Posted in the Lafayette Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Aug 10

United States

#3 Jan 17, 2011
poke a dot wrote:
A fanatic is someone who always tries to shove their religion down someone else throat regardless if they want to hear it or not
Can you name one county in Tn that doesn't have a graveyard?
Flipped

Lafayette, TN

#4 Jan 17, 2011
Why do people not use concrete examples of having religion "forced" on them instead of this empty "shoved down my throat" line? One man's "force" is another man's consequence of living in a free society.

United States

#5 Jan 17, 2011
Flipped wrote:
Why do people not use concrete examples of having religion "forced" on them instead of this empty "shoved down my throat" line? One man's "force" is another man's consequence of living in a free society.
Excellent point.

“Take the red pill.”

Since: Dec 10

Shermer IL

#7 Jan 17, 2011
Oh NO! Not being told something you don't agree with. HEAVEN FORBID. You poor baby. Be glad you don't live in the middle east. There you agree or die.

Hmm, which is worse...being told you're going to a Hell you obviously don't believe in...or getting on a bus and some bastard detonating himself and you in the process??

Exactly. Nothing is being shoved down your throat. Grow a pair and grow up.

This is a free and open society and people like you who complain about being exposed to ideas you don't agree with is what is choking the life out of it.

The only people who actively push their will on other people are Catholics and Muslims, neither of which you are exposed to around here on a regular basis.
Actually

Westmoreland, TN

#8 Jan 18, 2011
I don't think "poke a dot" was saying that he's offended by being exposed to it. I'm pretty sure he's referring to the "Christians" around here who shove it down your throat as in telling you that your religion is wrong and only theirs is right. And that you're going to hell for not believing EXACTLY what they do. Everyone is free to their own opinion (and debating is interesting and makes you think), but people around here take an opinion and hate whoever doesn't agree with them and tells them they're going to burn in hell. We have alot of good people here in Macon County, but a majority of them aren't practicing what they preach. I see people who cheat on their wives, get drunk every Friday night, and flat out MEAN, HATEFUL people go to church on Sunday & it sickens me.

“Take the red pill.”

Since: Dec 10

Shermer IL

#9 Jan 18, 2011
Which was my point, why let it get you bent out of shape if you place no merit on what is being vomited at you? If I got pissed off everytime an ignorant idiot expressed his opinion at me I'd never leave the house because 98 percent of what comes out of 98 percent of people's mouth is very similar to the stools of a horse. Plentiful, smelly, and always in your path.

Judging Christians based on said behaviors is pretty asinine don't you think? Apparently they aren't following what they preach hence I see no followers of Christ to judge.

People go to church out of a warped sense of obligation, they go out of habit and because the shitty church community will gossip about them if they don't. I wouldn't place a whole lot of stock in their assertions because they don't even see their adversary right before their eyes. This is NOT a Christian nation, this is a nation of paganism and Luciferianism and anyone that can't see that is drinking the great delusion spoken of in 2 Thessalonians. When churches make it a personal point to educate every single attendent about Bohemian Grove then I'll put stock in what these lazy ass preachers have to say. How dare they tell people about the snares of Lucifer when they haven't the foggiest.

Christianity will NEVER be shoved down anyone's throat. If it is being shoved then it isn't Christianity. It is the automaton behavior of a group of people that have allowed their faith to be perverted by religion and the darkness that infests this world.

You gotta realize most people are incapable of independent thought because that tiny little oblong hypnotist in the corner of the room hasn't told them it is okay.

Like I said, until the "religious" folk actually understand what is in their Book and what is going on around them, I wouldn't worry about their opinions, assertions, ideas, or judgements.

They're doing very little to fix this dark world and only adding misery to it and causing people to flee Christ by their piss poor example.

I'm not better than anybody, in fact, I'm a lot worse than most, the difference is, I can admit it. That is a problem amongst the "Christians" around here. So just ignore it and mellow.

United States

#11 Jan 18, 2011
To have religion is one thing to have Christ is another.
The Only True American

Portland, TN

#12 Jan 19, 2011
You can have Religion and never step one foot in a Church. Your Faith is between you and God. You dont not need a certain Faith to be Christian. As long as you believe in Jesus Christ and live your life for him is all that matters.
Satans Double

Scottsville, KY

#13 Jan 19, 2011
Isaac Baccus wrote:
To have religion is one thing to have Christ is another.
Your comment alone places you in "religion".
If in fact you were not,you would see no difference in the two.
Flipped

Lafayette, TN

#14 Jan 19, 2011
Satans Double wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comment alone places you in "religion".
If in fact you were not,you would see no difference in the two.
Define religion.
Satans Double

Scottsville, KY

#15 Jan 19, 2011
Flipped wrote:
<quoted text>
Define religion.
Something someone believes and is profoundly devoted to by a preconcieved idea or notion, with very little room for, nor intention for change.
Normally related to, but not limited to the thoughts of a higher power.
Racism,Idealism and Atheism are other examples.
Purebred

Scottsville, KY

#16 Jan 20, 2011
Hoooo, Lord, dont talk anything but christianity in this town!!!! I found out the hard way! I personally do not believe in the fire and brimstone of the Bible. I do not believe that Man can judge me just because they go to church and I dont!!! Its nice to see that I am not the only one in this town that has a different opinion, I was starting to feel like I am in the "Twilight Zone." I do believe in one on one with God and that is the temple, enlightenment can be reached.
Why go to church and be told your a sinner and your going to hell if you dont do this or that? I dont believe that is or was supposd to be the intention of GOD until Man put his spin on it.....
Satans Double

Scottsville, KY

#17 Jan 21, 2011
Purebred wrote:
Hoooo, Lord, dont talk anything but christianity in this town!!!! I found out the hard way! I personally do not believe in the fire and brimstone of the Bible. I do not believe that Man can judge me just because they go to church and I dont!!! Its nice to see that I am not the only one in this town that has a different opinion, I was starting to feel like I am in the "Twilight Zone." I do believe in one on one with God and that is the temple, enlightenment can be reached.
Why go to church and be told your a sinner and your going to hell if you dont do this or that? I dont believe that is or was supposd to be the intention of GOD until Man put his spin on it.....
You nailed it with "man's spin ".
Most cannot see that deep into it because they are blinded by religion. " God " is just a name that man has created. Man had to have something "physical" before he could associate to it. And then of course along came who's God was the right one. In all actuality the ones caught up into religion are truly the ones that deserve to be. Seek a higher power alone based upon the word "Love" you speak of, and leave the " Man in the clouds" in the churches and in the synagogues. "Religion" is only a way to place "God" on the same level as man, and to justify mans actions.

United States

#18 Jan 21, 2011
Satans Double wrote:
<quoted text>
You nailed it with "man's spin ".
Most cannot see that deep into it because they are blinded by religion. " God " is just a name that man has created. Man had to have something "physical" before he could associate to it. And then of course along came who's God was the right one. In all actuality the ones caught up into religion are truly the ones that deserve to be. Seek a higher power alone based upon the word "Love" you speak of, and leave the " Man in the clouds" in the churches and in the synagogues. "Religion" is only a way to place "God" on the same level as man, and to justify mans actions.
What you have said sounds real good to people who think like you, but...it didn't work for the survivors of the USS Indianapolis. They swam for days in the shark infested waters of the south Pacific. They received help from God.
Satans Double

Scottsville, KY

#19 Jan 21, 2011
Isaac Baccus wrote:
<quoted text>
What you have said sounds real good to people who think like you, but...it didn't work for the survivors of the USS Indianapolis. They swam for days in the shark infested waters of the south Pacific. They received help from God.
Maybe you misunderstood me......I never said a "God" did not exist, and with all due respect I use the word "God" only because this is the way you relate and identify.

United States

#20 Jan 21, 2011
Satans Double wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you misunderstood me......I never said a "God" did not exist, and with all due respect I use the word "God" only because this is the way you relate and identify.
Thank you. You are honorable in your posting and that is appreciated.
I think

Bethpage, TN

#21 Jan 21, 2011
Isaac Baccus wrote:
<quoted text>
They received help from God? What about people dying of cancer? They suffer every day until they finally die. Did God help them? What about all the families who have someone fighting overseas? Is God helping them when that family member dies? Is God helping all the starving people in the world? Did God help all the people that were killed in mass genocide or who were senselessly murdered? Did He help anyone who was abused in the past or right this very second? Forgive me, I'm probably forgetting something. In my opinion, if this so called God exists, then he's a sadistic bastard.
I think

Bethpage, TN

#22 Jan 21, 2011
No, in my opinion, those survivors of the USS Indianapolis helped themselves. God has nothing to do with it.
Satans Double

Scottsville, KY

#23 Jan 24, 2011
Isaac Baccus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. You are honorable in your posting and that is appreciated.
I hope you understand that I never intend to convey disrespect nor animosity in any form. If I let things like this into my thoughts,it would only be a disrepect to knowledge itself.
To disrespect opinion would only vanquish any knowledge that one may have recieved from the past. A constant return to the places from which we came..........only lost souls shall we remain.
poke a dot

Lafayette, TN

#24 Jan 24, 2011
sometimes, i've wondered about people who don't watch regular tv or listen to regular radio channels. they don't watch or listen to them because they think they are too bad. to a degree, i know they are right. but, where do you draw the line. if i laugh at a sexual joke or see an adultrous act or someone get killed on tv, does that mean i want to go out and do the same? no. but, is it wrong on my part to watch it? i know some who say it is wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lafayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elijah Byfield and Macy Raines 1 hr Wow 7
Why Cheat (Jun '15) 6 hr Hmmm 35
Tennplasco lafayette tn (Mar '15) 23 hr Ang 193
Judy hauskins Mon Doorbelldan 1
Ryan Carver part 2 Jun 24 Big foot 2
Elected officials hiring family and extended fa... Jun 24 Big foot 6
Robbie Gregory Jun 24 victor 2

Lafayette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance