First Prev
of 2
Next Last
grady

Lafayette, TN

#1 Oct 21, 2010
Who was involved in the wreck on highway 52 west about 6.00 this morning?
heard

Lebanon, TN

#2 Oct 21, 2010
i've only heard one man from macon the other from boiling green ky that was at 8:30 this morning they was still waiting on notifing family.
Toby Smith

Lafayette, TN

#3 Oct 21, 2010
kenneith Bandy and died on head accident
yep heard

Scottsville, KY

#4 Oct 21, 2010
kenneth worked at mcdonalds and channel 5 was there and does anybody know how many was involved and how it started
heather

Goodlettsville, TN

#5 Oct 21, 2010
it was two that died they dont know how it happened yet but thier familys are in my prays
uhz

Lafayette, TN

#6 Oct 21, 2010
heard it killed a 17 year old.
information

Lafayette, TN

#7 Oct 21, 2010
It was Thomas King and Kenneth Bandy. They were both pronounced dead. These two families need all the prayers they can get.
Stephanie Wheeler

Lafayette, TN

#8 Oct 21, 2010
Channel 5 News.
MACON COUNTY, Tenn. Two people were killed in a two vehicle crash Thursday around 5:50 a.m. on Hwy 52 near Fox Run Road in Macon County.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol said 18-year-old Kenneth M. Banby of Bowling Green, Kentucky crashed his Honda head-on into a Toyota Camry driven by Thomas W. King of Lafayette.
Officials said Banby had crossed over into the oncoming lane. Both drivers were killed.
The THP said its preliminary indication is that Banby fell asleep at the wheel. Both drivers were wearing their seatbelts.
Toxicology testing is being conducted on both victims. Officials said they do not believe alcohol or drugs contributed to the crash.
Both directions of traffic were diverted to alternate routes while all lanes were blocked for hours.
i know Tom

Nolensville, TN

#9 Oct 21, 2010
The wreck information is on Channel 5's website and the The Tennessean's website. Said that Kenneth probably went to sleep driving and hit Tom head on. Both of them died at the scene. I usually go through there at that time of morning, but I overslept this morning by 30 minutes. I got stuck in traffic over by Key Road and never knew what happened till i saw the story on the internet on my break. Please pray for both families!!
yep heard

Scottsville, KY

#10 Oct 21, 2010
Stephanie Wheeler wrote:
Channel 5 News.
MACON COUNTY, Tenn. Two people were killed in a two vehicle crash Thursday around 5:50 a.m. on Hwy 52 near Fox Run Road in Macon County.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol said 18-year-old Kenneth M. Banby of Bowling Green, Kentucky crashed his Honda head-on into a Toyota Camry driven by Thomas W. King of Lafayette.
Officials said Banby had crossed over into the oncoming lane. Both drivers were killed.
The THP said its preliminary indication is that Banby fell asleep at the wheel. Both drivers were wearing their seatbelts.
Toxicology testing is being conducted on both victims. Officials said they do not believe alcohol or drugs contributed to the crash.
Both directions of traffic were diverted to alternate routes while all lanes were blocked for hours.
bandy
yupp

Westmoreland, TN

#11 Oct 21, 2010
Im broken hearted I loved Kenneth alot. He was such an amazing friend and was gonna be a great dad in the next month or so. So sad. Only thing keeping me sane right now is knowing he is in a better place. His family is in my prayers and well as the other man's. RIP Kenneth :(
INMYPRAYERS

Westmoreland, TN

#12 Oct 21, 2010
This is so bad. Who are kenneth's parents? who was his girl? I know a kenneth Bandy. Not sure if it's the one I know.
yupp

Westmoreland, TN

#13 Oct 21, 2010
INMYPRAYERS wrote:
This is so bad. Who are kenneth's parents? who was his girl? I know a kenneth Bandy. Not sure if it's the one I know.
Kenneths girlfriends name is Amanda. His child is due next month. He worked at McDonalds for a long time and drove a blue honda with blue flames down the side. He was a great guy and friend. Its so hard to believe hes gone. It hasnt fully hit me yet. The news stations are making me really mad with false information. They cant even spell his last name right. Kenneth Bandy you will be greatly missed.
courtney sliger

Franklin, KY

#14 Oct 21, 2010
tom was my uncle and the ppl that worked the wreck they said that kenneth probably fell asleep and crossed lanes over tom tried to get over out of the way but couldnt get out of the way fast enough but either way both of the family were greatly loved i no all of yall love kenneth and me and my family loved tom so thats the truth... R.I.P THOMAS KING & KENNETH BANDY
KAT

Celina, TN

#15 Oct 21, 2010
So sad. Thoughts and prayers to the families...
Anonymous

United States

#16 Oct 21, 2010
kenneth was such a good friend.he will b greatly missed.I worked with him at mcdonalds.I was there when he started and I hung out with him on my lunchbreaks and smoke breaks almost everytime we worked together.ill miss u kenneth.
yupp

Westmoreland, TN

#17 Oct 22, 2010
kinkyman wrote:
kenneth was such a good friend.he will b greatly missed.I worked with him at mcdonalds.I was there when he started and I hung out with him on my lunchbreaks and smoke breaks almost everytime we worked together.ill miss u kenneth.
Ha ha I remember sneaking back there with yall and smoking we all had such good times. Just like the time yall iced over the parking lot in the freezing whether. Yall made mestay til midnight to watch lol. I also reember one night it was running and Kenneth followed behind me to make sure I got to where I was going okay. He was always a good friend like that. He will be greatly missed. Im always her for you Kinky. Your a great friend too. I think that road trip sounds like a great idea now. We love and miss you kenneth.
yupp

Westmoreland, TN

#18 Oct 22, 2010
I meant rainin... not running
Stephanie Wheeler

Lafayette, TN

#19 Oct 22, 2010
INMYPRAYERS wrote:
His parents are Rocky Bandy and Cinthia Bandy not sure of her last name since the divorce.
Heres the real story

Scottsville, KY

#20 Oct 22, 2010
Two men lost their lives tragically in the early morning hours of Thursday, Oct. 21.
At approximately 5:50 a.m., as dawn rose on Macon County and many were still asleep, a collision on Highway TN 52 near Fox Run Road took the lives of Kenneth M. Bandy, 18, of Bowling Green, and Thomas W. King, 66, of Lafayette.
Both were pronounced dead at the scene.
According to the investigating officer, Tennessee Highway Patrol Trooper Gerald Carter, a blue two-door 1995 Honda, driven by Bandy, was traveling eastbound on TN 52 when it went over the center line and struck a gray 2002 Toyota Camry driven by King.
Bandy's vehicle spun around and came to a stop, but King's vehicle flipped over the guardrail and landed on the embankment.
Bandy had to be extricated from his vehicle.
Traffic was blocked and redirected from the area while the THP Critical Incident Response Team (CIRT) investigated the scene. Responders from the Macon County Sheriff's Department and Lafayette Police Department were also at the scene.
Investigators believe that Bandy fell asleep at the wheel, causing him to cross the center line. He was returning home after driving his father to Westmoreland.
There were no passengers in either vehicle.
Both drivers were wearing their seat belts, and the THP does not suspect drugs or alcohol to be involved.
Correction: Kenneth Bandy was not returning from taking his father to Westmoreland. It is unknown at this time who he was transporting.
Read more: Macon County Times - Two lives lost in Hwy 52 collision

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lafayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
westside elem. (Apr '13) 1 hr no backbone 8
To The Boyfriend Of Stacy Powell 13 hr The Bro Code 1
makin out in parkin lot (Aug '14) 17 hr smart ass 5
Frankie (efrain figueroa) 21 hr girlfriendonewrong 1
Cheating Men (Mar '13) 23 hr broken hearted 79
Tennplasco lafayette tn Mon Worker at Tennplasco 13
what happened? Sun concerned 1
More from around the web

Lafayette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE