer we got, the quicker they moved around. we got about halfway across the field and they just dissappeared. kinda glad they did, I didn't want to go any further. thought maybe it was the aliens that landed in 94 :-)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3 Jan 23, 2010
Wow Someone sure has an imagination!!!
My family lived in Mongo for 3 generations ,(dating back as far as 1940's)
in fact the cemetary mentioned was in our "back- yard"- wonderful *creek* running thru
as for "bloody run" yes a murder was committed there, several places in America can say that but I surely don't see where the area is ^ haunted :'}..
O well "to each his own" opinion that is ><><
a-k-a---someone- --

United States

#4 May 26, 2010
Awesome, I forgot all about this.. Yes haviland, I in fact do have an imagination, but nothing I posted is an 'opinion.' I know it all sounds crazy, but everything I said was true. So I happily quote you, "Oh well, to each his own"....opinion that is.:-) I could however, happily provide you with some facts. If you were so inclined. jons_not_here_82 at yahoooo.
CSB

United States

#5 Aug 15, 2010
Myself and 5 others took a drive down Bloody Run road in Mongo, In. To those who say it's not haunted..., You need to take a drive down this road after midnight, park you car and ask if you can take some pictures! Get out and "slowly" walk this road.Parts of this road you can feel the heaviness in your legs and cold spots on a hot summer night,my camera shut off on it's own a couple different times. At one time none of the pictures would even turn out til the heaviness and chills had left. I hope to post some pictures soon as I can figure out how to upload them. Happy Hunting and never go alone!
wwood

Shakopee, MN

#6 Aug 21, 2010
Where is this road?
jon

United States

#7 Sep 9, 2010
Coming north into mongo on state road 3, turn right on 300n. go down a mile or two and take a right at the first road you come too (not sure the number) it's just over the hill from the dnr state barn. go past the bridge and take the first left(dirt road...this road is 'bloody run') have fun and don't litter....bugs
rick

Milton, FL

#8 Sep 11, 2010
some friends and I went to Mongo,IN last night to the bloody run. We walked the entire road and had nothing even remotely close to paranormal happen to us. Long walk though so if you plan on doing it make sure you wear comfortable shoes.
tko

Marysville, OH

#9 Oct 5, 2010
Ok, ok. I admit. It was me. Sorry for the scare!:)
ConnorM

Coldwater, MI

#10 Oct 30, 2010
What road exactly is bloody road on? Plan on going tonight. I know it's in mongo Indiana . I live in Sturgis Michigan. Not to far from mongo I need to know the road name. Please reply within the next 3 hours. Email is [email protected]
kathy

Walkerton, IN

#11 Apr 5, 2012
the other night (early evening/late afternoon) my oldest daughter wanted to go for a drive to angola. we all hopped in the car and we went down bloody run. for everyone who was in the car, they didn't feel anything strange that I know of (I have a 5 yo son who was with us) I didn't want to say anything to anyone, but during the entire drive down the road I could feel the presence. It's hard to explain; kind of a weird feeling all the way down my spine (and no it wasn't because it was a dirt road) I couldn't shake it off even after we had gotten on US 20!
I even feel that the house I live in is haunted, but they are not bad spirits. We all live happily in "our" home. I do see shadow figures and think its somebody up trying to scare me, but when I turn to look it is no one. Weird right? Where's the Ghost Adventure Crew when you need them lol
Kaleb

Lagrange, IN

#12 Apr 16, 2012
Im goin with some friends put there this weekend hope we see something im huge into spirits and crap hope none of this is bs...
me not you

United States

#13 Jun 9, 2012
You're huge into crap? And spirits?
What imaginations

Warsaw, IN

#14 Sep 20, 2012
I have lived here 40+ years and my family traces to the beginnings here. You people have some wild imaginations!
DRandall

Dania, FL

#15 Nov 21, 2012
jonathan wrote:
I used to live in mongo. That whole area is freaky! Seriously, Floating lights across my old buddy matts house down 300n, the old hawk house in mongo (which i lived in for 5 years) is haunted by Anna, had a lot of encounters...things moving, footsteps, laughing... her name is written on an old door in the basement, and her birth date is engraved in the steps on the side of the house, 10-02-1859, exactly one hundred years before my moms birthday. that was kinda wierd. There's an old cemetary across from the trading post. Freinds and I had some strange occurances there many times. bloody run is, well, different. me and a friend saw a white goat walking down the road bout halfway down well after midnight. of course, we got closer and it ran into the woods. Sturgis kids think theres some kind of bat monster there. Nope, just a white goat. I'd have to say the freakiest thing was the lights floating around the woods across from my friends house. We were coming back from night golfing(awesome!) and he and his sister were telling us about them. when we pulled up to their house, we looked across the road(just being goofy, trying to scare eachother) and there they were! scared the heck out of me. we walked across the road through the field to get a closer look(scared shitless in the process) the closer we got, the quicker they moved around. we got about halfway across the field and they just dissappeared. kinda glad they did, I didn't want to go any further. thought maybe it was the aliens that landed in 94 :-)
My family has lived in LaGrange county befor it was a county or Indiana was a State. My fathers GreatGrand parents are buried there (MONGO) some place.Dad told me about the strange things going on there back in the 1930's. Funny you live in South Lyon I lived there for a year. I'm from the Lakeland class of 1976.
hi Im from Brazil

Valinhos, Brazil

#16 Jan 20, 2013
hi my name is Adriano, and this nigth I had a dream about a black King, from a land named Mongo, wierd hi looks like an african but he said, he was from USA, só a Start to looking at internet about this 'land" so i found out you, and your wierd coments, he had a white plane, with a lion draw on planes side. he brought me trees, as gifts... ahahha funny and interesting
Blue Steel

Francesville, IN

#17 Sep 14, 2013
The site of the Anderson murders would be logical. I have not heard of anything there, but that doesn't mean there isn't, given the brutality (and lack of closure)of that double homicide. Always wanted to ask the new owners if anything strange has happened, but don't want to scare them or bother them.
Brit

Mishawaka, IN

#18 Feb 23, 2014
My best friend lives in the old Hawk house currently they have lived there 15 plus years now and they have No paranormal experiences. Just a little FYI. I stayed there pretty much all summer long and never seen anything.
Lindsay

South Bend, IN

#19 Feb 23, 2014
jonathan wrote:
Don't be a kitten lol. I moved in to the hawk house after you and it's awesome and kids r full of Mierta. Nothin happened there, there's just flying squirrels in the walls haha. I grew up in that house.
Lindsay

South Bend, IN

#20 Feb 23, 2014
People will see and hear what they are looking for. If you look hard enough you will find what you are looking for even if it does not exist. Ignorance

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lagrange Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erin Huss Oct '16 Moshpit21 1
Cement tower west of Mongo Aug '16 Mongo maniac 1
sex offender (Mar '08) Jun '16 wow wow wow 10
People stealing from unlocked vehicles (Jul '12) Jun '16 Duh 2
Kevin stephens (May '15) Jan '16 Wow 3
verlin under investigation (Sep '14) Nov '15 mom 2
verlin Isaac gay marriage (Sep '14) Nov '15 mom 3

Lagrange Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance