really

Lebanon, VA

#1 Feb 14, 2013
So Tennessee is goin to shut the income tax program down? Will somone explain why to me without bein mean please. I just don't understand
Danny

United States

#2 Feb 14, 2013
All that is going on is the state legislators are going to fix it where that there will never be a state income tax . Most states have a state income tax to go along with the federal income tax . Kentucky has a state income tax and yes their sales tax is less than the state of Tennessee but if you add the income tax to the sales tax you pay more in taxes in Kentucky just using that as an example
really

United States

#3 Feb 14, 2013
O ok thank you very much
abc

Hendersonville, TN

#4 Feb 14, 2013
What the Senate just did is to vote to put the question of banning the state income tax in our constitution to a vote of the people. There are some people who say it is already unconstitutional to propose a state income tax yet these idiots are the first to push one. This will put a stop to a state income tax once voted on next year once and for all.
Big John

United States

#5 Feb 15, 2013
Yes we never need to give government avenues to take from us

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#6 Feb 20, 2013
We need to do away with the sales tax and replace it with an income tax.
heydumdum

Bethpage, TN

#7 Feb 21, 2013
Income tax punishes employed state residents only. Sales tax gets people from the other 49 states + all the international tourists in addition to the fine folks of TN.

Your logic is flawed
heydumdum

Bethpage, TN

#8 Feb 21, 2013
southern alien wrote:
Income tax punishes only the working residents of the state they are employed.

Sales tax gets tourists, employed, unemployed , citizens, non-citizens, legal&illegal aliens.

In short... sales tax gets everyone.

Your logic is flawed
iddoit

Lafayette, TN

#9 Feb 21, 2013
southern alien wrote:
Are you crazy? This would put more burden on those of us who work abd less on the lazy ass people that live off welfare. You need to look at the big picture. But the again you might be one of the dumb asses that refuse to work. Have a good day

Location hidden

#10 Feb 22, 2013
Wrong you all. The sales tax disproportionally hurts the poor while doesn't hardly phase the rich. The income tax is more fair as the rich pay their fair share.
Mary

Westmoreland, TN

#11 Feb 22, 2013
Death & Taxes...now it is evident that Southern Alien know nothing about either of them.

Location hidden

#12 Feb 25, 2013
Just another rich person complaining about those evil poor people wanting to get by...
Really

Birmingham, AL

#13 Feb 25, 2013
southern alien wrote:
Just another rich person complaining about those evil poor people wanting to get by...
Define fair share? Since the top 10% pay 90% of tax revenue what is fair in your all knowing mind?????
Fair

Scottsville, KY

#14 Feb 25, 2013
Is this fair that there is a fair income tax credit not working at all and they get back $3700.00 our country broke we don't have that money to pay out

Location hidden

#15 Feb 25, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Define fair share? Since the top 10% pay 90% of tax revenue what is fair in your all knowing mind?????
Cuz they make 90% of the money. You tax where the money is.
really

Sanford, NC

#16 Feb 25, 2013
I've disagreed with this guy above me many times. But I don't this time

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lafayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jennifer claywell hansen 11 hr Misty 16
Kenneth Hollis and Hannah (May '17) 18 hr Jimmy 24
Angela Bandy (Nov '11) Wed I know her 11
Phonies who claim to be Military Vets. Wed Take it home to t... 6
Social Borg Tue Duke 27
Children used as income. Nov 21 Unwise to stalk us 22
opening soon - rbs liquor store Nov 21 Dolly D 24

Lafayette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance