Toddler homicide results in prison se...

Toddler homicide results in prison sentence of just 77 days

There are 8 comments on the WTHR-TV 13 story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Toddler homicide results in prison sentence of just 77 days. In it, WTHR-TV 13 reports that:

Facing growing criticism and anger, a judge in northeast Indiana has stepped away from a mysterious and controversial case involving the death of a 16-month-old girl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTHR-TV 13.

doyourdutyppl

Owensboro, KY

#1 Nov 18, 2012
for one thing it seems as if nobody in this county or town cares that a child a baby was brutely murdered & she walks free, why, is everyone in this little town evil or just don't care, she could do it again, & why is her husband off the hook, he was living there at the time all this was happening ,he had to have seen & witnessed some of the abuse either before ,during or after, he should be charged also , this is the most outragious thing I have ever seen when it comes to a criminal injustice,my god a young boy just got 30 yrs for a carjacking which lead to a crash & caused a death, so he didn't intentionaly kill someone, but Christy Shaffer intebtionally beat this baby & thorcher her to death and walks in 77 days, what wrong with you people stand up & demand your tax dollars to use & get this baby killer out your town,& in jail for life, your town is being made a mockery, you all look like complete idiots, get up & get Christy shaffer off the streets & into jail, she is a cold blooded babykiller !
american

Kelseyville, CA

#2 Nov 28, 2012
and you believing a cropped up web page with all false info created by a couple dope heads is making a mockery of you and a whole lot of good concerned americans the true story was left in court for a reason until Alisas real mother sits in jail justice is not yet served
concerned americans

United States

#3 Dec 1, 2012
american wrote:
and you believing a cropped up web page with all false info created by a couple dope heads is making a mockery of you and a whole lot of good concerned americans the true story was left in court for a reason until Alisas real mother sits in jail justice is not yet served
Christy is the one that should sit in jail, how can she bear to show her evil face in public after beating a baby to death? Did Alyssa's mother beat her to death?? No. The worst thing she did was become addicted to drugs, and she trusted christy with Alyssa and christy not only murdered Alyssa, she BEAT AND TORTURED HER. Are you blind? Or just plain stupid? Have you seen the autopsy report? Did you see the photos? Christy beat that baby until she died of BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA!! Why should Kelly serve jail time because her daughter was murdered by someone that she trusted to care for her??
areuserious

Benton, KY

#4 Jan 22, 2013
american wrote:
I've been following this story.... i wasn't there. Idk these ppl on either side.. so, one thing is certain, only God and the person/ persons that were there know what really happened. If she and her husband and all the ppl wanna believe that she was only neglected, by all means, feel how you feel...i guess,even Christy needs support through this..what does it say about the authorities/ doctors involved? I feel every single person of the " authorities / doctors " who knew what was going on should be charged with NEGLECT OF A DEPENDANT or whatever that legal term would be as followed! This includes but not limited to her husband, father, and brother!
whoever did this, did a most unforgivable act of pure hatred and evil intent! Every time i look at my baby daughter who is just a few months older than baby Alissa was when died, i feel hurt and an unbelievable anger for ppl like her! How would she feel if that were her child? She'd be doing the same! Assuming she even has a soul and an ounce respect for a human life! Why would she want to hurt her? Reports show Alissa had no pain meds in her system, so I think Christy has a drug problem herself and stooped as low as beating a child to get her fix. That is just one theory i have. I have several of them but it is just that, a theory!
And you're probably right, the truth did get left in the court! Plea bargains don't come without some kind of price to be paid by the person receiving it!!!
Furthermore, whether or not the ppl fighting for Alissa's justice has a drug problem is not relevant, they're not the ones who hurt that baby. Drug problem or not, they still loved her and would never sit back and except this!
So sit down and stfu!!!
Insider

East Moline, IL

#5 Apr 13, 2013
Money does talk and walk.

If you want to do that baby justice, the people of Lagrange County need to clean out the government that runs it.

Replace all the county commishioners, councilmen, Judges, and Prosecutors.

It's a boys club and they do run the show.
Peggy

Pana, IL

#6 Jul 13, 2013
who would want to ever move to this town that protects people who murder children?! who would ever consier taking their cildren to the Dr. that stood by and watched this child to be slowly beaten to death! what a corrupt town!!!!
We failed her

Knoxville, TN

#7 Jan 10, 2014
I came across this story by accident on YouTube it broke my heart to imagine what this poor innocent child went through... Her hair being ripped out the sores in her tiny mouth this made me wanna fight for these innocent victims somehow... This story I'm no better words changed my life . what I would give for 5 mind alone with that monster. She doesn't deserve to live or die she deserves to be tortured for eternity. My daughter just turned one I just wanna wake her from her nap and hold her tight.
american

Rantoul, IL

#8 Feb 5, 2014
The babies real mother had the child 2 days befor her death, her first child was taken from her.The child lost her legs due to being left in feces for days, gangrene set in. Drugs have everything to do with it ,Ive known this family for a long time. So if you want to blame someone blame the Lagrange family services, they screwed up and were very quick to start pointing fingers after the fact. IF ONLY THIS MANY PEOPLE WOULD SPEEK UP FOR ALL THE UNBORN BABIES. PEACE AND LOVE TO ALL OF YOU, GOD BLESS AMERICA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lagrange Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cement tower west of Mongo Aug 10 Mongo maniac 1
sex offender (Mar '08) Jun '16 wow wow wow 10
News Convict gets more time (Dec '11) Jun '16 russellyoheyisdea... 4
People stealing from unlocked vehicles (Jul '12) Jun '16 Duh 2
Kevin stephens (May '15) Jan '16 Wow 3
verlin under investigation (Sep '14) Nov '15 mom 2
verlin Isaac gay marriage (Sep '14) Nov '15 mom 3

Lagrange Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance