Child-care program to go statewide

Child-care program to go statewide

There are 7 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Apr 15, 2007, titled Child-care program to go statewide. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A local program designed to help parents find quality child care and help providers improve is being taken statewide by the Family and Social Services Administration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

John Q Taxpayer

Erlanger, KY

#1 Apr 15, 2007
Great. Another program that will take my money to give it to someone else because they had kids before they were able to afford to raise them.

Robin Hood was really just a crook.
Going Broke

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Apr 15, 2007
John Q Taxpayer wrote:
Great. Another program that will take my money to give it to someone else because they had kids before they were able to afford to raise them.
Robin Hood was really just a crook.
This is just the start of them working to fill that
gap from birth to kindergarten (hence the push for FDK)
at the taxpayer's expense. Nothing like giving up a
job to stay home with the children, and then paying
for other's childcare so they can have two incomes.
another single mother

Florence, KY

#3 Apr 15, 2007
i think child care assistance should be for everyone that can't afford decent child care, not based on how much you gross a month, if i brought home what i "grossed" each month i would not need child care assistance. I don't get child support, i spend more each month in child care then i do on rent? Child care costs me more than my rent.. What's wrong with that figure? yeah, i make decent money, i almost need a second job just to pay chid care alone.
1986 Mom

Mccordsville, IN

#4 Apr 15, 2007
How stupid! Does this program consider how important it is to have someone actually CARE for the child (rather than "provide care".) What I provide to the children I watch is love, encouragement, and a fun, homey environment. I am NOT going to report a "lesson plan" to some dimwit sitting in FSSA who doesn't even know the children I care for. This is just another waste of taxpayer dollars. Even more importantly... I don't want ANY information about my babysitting provided to strangers. FSSA needs to concentrate on HELPING kids in danger... if they are so overloaded with cases, why not focus on providing CORE services of getting kids out of abusive homes. As far as daycare goes, often the daycare is only going to be as good as the children who attend.
another single mother

Florence, KY

#5 Apr 15, 2007
: i did not plan to have kids, that i could not afford to raise, i was raped is that my fault, No, it would help if the "dead-beat" dad's would pay for what they created, Not "support" to make a child but "support" to pay for them. im a taxpayer too, god only knows how many mexicans are we supporting for free....
A Mom

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Apr 16, 2007
another single mother wrote:
: i did not plan to have kids, that i could not afford to raise, i was raped is that my fault,
There are always exceptions. But most kids are not created
because of rape.
No, it would help if the "dead-beat" dad's would pay for what they created, Not "support" to make a child but "support" to pay for them.
And again, unless it was rape, these kids weren't created
by the dads alone. Yes, the dad should take responsibility,
but women need to learn that ultimately they're the ones
that will have that child for life. Don't do the deed if
you don't want that responsibility. Learn to say no. The
guy will live without sex - he won't like it, but he'll live.
god only knows how many mexicans are we supporting for free....
Well, that's a whole 'nother thread!:-)

Since: Nov 07

LaGrange, IN

#7 Nov 15, 2007
It is actually cheaper for us to have me stay home with the kids and my husband go to work than to have us both work, because of the cost in child care, I would be lucky to have 30 dollars left from my check at the end of the week after I paid the child care and for gas to go back and forth...why does the prices in child care/day care keep going up???? for 2 kids the cheapest I can find is 150 a week and that's an in home not liscenced child care provider

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lagrange Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sex offender (Mar '08) Mar 11 mike ex 13
haunted places in mongo (Oct '08) Jan '17 Bre12 24
Erin Huss Oct '16 Moshpit21 1
Cement tower west of Mongo (Aug '16) Aug '16 Mongo maniac 1
People stealing from unlocked vehicles (Jul '12) Jun '16 Duh 2
Kevin stephens (May '15) Jan '16 Wow 3
verlin under investigation (Sep '14) Nov '15 mom 2

Lagrange Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance