Teacher kid brings airsoft gun get what?

Teacher kid brings airsoft gun get what?

Posted in the Lafayette Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
what you figure

Scottsville, KY

#1 Jan 22, 2013
According to school rules handbook Description Code 6.316 Suspension/Expulsion/Remand
Reason number 6.
Possession of a pistol, gun, or firearm on school property.
I think no matter who you are follow your own rules when your own teacher has a kids bring a Gun Suspended them not what you gave Them. Guess teacher kids will always get away with everything. What if he shot it would they get anything then.
I would suggest who all read call your school board member and tell them to do what the book says. told mine and lol I done know nothing will happen.
Concerned parent

Lafayette, TN

#2 Jan 22, 2013
I am glad to see that someone else even knows about this. I understand that the boy might have some medical issues, but the rules should be the same for all! So if my kid gets in trouble, do I need to just take him to the doctor to get an excuse for the trouble he got into.
what you figure

Scottsville, KY

#3 Jan 22, 2013
medical issues my hind end. he does what he wants.
Whats going on

Lafayette, TN

#4 Jan 22, 2013
Who is this y'all r talking about. I have a child in the junior high. Parents have a right to know
Concerned parent

Lafayette, TN

#5 Jan 22, 2013
I agree that I think the medical issue is a cop out.
Posting

Nebo, NC

#6 Jan 22, 2013
what you figure wrote:
According to school rules handbook Description Code 6.316 Suspension/Expulsion/Remand
Reason number 6.
Possession of a pistol, gun, or firearm on school property.
I think no matter who you are follow your own rules when your own teacher has a kids bring a Gun Suspended them not what you gave Them. Guess teacher kids will always get away with everything. What if he shot it would they get anything then.
I would suggest who all read call your school board member and tell them to do what the book says. told mine and lol I done know nothing will happen.
Did you read what you posted..........
what you figure

Scottsville, KY

#7 Jan 22, 2013
To Whats going on. The child is in 7th and the teacher not for sure what grade.
Concerned parent

Lafayette, TN

#8 Jan 22, 2013
The teacher is 8 th grade the child is 7 th.
Im a teacher

Lafayette, TN

#9 Jan 22, 2013
I am also a teacher and I do believe to some standards, that a teachers child should have some special privileges, you know a perk to the job. But, I do not think that bringing a gun to school is one of those perks.
Cupcakes

Lafayette, TN

#10 Jan 22, 2013
Well I have a son in 8th grade and I think I have the right to know what teacher allowed there child to get a way with this crime. This says something about the teachers character. What happen to setting a good example. What happen to protecting the other 600+ kids in the school. I pray that God gives her forgiveness.
gimmeabreak

Hendersonville, TN

#11 Jan 22, 2013
Oh brother! Talk about drama!
Coddie

White House, TN

#12 Jan 23, 2013
Im a teacher wrote:
I am also a teacher and I do believe to some standards, that a teachers child should have some special privileges, you know a perk to the job. But, I do not think that bringing a gun to school is one of those perks.
Why should a teachers child should have any special privileges? They are no better than any other child in school. Kind of like saying since you are a teacher and your child is failing that should reflect on how bad of a teacher you are correct.
wow

Scottsville, KY

#13 Jan 23, 2013
gimmeabreak either you are a kid/ friend of them or a teacher who don't care. Drama is something that is childish things not a school rule over a gun. Hello this could have been another school shooting. Thank god it didn't but this is worth talking about and to call school board about. They say our teacher kids get certain teacher to teach them and get picked about certain thing Now I believe it all. I have friends in other school systems and they do not get to choose nothing and get the same punishment other kids get. Call Board today people.
Why

Lafayette, TN

#14 Jan 23, 2013
Why in the world should a teachers child not have to go by the same rules and its sad that the teacher would think any different. If everyone is not held to the same rules and standards the rules aren't worth the time it takes to make them. believe medical issues is what gun issues at the other schools.
Parent

Lafayette, TN

#15 Jan 23, 2013
Don't we need to see what the board is made of an just how they deal with this issue. It may be time to call the BIG board on this one. The TV network would love this one for alot of reasons.
On the outside

Lafayette, TN

#16 Jan 23, 2013
I am a parent that is not got anyone involved in this. I had already heard many parents comments in the community. I have also heard from a board member on this topic. In my opinion just from what I have heard, a couple of faculty members had an obligation to report the gun to the principle and they did not. When the principle did get notified several hours later, there was no lock down. The boy in question, was allowed to attend basketball practice that after noon. But, he is also related to the coach. THen I had a staff member tell me that the child in question was allowed to actually show up at school the next day. He was sent to a special class to stay, but he was there. He was also allowed to play ball in another school on the weekend, dress out, and actually play. I don't see any punishment up to this point so far, do you. I am not about drama, I am about the facts. I have a child in 4th grade and I don't feel that our children were protected in this case, I dread my child going to junior high if this is our protection.
Whattttt

Lafayette, TN

#17 Jan 23, 2013
Bringing a gun to school is not DRAMA! I hope you r not a parent!
Wow

Lafayette, TN

#18 Jan 23, 2013
Repost from other forum:
I think everyone needs to get the facts straight. First of all this is a minor child, so his name should not be posted. Second he did not walk away with a slap. He is being punished according to policy. Third whatever did or did not happen is not to be discussed with any of you by the school system because that is the LAW.

Maybe if I knew half of what all of you people think you know I could rule the world.
point is

Scottsville, KY

#19 Jan 23, 2013
Yall are makeing it out to be life or death.It was a toy gun.I know its still against the rules but come on. quit the drama hunting
Anonymous

Columbia, SC

#20 Jan 23, 2013
I think you all need to shut your freaking mouths. I highly doubt you even know all the details. And I am 100% certain that your child is not perfect, and I'm sure you yourself is not perfect either. And also just so you know it federal law about what discipline you get when you have a medical disorder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lafayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason Williams 2 hr Curious 19
candy ray 18 hr mr real man 28
breanna deshea stinson 20 hr cra 11
Dustin Likens (Mar '14) 21 hr wake up 12
Anyone seen Janet Jones? (May '11) 22 hr D Lykens 6
Denise Martinez 23 hr MarrFu 1
What's happened to the LPD? Thu Saul 8

Lafayette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance