Louisiana's Child Support System
Anonymous

Lafayette, LA

#207 Oct 22, 2012
Hold on here. I see a lot of bashing of the parent ordered to pay child support, but everyone needs to remember there are two sidea to every story. I am the mother of two teenagers, and am ordered to pay child support. I lost my kids to the state because I went to jail (for the first time ever) on leash law violation. That is a ticket for a dog not being on a leash. I had gotten the ticket 5 years before, and it was actually my kids father's ticket. He wouldn't sign it and they were going to take him to jail, so I signed it. He was extremely abusive to me and the kids, and after 8 years we finally got away. Long story short, after two years of lies they give him custody! And they had proof of the abuse, drugs, and other things. I still fought for them. I get them every other weekend, holidays, summers, and whenever he doesn't want them, such as all of 2009. In January of this year,his girlfriend decided she wanted to get married, but needed money to pay for it. So they filed for child support. And since then, my kids child support has gone to pay for her wedding ,a car, clothes and toys for her kids,( she has two with him, but he has 6 that I know about),etc. while my kids school fees go unpaid, and I have to buy maxi pads for my child to take over there! Where are the receipts showing where the money goes? There are none, because the state does not require them to show how the money's spent. But let me be a month behind on a payment, and they want to suspend my drivers license! Does the state care that these kids are been verbally, and sometimes physically abused? Nope. Do they care that I can't pay my bills because I have to pay child support that I can barely afford? Nope . Does the state care that irreparable damage is being done to my kids ? Hell no. You know what they care about? Their 5%. So in closing, I'm not saying that every situation is like mine. There are a lot of deadbeat parents out there. In fact, my kids dad is paying child support for another child who he was in arrears over 10000 dollars for, and would use my sons social to avoid paying what he owed. But not all of us are deadbeats. Some of us love our kids, and genuinely want what's best for them. But when will the state be held responsible for showing us where our money is going? I'll bet a lot more parents would be willing to pay if they knew where it went, and if they got to see their kids. Because that's another thing. We're obligated to pay, but they're not obligated to allow us into our children's lives? What a messed up and biased system.
wtf2

Lafayette, LA

#208 Nov 15, 2012
I am a single parent with minors. And a baby daddy that denies his kids. I am getting child support. And it's through the system,I do not get full payments but it does not pay to call because the answer is at least he sends something. He gets 50% wage cuts but his arrears are more than his payments what's up with that
TLB

New Orleans, LA

#209 Nov 26, 2012
My husband has signed his rights over to a son he "didn't know he had". The women is married and the husband wants to adopt him - he has been in his life since he was 2. His son is now 15 going on 16 and this has supposedly been in the works for almost 3 years, according to my husband and his ex. Is that an unusual amount of time for the signing ovr of parental rights ?
They Just Dont Know

Lafayette, LA

#210 Dec 5, 2012
You seriously need a personal lawyer to step in. You and your kids will never get justice without one. Very Good Luck!
daichab wrote:
Hold on here. I see a lot of bashing of the pa
rent ordered to pay child support, but everyone needs to remember there are two sidea to every story. I am the mother of two teenagers, and am ordered to pay child support. I lost my kids to the state because I went to jail (for the first time ever) on leash law violation. That is a ticket for a dog not being on a leash. I had gotten the ticket 5 years before, and it was actually my kids father's ticket. He wouldn't sign it and they were going to take him to jail, so I signed it. He was extremely abusive to me and the kids, and after 8 years we finally got away. Long story short, after two years of lies they give him custody! And they had proof of the abuse, drugs, and other things. I still fought for them. I get them every other weekend, holidays, summers, and whenever he doesn't want them, such as all of 2009. In January of this year,his girlfriend decided she wanted to get married, but needed money to pay for it. So they filed for child support. And since then, my kids child support has gone to pay for her wedding ,a car, clothes and toys for her kids,( she has two with him, but he has 6 that I know about),etc. while my kids school fees go unpaid, and I have to buy maxi pads for my child to take over there! Where are the receipts showing where the money goes? There are none, because the state does not require them to show how the money's spent. But let me be a month behind on a payment, and they want to suspend my drivers license! Does the state care that these kids are been verbally, and sometimes physically abused? Nope. Do they care that I can't pay my bills because I have to pay child support that I can barely afford? Nope . Does the state care that irreparable damage is being done to my kids ? Hell no. You know what they care about? Their 5%. So in closing, I'm not saying that every situation is like mine. There are a lot of deadbeat parents out there. In fact, my kids dad is paying child support for another child who he was in arrears over 10000 dollars for, and would use my sons social to avoid paying what he owed. But not all of us are deadbeats. Some of us love our kids, and genuinely want what's best for them. But when will the state be held responsible for showing us where our money is going? I'll bet a lot more parents would be willing to pay if they knew where it went, and if they got to see their kids. Because that's another thing. We're obligated to pay, but they're not obligated to allow us into our children's lives? What a messed up and biased system.
fuccchildsupport

Rayville, LA

#211 Feb 6, 2013
If the state wasn't in the bedroom when the child was made then they should stay out of it when things go south. I feel that the only time the state or any government entity should get involved is if the custodial parent is receiving government assistance, cause it isn't fair for the state and other taxpayers to foot the bill. If that's not the case then oh well u made the decision to get pregnant when there are several options to prevent that and even after that there were options before the child was born and even after. Then maybe people would be more responsible, but that will never happen because the states are only concerned with getting their greedy hands in the pot before the other greedy person gets their hands in there. If you disagree then explain why the states take a portion of the support if they are so concerned about the well being of the child???? And explain how taking actions such as suspending license, messing up a person's credit by putting child support on it and, locking up a person WHILE the amount steady piles up is beneficial??? Lemme guess, in order to get license back who do you have to pay?? To get out of jail who do you have to pay?? Once again the state, so all participants in the states lil ploy to enforce child support is actually being used as a pawn to generate more revenue for the state and keep you happy at the same time.. Oh none of the above applies to me so I'm not bitter or upset, just a person who have witnessed friends and family go through this joke of a system that abused everyday by women and men, but let's be honest that 9 out of 10 are women that are taking supplementing their incomes thanks to the states. Don't believe me ask a few men if their child support subpoena came after an ex found out about a new girlfriend or a new toy that was bought even though the man was taking care of the kids. What makes it even worst is the fact that money is unregulated, by that I mean it's placed in the custodial parents hand to do as they wish with it. That in itself makes me sick to my stomach that you wanna call it child support but with no way of determining that every penny is in deed going towards just that...child support, not ex-wife support or ex-girlfriend support cause we all know a portion is going in his or her pocket. So child support needs to come up with a way to enforce that while they are enforcing giving it them. My rant and rave.
Thanks
BeenThereDoneTha t

Mobile, AL

#212 Feb 7, 2013
fuccchildsupport wrote:
If the state wasn't in the bedroom when the child was made then they should stay out of it when things go south. I feel that the only time the state or any government entity should get involved is if the custodial parent is receiving government assistance, cause it isn't fair for the state and other taxpayers to foot the bill. If that's not the case then oh well u made the decision to get pregnant when there are several options to prevent that and even after that there were options before the child was born and even after. Then maybe people would be more responsible, but that will never happen because the states are only concerned with getting their greedy hands in the pot before the other greedy person gets their hands in there. If you disagree then explain why the states take a portion of the support if they are so concerned about the well being of the child???? And explain how taking actions such as suspending license, messing up a person's credit by putting child support on it and, locking up a person WHILE the amount steady piles up is beneficial??? Lemme guess, in order to get license back who do you have to pay?? To get out of jail who do you have to pay?? Once again the state, so all participants in the states lil ploy to enforce child support is actually being used as a pawn to generate more revenue for the state and keep you happy at the same time.. Oh none of the above applies to me so I'm not bitter or upset, just a person who have witnessed friends and family go through this joke of a system that abused everyday by women and men, but let's be honest that 9 out of 10 are women that are taking supplementing their incomes thanks to the states. Don't believe me ask a few men if their child support subpoena came after an ex found out about a new girlfriend or a new toy that was bought even though the man was taking care of the kids. What makes it even worst is the fact that money is unregulated, by that I mean it's placed in the custodial parents hand to do as they wish with it. That in itself makes me sick to my stomach that you wanna call it child support but with no way of determining that every penny is in deed going towards just that...child support, not ex-wife support or ex-girlfriend support cause we all know a portion is going in his or her pocket. So child support needs to come up with a way to enforce that while they are enforcing giving it them. My rant and rave.
Thanks
Definitely an ignorant view! 1. The state figures your child support then a % is tacked on for the cost of taking you to court if it is brought via the state child support system. And OMG what $3 a month? seriously?! 2. Taking licenses and jail time is to get the lazy parents off their bums to pay their share of raising their child! 3. Fines/arrears paid go where they should. custodial gets arrears and the system gets your fines. 4. No one told you to whip it out dude! Best birth constrol is abstinence..you ready to do your share there?!!!!! 5. You pay your $200 child support.. go tally the cost of raising a child! When the kid is sick who pays? the custodial beyond insurances. Feeding the child 90% of their days...the custodial parent!! School supplies and clothing? the custodial!! providing rides to EVERYWHERE..the custodial! And all the wants of a child.. the custodial!!! And who provides that most love (normally)? the custodial!*note..i do know there are exceptions to that non-custodials.. this is the average and majority however which I am stating.

Seriously everyone.. wake up! Do your parental duties and stop whining! You see an unjustice..get a dang lawyer! It's your best bet!
david

Talisay, Philippines

#213 Feb 15, 2013
Ok heres one for you how about the father that wants to be in the daughters life that has all the rights, but still hasnt seen his daughter because the system is so messed up. How about the father that fights and fights and proves that he wants to be in the daughters life but the mother files a restraining order against him and lies saying he beat her up and then has no rights? Even better when u show up to court she has family members lieying for her and its your words against her and the judge automatically looks at you like your a deadbeat dad. Next you get slammed because your not thinking of yourself and your trying to think of your daughter and how her life will be affected by the whole situation and what you should do for her future. There are dads out there that are trying to be in there lives and there are mothers out there and judges that arent helping at all. My daughter is 12 years old and I still havent seen her b/c if I so much as look at her the mother will drop another restraining order just so i can either end up and jail and not talk to her or just not talk to her at all or see her. The court system is so messed up. If someone knows a really good lawyer whose willing to help and i mean really wanting to help I'll pay anything to see my daughter b/c i dont want her growing up with the lies of her mother and family of me not wanting to see her b/c i dont lover her. The problem is lawyers are so expensive and I just need one who cares about the kid more then money.
BeenThereDoneTha t

Lafayette, LA

#214 Feb 15, 2013
david wrote:
Ok heres one for you how about the father that wants to be in the daughters life that has all the rights, but still hasnt seen his daughter because the system is so messed up. How about the father that fights and fights and proves that he wants to be in the daughters life but the mother files a restraining order against him and lies saying he beat her up and then has no rights? Even better when u show up to court she has family members lieying for her and its your words against her and the judge automatically looks at you like your a deadbeat dad. Next you get slammed because your not thinking of yourself and your trying to think of your daughter and how her life will be affected by the whole situation and what you should do for her future. There are dads out there that are trying to be in there lives and there are mothers out there and judges that arent helping at all. My daughter is 12 years old and I still havent seen her b/c if I so much as look at her the mother will drop another restraining order just so i can either end up and jail and not talk to her or just not talk to her at all or see her. The court system is so messed up. If someone knows a really good lawyer whose willing to help and i mean really wanting to help I'll pay anything to see my daughter b/c i dont want her growing up with the lies of her mother and family of me not wanting to see her b/c i dont lover her. The problem is lawyers are so expensive and I just need one who cares about the kid more then money.
David,
I personally understand where you are coming from and that the system allows this injustice is beyond me. I've seen it first hand enough times. I truly feel you!

I say work towards it all you can so your daughter knows just how much you love her. And trust she will know the truth in due time. And I personally pray you find that opportunity to break the system keeping you from your daughter. They are supposed to work these cases so that both parents are involved in every child's life unless true abuse is proven. Unfortunately you have to fight this seperate from the child support since she is bringing these other problems into the mix. In my eyes, that is child abuse as much as laying hands on them. And know some judges actually see through these and I have seen father's being awarded full custody of their children in these cases. Good Luck!(Do what my cousin did and parade every soul who knows you into the courts and those who can show the mother for her games. And never go anything alone when she is involved - back up system)

Every case is different, but the bottom line is the children being loved and cared for. And that takes both parents.
skyboy

United States

#216 May 4, 2013
Does anyone know if La DSS contacts the obligor when child support ends?

If the obligor has to file to end support payments (>18, out of school), how does s/he do that?

Thanks everyone!
Terry

Lafayette, LA

#217 May 30, 2013
Stop spreading your legs for every guy that's making $25,000 a year and you won't have to be asking "where's my child support?" Girls, women down here give it up like the government gives our EBT cards. Common sense should kick in. Think like this, "I'm 22, I already have three kids with two different guys. My do I keep getting pregnqant and I'm not even married?" The guy at the window tint shop you think really loves you will not be there.
beenthardonthat

Lafayette, LA

#218 May 30, 2013
skyboy wrote:
Does anyone know if La DSS contacts the obligor when child support ends?
If the obligor has to file to end support payments (>18, out of school), how does s/he do that?
Thanks everyone!
I was contacted to let me know child support was ended and Im sure my son's dad was as well. standard issue'd letter with date filled in.
beenthardonthat

Lafayette, LA

#219 May 30, 2013
Terry wrote:
Stop spreading your legs for every guy that's making $25,000 a year and you won't have to be asking "where's my child support?" Girls, women down here give it up like the government gives our EBT cards. Common sense should kick in. Think like this, "I'm 22, I already have three kids with two different guys. My do I keep getting pregnqant and I'm not even married?" The guy at the window tint shop you think really loves you will not be there.
Hey Terry..keep it in your pants and you got no worries eh?! Get real!
Terry

Lafayette, LA

#220 May 30, 2013
beenthardonthat wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Terry..keep it in your pants and you got no worries eh?! Get real!
That's why I am able to post with a clear conscious. I DO keep it in my pants. Don't spread your legs with the hopes of getting pregnant and nailing a guy and you have nothing to worry about. What happened to waiting to have kids AFTER you are married? Scary thought down here as well as everywhere else.
V Harris

United States

#221 Jun 11, 2013
stepmother wrote:
Don't just talk about dead beat dads because what about mothers that abuse the system. My poor husband is being cheated by his ex-wife the child is eighteen and never goes to school and is two years behind and just stays registered for her check. She has been kicked out of the house several times, where does it stop. What about the dads rights aren't there any laws for them.
im going through the same thing.the first thing you do is get evidence on the wrong she is downing.then get a lawer to represent him.then fill for custody for the kids.if that don't work fill joint custody for the kids.you have to relies that the system is again the average hard working man,right or wrong.as long as the state is getting there cut they can give ashit about those kids.there is nothing strong then preyer.prey to god and he will guide you on fixing the problem.before you ask god to fix the problem repent for your sins and he will fix it read psalm16.my god bless you and him
V Harris

United States

#222 Jun 11, 2013
david wrote:
the first thing you have to realize who you or fighting.your fighting devils in the court room.anti- Christes the system off devils.from the White House to all court rooms.the system is built for a man to keep him down and in jail.they don't care about your kids at all,the only thing they care about is there cut from the child support.they don't want the kids to take about god in schools.the system is not of god.look up the illumanita then you will know who you or fighting and you will no how to fight those devils.the first thing you do is repent for all you sins to god in Jesus name,then ask god for forgiveness.the take to god about your problems.there is power in his name.then you get a lawyer,they have a lot or crooked lawyer out there that's is working for the system.the only way you will get a good lawyer if you ask he 1question.do you believe in Jesus Christ and he died for our sin.if he says no,walk out of there because if the don't love the son how can he help you.we or fighting devils on earth.they they have a lot.there is power in the name of god and the lamb of god and the lamb is Jesus.read your bible and it will guide you.my god bless you and your dauther. Ps read all of John verses in the bible
beentherdonethat

Lafayette, LA

#223 Jun 11, 2013
Terry wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I am able to post with a clear conscious. I DO keep it in my pants. Don't spread your legs with the hopes of getting pregnant and nailing a guy and you have nothing to worry about. What happened to waiting to have kids AFTER you are married? Scary thought down here as well as everywhere else.
Terry, your ignorance is not helping this board. Most of these cases are children from marriages. When you go through the cases in the system come see me! Till then keep it sane!
PIssed

Euless, TX

#224 Aug 16, 2013
hooks opelousas la wrote:
<quoted text> if you marry a man that has children, you are the second time around and just trying to justify your ignorance, a man that does not take care of his own child will not be responsible for anyone, he is just waiting for the next person to take him in so he can cry to and tell his sad stories. their are a lot of vulnerable women who just need anybody and that is who these deadbeat dads are looking for
Do you have any compassion, a man is paying and getting screwed by the State. Go get a freaking life and stick to something that you know something about.
PIssed

Euless, TX

#225 Aug 16, 2013
Ify Enemuo Rural Child wrote:
I got two kids and i dont pay for nothing & Louisiana cant make me cus Ill just go back to Nigeria
You need your ass whipped..
Wtf

United States

#226 Aug 20, 2013
????
livid

Ponchatoula, LA

#227 Sep 20, 2013
i cant deal with louisiana. its enough ignorant women to go around with the men. my husband has to pay 600 dollars half our earnnings to a mother he has aleardy given money two tmes a month from each paycheck. he set a college fund for the baby tried to get the baby life insurance cause in the military and that silly heifer wouldnt even sign the papers for the benefit of the baby. plus she always call him wen the baby need somethin and he pays that. and she has the nerve for a month at at time to not let him see his son wen she gets mad. heck he wasva man to ask her too put him on child support just so she couldnt prevent him from seeing his son and the court gave her 600 dollars like he dont hav a family to support and gebalready support the baby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lafayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who will be next police chief Sat yearight 7
Brad Higginbotham (Jan '14) Fri Oneday 18
News Murder Arrests Made in 2005 Cold Case (Aug '08) Fri Ridiculous 20
Recent Judge Blanchet Jul 20 Sassy1969 5
card reader (Mar '12) Jul 19 Sick40 8
Mariyah And Amanda (Apr '13) Jul 13 yes 25
Paying child support for a child I just found o... (Aug '12) Jul 13 Timwesr 42

Lafayette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance