Pee Wee Football League

Posted in the Lafayette Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Concerned Parent

Franklin, KY

#1 Nov 8, 2010
The pee wee league up here in Lafayette is a great way to get our kids started in football and cheer leading. But here is my question. Is David Phillips the one we need running this league. Yes I know he was the one who started it but from what I see in the meetings and on the field he is not what I want the kids of Macon County to continue to follow as they grow older. Some of his decisions he makes behind the scenes are very unethical. Ask yourself this, is he providing our community a service to our kids first, or has he created a environment where he calls the shots and gives himself power in this league. My opinion is that his first and foremost intentions are self motivating and for his own personal gain. Just ask him about a questionable decision or a flat out rule that has been broken and see how quick he is to tell you he has the final word and you will soon agree. I want our kids to continue to have this league to develop there skills but"DAVID PHILLIPS IS ROTTEN TO THE CORE WITH HIS INTENTIONS" sorry for being harsh and to the point but its the truth. He's a power hog and is no longer any good at all for this league
W___T------F

Portland, TN

#2 Nov 9, 2010
Why did the pee wee team drop out of the tournament being held in Scottsville? Why is it every year they enter then drop out?
MCM

Westmoreland, TN

#3 Nov 9, 2010
W___T------F wrote:
Why did the pee wee team drop out of the tournament being held in Scottsville? Why is it every year they enter then drop out?
Don't know if they were in it this year or not, but they did not drop out last year. My son played and we spent the day in Scottsville watching the 5th and 6th grade teams play.
sorry charlie

Brandenburg, KY

#4 Nov 10, 2010
Concerned Parent wrote:
The pee wee league up here in Lafayette is a great way to get our kids started in football and cheer leading. But here is my question. Is David Phillips the one we need running this league. Yes I know he was the one who started it but from what I see in the meetings and on the field he is not what I want the kids of Macon County to continue to follow as they grow older. Some of his decisions he makes behind the scenes are very unethical. Ask yourself this, is he providing our community a service to our kids first, or has he created a environment where he calls the shots and gives himself power in this league. My opinion is that his first and foremost intentions are self motivating and for his own personal gain. Just ask him about a questionable decision or a flat out rule that has been broken and see how quick he is to tell you he has the final word and you will soon agree. I want our kids to continue to have this league to develop there skills but"DAVID PHILLIPS IS ROTTEN TO THE CORE WITH HIS INTENTIONS" sorry for being harsh and to the point but its the truth. He's a power hog and is no longer any good at all for this league
it's really quite simple,you don't have to play,so if you don't like it ,just don't play or play some-where else.
Mom and Dad

Franklin, KY

#5 Nov 10, 2010
Its not quiet that simple at all. I agree with concerned parent. Not playing in the league don't stop these adults from teaching our children bad morals and values. Mr. Phillips is not the only one but he is in charge and that does make him more responsible for these wrong doings.
pee wee parent

United States

#6 Nov 11, 2010
Not only does he control the youth football, but the youth basketball as well. Seems like someones getting fat pockets and our kids are getting the bad end of the deal. We shouldn't have to take our children to other counties to play sports. Things just need to be run a little differently. Its not a job that I would want, but there definately nees to be some change.
IMAGINE THAT

Scottsville, KY

#7 Nov 11, 2010
Well my kids have played in both the pee wee football/cheerleading and basketball leagues. I have been involved by some form and fashion with the football/cheerleading league for over 8 years. I agree that I think the program should go in another direction. I dont believe it fair that certain teams "LOAD" up certain named players. I believe that all teams should be treated equal, and that the coaches divided equally as well. Same goes with the cheerleaders, although its not as political as the football. Now onto the basketball league. I have had 2 involved 2 years with the basketball league. This league is the same way. The teams are loaded up just the same as they are in the football and cheerleading leagues. While the 1st year, we had a coach that hollered and yelled the entire time and you could here him/her to the square and back, we learned 0(zero) fundamentals that year in the league. The 2nd year was a little better. But we played one year in Defeated in their basketball program and we learned more in the few weeks we played and practiced there than we did the 2 years we played and practiced in Lafayette....So does that say something about the 2 programs in question.....
another case of stupidty

Scottsville, KY

#8 Nov 11, 2010
enough said. If you are so concerned then you throw your name in the hat and run the league.
pee wee mom

United States

#9 Nov 11, 2010
another case of stupidty wrote:
enough said. If you are so concerned then you throw your name in the hat and run the league.
since you decided to comment on my post, maybe you should have taken the time to read it. I said it wasn't a job I wanted, that we just needed some change. I'm not bad mouthing one individule here. I just made the statement that the same person was over both sports. Everything in this town is so political that our children can't even enjoy playing sports...therefore things need to be done differently!
my opinion

Scottsville, KY

#10 Nov 11, 2010
Well Obama talked you pencil heads into "change" and see what happened? How are you liking the change? Well make the change is what I'm saying here. Politics plays a role in everything, have you considered other counties to play sports in? Maybe that would be a consideration since you haven't left Macon county. Until then keep crying about our sports programs.
pee wee mom wrote:
<quoted text> since you decided to comment on my post, maybe you should have taken the time to read it. I said it wasn't a job I wanted, that we just needed some change. I'm not bad mouthing one individule here. I just made the statement that the same person was over both sports. Everything in this town is so political that our children can't even enjoy playing sports...therefore things need to be done differently!
Concerned Parent

Franklin, KY

#11 Nov 12, 2010
First lets straighten this forum back out. I started it and maybe I should have named it David Phillips. Whether you are defending him or agree with all the rest of us one thing is a fact. He is over both leagues and is doing a piss poor job. I dont care about politics and don't want to make this a political argument. Please people are you serious, political, give me a break, Mr. Phillips is about as political as Homer Simpson, HA HA. He may try to act that way, but he's just a fat ass that all the political and high society people use to get the kids on a winning team. Political, NO. Pathetic, YES. Get your p words right. I think maybe his initial intentions was ok, but it has turned into "Look at me, I'm over this and all you people are going to have to kiss my ass if you want to get what you want" DAVID PHILLIPS shame on you. Our kids deserve more and everyone in this town knows that is the truth. It sickens me to see adults act like this. These leagues have turned into something that is a shame on our community. Take our kids to another county if we don't like it, NO its time we all stand up for what is right. He's a poison to our kids leagues and its time for him to step down and let someone who has our kids in mind run it. Again if you don't agree with me, just ask a few questions to David about things you don't agree with and see how long it takes him to let you know that , and I quote "I have the final say and thats that" Get a life David, you don't have to create leagues just to have respect, you earn that my friend.
Rick

Franklin, KY

#12 Nov 14, 2010
I don't like trouble but "Concerned Parent" is dead on this guy. It does seem the only reason he running this league is the football league and basketball league is a project he has turned into a environment in which he has all the power. I listened in on a conversation he was having with the sheriff of out county, Mark Gammons, which was coaching the little vols, about a rule that was being broken. My kid is not on either team by the way. David told him he wasn't going to do anything about it cause Marks team had more players. He knowed that team was breaking the rules and did nothing about it. Whos knows where all the money is going too. I'm not accusing him of taking it but he just flat tells people when they ask certain questions that he makes the rules and that's that. I did what "Concerned Parent" said to do and ask him and sure enough "Concerned Parent" was right he shut me right up. We don't need this prick running our league and teaching our kids to cheat. Write the rules down and everyone go by them. He doesn't do that and its wrong. Lets all get together and do something about it
Cheer Mom

Scottsville, KY

#13 Nov 18, 2010
I have also noticed that football is priority over cheerleading. I do not think this is fair by far. In the papers all you hear about or pic u see is football, no cheerleaders. Eventhough to cheer you pay $135. Only $40 is insurance, the rest is uniform, but the football jerseys are paid for by the league yearly. That's alot of money. But the cheerleaders are paying $95 for uniforms. At least the league could supply something for both. But he says they are broke. And if you are a sponsered you will get uniform that has been used alot and poms that are old and dirty. This doesn't seem very fair to the cheerleaders. FYI I have a child in both football and cheer that's how I know all this.
CONCERNED parent 2

Westmoreland, TN

#14 Nov 19, 2010
I am so confused if these accusations about Mr. Phillips are true. Macon County Pee Wee Football teams have won all their tournaments in the past several years. Sounds like he has done something right for our children. As far as Allen County. We were there last year, whopped their butt so bad they didn't want us to come back this year. I have had children in the league for 5 years. My kids have learned alot and have the uttmost respect for David Phillips. If Mr. phillips started the leagues shouldn't we expect him to have the final say. Thank You Mr.Phillips for your interest in our children.
Concerned Parent

Franklin, KY

#15 Nov 19, 2010
I'm not saying he shouldn't have any say, but lately his decisions have been made without taken moral values and teaching our kids right from wrong. He sets in the meetings and for the most part handles them "OK". Saturday rolls around and for some reason a two faced politically correct person comes out with very bad moral values and making very unethical decisions. The post that "Rick" left earlier is a good example. I didn't know exactly what he was talking about but did a little research. What I found out is that the little Titans changed a jersey from there best player and swapped it to one of there 6 year olds. Apparently Coach Mark Gammons from the little Vols went over to David Phillips and said something after they realized what was going on. Coach Gammons was told that he was going to allow this because the Titans only had 13 players. HOW PATHETIC, THIS GUY KNOWINGLY LET THE LITTLE TITANS CHEAT. Come on, even if your a Titans parent surely you don't agree that its ok to show our future athletes that when something goes wrong or your out maned on the field then you over come this by CHEATING. Very PATHETIC mone David. All didn't have any kids in the little division this time but that makes me very upset. Take up for this guy all you want but that is very low down and he should have something said to him by all of us. DON'T TEACH MY KIDS TO CHEAT DAVID PHILLIPS
Cheerleading Coach

Franklin, KY

#16 Nov 20, 2010
I went to the Award ceremony today at LES. You all are right. David Phillips just wants to hear himself talk and he definitely is addicted to the power that he has created for himself. Shame on you David Phillips. I don't have any sons but you football parents should be very concerned about where all that money is going. I don't believe he is a honest man and he is a butt hole to try and talk a problem out with. I love what "Concerned Parent" said and I will end my word the same way. Don't teach my kid to cheat either David Phillips. He's awful
parent

Lafayette, TN

#17 Nov 20, 2010
W___T------F wrote:
Check your records we played in scottsville last ! This year they did not want us there !
parent

Lafayette, TN

#18 Nov 20, 2010
I have one son that played under COACH Phillips for three years and loved him ! My youngest played under him this year and loved him ! Sounds to me like either a coach or a child did not get their way ! All you have to do is tell Coach to put your child in the draft ! As for the league giving the cheer leading something I know the bull dogs football players put in most of the time,effort , and money into the float only for the cheer leaders to get all the credit ! I was also at LES today and heard cheer leading talk just as long at Coach Phillips !
Cheer Mom

Scottsville, KY

#19 Nov 21, 2010
Well what I was talking about is the money the league puts out to buy all football players a new jersey every year. Why can't they use them again if the child is staying on their current team. I was also at awards and he did talk about the cheerleaders, but look in the papers and see what you see. As for the floats I don't know about that. Guess I would suggest that the cheerleaders make their own float.
Football Dad

Lafayette, TN

#20 Nov 21, 2010
The money for new Jerseys is part of the signup fee for football. As for pictures in the paper, those are submitted by someone other than Mr. Phillips. As a matter of fact, a reporter for one paper also has a son playing football. Mr Phillips cannot control the papers. If you have a problem with Mr Phillips, contact the board with your complaint, don't bash him on this website

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lafayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elijah Byfield and Macy Raines 1 hr Wow 7
Why Cheat (Jun '15) 6 hr Hmmm 35
Tennplasco lafayette tn (Mar '15) 23 hr Ang 193
Judy hauskins Mon Doorbelldan 1
Ryan Carver part 2 Jun 24 Big foot 2
Elected officials hiring family and extended fa... Jun 24 Big foot 6
Robbie Gregory Jun 24 victor 2

Lafayette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance