Accomplishments of Citizens for Smart Choices

Posted in the Lafayette Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Aug 20, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
citizen4stableco unty

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 7, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

The adgenda for smart choices during the current election was to remove all sitting commissioners plus the county mayor in order to control the county. well the only thing they accomplished was to get the only sitting commissioner that was in their fold beat. Thirteen sitting commissioners were up for reelection, some were opposed and some were not. of those 13 only one was not reelected and he is the only one that was supported by C for Smart choices. it appears to me that the people of macon county have spoken and the views of smart choices are not their views. So C for smart choices, lick your wounds regroup, choose a new campaign
and a new leader and good luck.
Another Opinion

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 7, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I am not a member of Citizens for Smart Choice (CFSC) but am a very observant citizen. From what I gather you need many more citizens like them. They ask questions. They check documents and gather facts. They are the only group I know that can call on local and state candidates and have their company for hours. They sucessfully put together forums for James Hale, George McDonald, Senator Mae Beaver, Representative Terri Lynn Weaver, Aubrey Givens, Jamie Winkler, Sam Hatcher and GUESS WHAT-- they attended! They also hosted forums that many constables, sheriff candidates, and some commissioners attended.
You might not like thier position on chicken houses, but they are far from non-existent. Even candidates at the U.S. level for our district have inquired about them. They know, that their push for better government stands out from the rest.
Regarding your statements about Billy West. Billy West is by far one one of the most admirable and honorable men and citizens of Macon County I have ever met. He openly supports the constitution. He belives in the freedoms that we have, and listens actively to the voice of his constituents. No, he may not be a "yes" man, or one that is suckered into a planned vote. You see he is above that. It is my hope that his follower will do the same. He certainly has big shoes to fill.
The main reason that many find conflict with CFSC is because they still stand up for what they believe. And Kudos to you if you do the same.
May God Bless all the officials that are placed in office to make decisions for the best of the county, state, and country.
May he provide them with wisdom.
citizen4stablecounty wrote:
The adgenda for smart choices during the current election was to remove all sitting commissioners plus the county mayor in order to control the county. well the only thing they accomplished was to get the only sitting commissioner that was in their fold beat. Thirteen sitting commissioners were up for reelection, some were opposed and some were not. of those 13 only one was not reelected and he is the only one that was supported by C for Smart choices. it appears to me that the people of macon county have spoken and the views of smart choices are not their views. So C for smart choices, lick your wounds regroup, choose a new campaign
and a new leader and good luck.
citizen4stableco unty

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 7, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Another Opinion wrote:
I am not a member of Citizens for Smart Choice (CFSC) but am a very observant citizen. From what I gather you need many more citizens like them. They ask questions. They check documents and gather facts. They are the only group I know that can call on local and state candidates and have their company for hours. They sucessfully put together forums for James Hale, George McDonald, Senator Mae Beaver, Representative Terri Lynn Weaver, Aubrey Givens, Jamie Winkler, Sam Hatcher and GUESS WHAT-- they attended! They also hosted forums that many constables, sheriff candidates, and some commissioners attended.
You might not like thier position on chicken houses, but they are far from non-existent. Even candidates at the U.S. level for our district have inquired about them. They know, that their push for better government stands out from the rest.
Regarding your statements about Billy West. Billy West is by far one one of the most admirable and honorable men and citizens of Macon County I have ever met. He openly supports the constitution. He belives in the freedoms that we have, and listens actively to the voice of his constituents. No, he may not be a "yes" man, or one that is suckered into a planned vote. You see he is above that. It is my hope that his follower will do the same. He certainly has big shoes to fill.
The main reason that many find conflict with CFSC is because they still stand up for what they believe. And Kudos to you if you do the same.
May God Bless all the officials that are placed in office to make decisions for the best of the county, state, and country.
May he provide them with wisdom.
<quoted text>
The only questions they ask are the ones they only want answered.
They do not give all the facts.
I did not mention their position on chicken houses and do not care.
I did not mention Billy West or make any statements about him nor do I care about the size of his feet.
true to you westmoreland

Westmoreland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 7, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

what do you thank about malcolm lane for the u.s.senator in 2012
CFSC Member

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 8, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

“To citizen4stableco unty,”

You are entitled to your opinion, that’s what is great about America even if you are wrong in your assumptions. CFSC did not want, nor has any intention of trying to control the county as you put it, the commissioners & mayor have done a good job of that all by themselves. CFSC no hidden agenda, everything we did was done in the open for the public, as well as the commissioners to see. All our meetings were listed in the papers, radio & NCTC and everyone was and still is, encouraged to join us and this includes the commissioners & mayor. We have invited commissioners to join us at our regular meetings, and were told by a couple commissioners they were not interested. One even said,“I don’t care about CFSC or what the people in this county have to say” minutes after a commission meeting. We sent invitations to each commissioner and new candidate asking them to meet with the people of this county, enjoy the food table and socialize afterwards. Only one commissioner attended or even called to say yes or no.

Since you really don’t have a clue I will fill you in. CFSC did not want all 20 commissioners replaced, there were many we did support and wanted to see win. In actuality, several of them did a good job as commissioner whether we agreed with all their decisions or not. However, there were several commissioners that needed to be replaced, who had and continue to have NO business sitting in seats that are meant for responsible, honest men and women with foresight and backbone. Unfortunately, for the people of this county, a good man of integrity and strength of character was voted out and this will be a hard loss to the people of this county and especially his district. This man was not voted out because CFSC supported him, CFSC did not publicly come out and say we supported anyone. There was a total of 8 commissioners and the Mayor we were hoping would not return and the reason they will be in office in September has to do with the lack of voter turnout and for no other reason.

CFSC came about in hopes of bringing community & county awareness to the citizens and get them involved in issues that should be important to each of us. If we see something that doesn’t seem right whether it be the chicken industry locating here, commissioners who make decisions when there is clearly a conflict of interest, commissioners who consistently pass on votes and get up & walk out of meetings because they don’t want to vote have no business holding office and we will let the citizens of this county know. What we report is based of fact and well documented, there has never been any speculation & we do not report anything that we cannot back up. The commissioners who have a problem with what we find and report are the one’s who are the problem, plain and simple.

You wrote “lick your wounds regroup, choose a new campaign and a new leader and good luck.” First off we have no wounds to “lick” and we do not feel defeated in the least. In fact we are even more dedicated to bringing awareness and our finds to the citizens of this county. Don’t think for one minute that we will not be attending every commission meeting, taking notes, obtaining public records when needed and reporting back to the citizens of this county, good or bad. We don’t need to choose a “new campaign” as you put it. We will continue to do what we have always done and that is to bring awareness to the people of this county. Now as far as a “new leader goes,” we do not have one. We are a body of individuals who live in this county that have come together because we want honesty in government & a better future for all of us.
Every decision we make is make as a group, openly, for everyone to see, not one person dictating how the meeting will be conducted, who can speak or not speak, etc. Although it is appreciated, CFSC does not need your (insincere)“good luck” wishes. What we have is better than luck any day and that is sheer determination.
CFSC Member

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 8, 2010
 
Another Opinion wrote:
I am not a member of Citizens for Smart Choice (CFSC) but am a very observant citizen. From what I gather you need many more citizens like them. They ask questions. They check documents and gather facts. They are the only group I know that can call on local and state candidates and have their company for hours. They sucessfully put together forums for James Hale, George McDonald, Senator Mae Beaver, Representative Terri Lynn Weaver, Aubrey Givens, Jamie Winkler, Sam Hatcher and GUESS WHAT-- they attended! They also hosted forums that many constables, sheriff candidates, and some commissioners attended.
You might not like thier position on chicken houses, but they are far from non-existent. Even candidates at the U.S. level for our district have inquired about them. They know, that their push for better government stands out from the rest.
Regarding your statements about Billy West. Billy West is by far one one of the most admirable and honorable men and citizens of Macon County I have ever met. He openly supports the constitution. He belives in the freedoms that we have, and listens actively to the voice of his constituents. No, he may not be a "yes" man, or one that is suckered into a planned vote. You see he is above that. It is my hope that his follower will do the same. He certainly has big shoes to fill.
The main reason that many find conflict with CFSC is because they still stand up for what they believe. And Kudos to you if you do the same.
May God Bless all the officials that are placed in office to make decisions for the best of the county, state, and country.
May he provide them with wisdom.
<quoted text>
I have no idea who you are but I wanted to say thank you! Your letter speaks positively about what CFSC has accomplished so far and we will continue to work diligently in our efforts to get the people of Macon County involved in what is happening in our government, both locally and at State level. This election has not deterred us from our goals, if anything we will be working much harder. Once again, thank you!

CFSC Member

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 8, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

david harper is the biggest joke that has ever hit macon county. he sticks his nose and his finger in to everything that he dont have clue what he is doing or talking about.
Allen B is a sad loser

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 8, 2010
 
Allen, you are the joke. Going from post to post commenting on things you are too stupid to understand and no where on this thread did I see the name David Harper mentioned by anyone but you. I know Mr. Harper and he is a good man. You need to crawl back under that rock you came out of and quit posting things about people and subjects you don't know, I read on another thread someone said almost the same thing to you. Damn, what a pile of garbage you are and I do mean a pile.
Allen B is a loser haha

Westmoreland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 8, 2010
 
hahahahahha, yes VERY true!!! NO ONE likes you ALlen.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 8, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Allen B is a sad loser wrote:
Allen, you are the joke. Going from post to post commenting on things you are too stupid to understand and no where on this thread did I see the name David Harper mentioned by anyone but you. I know Mr. Harper and he is a good man. You need to crawl back under that rock you came out of and quit posting things about people and subjects you don't know, I read on another thread someone said almost the same thing to you. Damn, what a pile of garbage you are and I do mean a pile.
Thanks i love hearing wram thoughts from people about me. makes me smile everyday i wake up.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 8, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Allen B is a loser haha wrote:
hahahahahha, yes VERY true!!! NO ONE likes you ALlen.
Thats why i no body talks to me no more. Thank you very much for bringing that to my attention. That's had me puzzled for years. Thanks Again
Great forums

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 9, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I don't know any of the citizens for choices members personally but I went to a couple of the political forums they hosted. I met a very nice group of people that seemed to really care about this county and it's citizens. I was there for James Hale & then the Terri Lynn Weaver forum. This group made everyone feel welcomed and after the forum they had all kids of deserts, beverages, appetitzers for everyone. There was good convesation and not one person was saying anything bad about another person and each time both candidates stayed in the food room with everyone and hung out. I hear people speaking badly about this group and I suggest before anyone says another negative word, go check them out. I may even become a member myself.
My Opinion

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 9, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

I admire them for what they are trying to do. Nothing wrong with people standing up for something like our rights and trying to let people know what is happening in this county casue this county needs all the help it can get. I do support their efforts.
Sylvie

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 10, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I know that they are getting beaten up in this town and can't figure out why. I got to meet and talk to many state & local candidates, met some of the members and enjoyed myself. I think what they stand for should be commended instead of being ridiculed. Nice to know that someone cares enough to be the voice for so many who think the same way but are afraid to speak. Thank you to citiznes for smart choices ofr everything you do. Sylvie
Approves

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 11, 2010
 

Judged:

1

I approve of the job cfsc has done to get information out to the public, it is sad that so many people in Macon County didn't even bother ot listen.
Check it out

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 11, 2010
 
I have heard good and bad about this group but more good then anything else. I think I will try and see what they are about myself. I know the commissioners say negative things about them and I can't remember when I last trusted one of our officials so maybe this group ain't all that bad after all.
I voted too

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 11, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

A great group of people. Thank you CFSC for giving us the opportunity to meet the candidates and keeping us informed on the goings on here in Macon.
southern accent

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 11, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

if you agree with them they want call you names .
Hmmm

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 11, 2010
 
southern accent wrote:
if you agree with them they want call you names .
I have never heard them call anyone names. I know they put letters in the paper and are not afraid to put the names of the commissioners & other elected officials that have be screwing us. By the way the word you spelled "want" should really be won't. I am not a part of the group but I think they have done a good thing and you need to learn to spell properly before you print things.
x-democrat

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 12, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Allen B wrote:
david harper is the biggest joke that has ever hit macon county. he sticks his nose and his finger in to everything that he dont have clue what he is doing or talking about.
he has tore the democrat party apart in macon county.i'll never vote democrat in the county again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Lafayette Forum right now

Search the Lafayette Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 54 min WIFEbeater HAWK n HASLAM 141,090
Where are the Sheriffs election threads??? 1 hr hope 179
2015 Shirt? 10 hr Agreed 2
Fire Mark Gammons!!! 10 hr true 50
Masonic Order Baptist Preachers (Sep '10) 11 hr Isaac Baccus 76
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 12 hr Zeke 8,959
josh mayhew (Sep '12) 14 hr Kati 26
•••
•••
•••
Lafayette Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lafayette Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lafayette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lafayette News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lafayette
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••