Should we be allowed semi auto high c...

Should we be allowed semi auto high capacity guns

Posted in the Lafayette Forum

Haha

United States

#1 Dec 19, 2012
I want to be able to protect myself!!
oh no

Lafayette, TN

#2 Dec 19, 2012
with a semi-automatic? You can protect yourself with a pistol...take the time to go a range and really learn to use it, really learn to hit what you are pointing at...that's all it takes. A fool or an insane person needs a semi-automatic. Get real, man!
omg

Lafayette, TN

#3 Dec 19, 2012
U dumbass most pistols are semi auto.
responsible

Henderson, NV

#4 Dec 19, 2012
omg wrote:
U dumbass most pistols are semi auto.
no civilian has any use for an assault rifle or a 30 round clip. there should be a ban on assault rifles and high capacity ammo clips. the word semi-automatic should not be included cause any pistol that's not a revolver or a single shot is a semi-automatic. and also a person should have to pass a background check to buy any gun, shotguns included. i don't agree with Australia's wording in the gun control ban, cause they use the phrase that a gun can't hold over 5 shots. that's bulls#it.
In the know

United States

#5 Dec 19, 2012
We as law abiding citizens need the option to protect ourselves as we see fit period!!
I've got a M4 AR-15 and want it because it's the best protection you can have period!!
I'm a tn carry permit holder and lawfull carry a .45 semiauto and usually ain't very far from my M4!
We need to be able to even the playing with the criminals!!
I've been around here 50 yrs and always have had many guns and non of them has killed anyone yet!
Town guy

United States

#6 Dec 19, 2012
Obama nor his minions will get my protection
I very well protected by weapons that "responsible" says we don't deserve
We Mr Resonsible just who are you or anyone else to decide that?
I fought for my freedom with part of that being free to protect myself
Who's protecting you ? The cops?
How many times could you be raped robbed or murdered before they show up?
What are they gonna do when they arrive minutes after you've received a fatal wound?
Mr " Responsible" you are just ignorant!
Real justice

Stanfield, NC

#7 Dec 19, 2012
A semiauto high capacity gun gives a fighting chance against criminals.
We must protect our families because no one else can
I will stay armed!!!!!
responsible

Henderson, NV

#8 Dec 19, 2012
Town guy wrote:
Who's protecting you ? The cops?
How many times could you be raped robbed or murdered before they show up?
What are they gonna do when they arrive minutes after you've received a fatal wound?
Mr " Responsible" you are just ignorant!
i'm not waiting for them to show up. i'll shoot em with my 45 or my 357. if that don't bring em down, i'm screwed anyways. i never said guns should be banned. learn to read you ignorant dumbass!
45ACP

Bethpage, TN

#9 Dec 19, 2012
it is pretty laughable the ignorance that the anti gun crowd display. fully automatic weapons are already illegal except for a select licensed few. semi-auto pistols by definition include most handguns sold and as stated, in reality a revolver is more or less a semi-auto though they are DA. One round per trigger pull with auto load up to capacity. There is absolutely no feasible argument against high capacity magazines. Note I said magazines not clip; note to the uneducated in terminology. Are we also to ban pump action shotguns. Give an inch and a mile mile will soon disappear.
BIG SEXY

Henderson, NV

#10 Dec 21, 2012
Town guy wrote:
Mr " Responsible" you are just ignorant!
SISSY !!!!!!
Really Scared

United States

#11 Dec 22, 2012
I want to protect my family/ kids from harm and can using my firearms to a substantial degree!
What I fear now is -How do I protect my family from the government?
DickMango

Bethpage, TN

#12 Jan 2, 2013
In the know wrote:
We as law abiding citizens need the option to protect ourselves as we see fit period!!
I've got a M4 AR-15 and want it because it's the best protection you can have period!!
I'm a tn carry permit holder and lawfull carry a .45 semiauto and usually ain't very far from my M4!
We need to be able to even the playing with the criminals!!
I've been around here 50 yrs and always have had many guns and non of them has killed anyone yet!
What makes it your place to tell me what I do or do not have any use for? Do you have any use for a car that will excede the speed limit? Couldn't you get by with one less meal a day? Mind your own damned business!
DO you know why police have semi auto firearms? Because they work!

The second amendment isn't about hunting, target shooting, or collecting. DO you have any idea who "the militia" is? It is every able-bodied male citizen of legal age.
DickMango

Bethpage, TN

#13 Jan 2, 2013
responsible wrote:
<quoted text>
no civilian has any use for an assault rifle or a 30 round clip. there should be a ban on assault rifles and high capacity ammo clips. the word semi-automatic should not be included cause any pistol that's not a revolver or a single shot is a semi-automatic. and also a person should have to pass a background check to buy any gun, shotguns included. i don't agree with Australia's wording in the gun control ban, cause they use the phrase that a gun can't hold over 5 shots. that's bulls#it.
Oops! I quoted the wrong poster above.
For sure

Gallatin, TN

#14 Jan 2, 2013
Yes you should have the right to own anything you want. Do you think if its outlawed that the criminals will obay that law ? No they will have them and we will not whats wrong is the jails is so crowded that they let these people lose and they are allowed to do it again and people don't turn to God the way we should assault rifles could be handy if this country is ever attacked and we as normal citizens have them it will make a difference if they take them away we are more likely to suffer a attack one day that's why we are safe now keep in mind that they once was outlawed and it made no diff in the crime rate so they lifted the ban and also it is a freedom thing too if they tried to take away SUV's you all would say that's wrong and it would be but they kill more people a year than assault rifles so let's try to lock up these people before it happens lets not punish good law biding citizens
RBS for life

United States

#15 Jan 2, 2013
If they get my gun
It will be empty when they pry it from my dead cold fingers!!!
USA

Scottsville, KY

#16 Jan 2, 2013
Six armed Guards were Obama kids goes to school why don't he Obama disarmed the school were his kids go to let a crazy armed guy go into that school and see how far he gets !!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lafayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mason's Place/Kim's on Hartsville Rd near Lafay... 3 hr TCN 1
Scott Sadler and Anita 4 hr Just a friend 5
Betcha didnt kno 5 hr Wayne 19
President Trump 6 hr Nonsense 6
cheray patterson 11 hr Hey 6
Oakdale Girls? 13 hr Oakdaleman 9
Amanda glass Sun . 5

Lafayette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lafayette Mortgages