Lafayette, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2007

Judged:

Receiving child support payments in a timely fashion in Louisiana takes an Act of Congress!!! Why does our system allow dead-beat parents to get so behind in support payments? Our state currently has such a high poverty rate and our child support system is a large contributor to this. Many of these dead beat parents have income to support their children, but instead, they dodge the system by working cash jobs, quitting jobs frequently, using the systems' slow wheels of justice to demand paternity tests to stall, and some even will go the extremes of choosing jail time over making payments! Through experience, I've learned that there are even employers that will help the dead-beat parent evade the system! Oh, and let me not forget, if at all possible, do not go through the state for child support assistance, in the long run, you are much better off if you can afford to pay an attorney to represent you. The state's process is far too long and you never end up with a judgement that works in your favor. The state has entirely too many cases and the courts are overloaded, so they do not have the time necessary to represent each case fully.
Louisiana Lawyer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2007

UL Law Lady, who are you? You sound so passionate about Louisiana's Child Support System! If you're interested, I have a proposition for you. I'm an attorney in your area and would love to offer you a job in my law firm. My area of interest is Family Law, primarily focusing on child support and alimony cases and am looking for employees who share my passion for justice. If interested, simply post your interest in a forum and I will post information so that you may contact me at your earliest convenience.

Look forward to your reply,

Louisiana Lawyer
Mary

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2007

Louisiana Lawyer , who are you if you do not mind telling me. I am looking for a good attorney. If you do not want to post your name here, you can email me.......Heyusexithing@aol.com ..........

Thanks,
I am sorry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

that is a joke try to get money you cant get any help just look at dead beat dads.
great father no child

Lafayette, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2008

Judged:

i think it's sad how people have allowed the court system to sell the children back to their fathers. furthermore look at all these loose leg mothers 5 children 5 daddies they all get child support at some point in time you have to take a look at yourself.
stepmother

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2008

Judged:

Don't just talk about dead beat dads because what about mothers that abuse the system. My poor husband is being cheated by his ex-wife the child is eighteen and never goes to school and is two years behind and just stays registered for her check. She has been kicked out of the house several times, where does it stop. What about the dads rights aren't there any laws for them.
Tammy

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

Judged:

Louisiana Lawyer wrote:
UL Law Lady, who are you? You sound so passionate about Louisiana's Child Support System! If you're interested, I have a proposition for you. I'm an attorney in your area and would love to offer you a job in my law firm. My area of interest is Family Law, primarily focusing on child support and alimony cases and am looking for employees who share my passion for justice. If interested, simply post your interest in a forum and I will post information so that you may contact me at your earliest convenience.
Look forward to your reply,
Louisiana Lawyer
Hello need your help My ex hasn't paid his court order child support in years I think now he owes over 17,000.00 can you help
Thanks
NO JUSTICE IN MS OR AL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2008

EX-SUING FOR CHILD SUPPORT FOR 3 YEARS THAT THE CHILD LIVED WITH HIM OH BUT IT WAS A "VERBAL AGREEMENT THAT SHE AGREED TO STOP THE SUPPORT,NOW HE DECIDES TO MOVE BACK HOME AND SHE SUES ME FOR BACK PAY,MARRIED AND DIVORCED IN ALABAMA BUT SHE TURNS ME IN TO DHS IN MS AND THEY GARNISH MY WAGES,ANS SENT THE APPEAL INFO TO HER ADDRESS IN AL,WHERE WE SHOW NO REARAGE AT ALL.AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE MS JUST TOOK MY TAX CHECK FOR UNPAID CHILD SUPPORT,SO IM SCREWED IN BOTH STATES FOR A SON WHO GOT KICKED OUT OF SCHOOL AT 18 FOR TOTING A WEAPON,AND A DAUGHTER WHO HAS BEEN IN COLLEGE FOR 4 YEARS AND KEEPS CHANGING HER MIND.WHERE IS THE JUSTICE ARE WE ALL AS FATHERS DEAD BEATS,THIS ALL TOOK PLACE WITHOUT EVEN A CHANCE TO DEFEND MYSELF,COURT IS MARCH 19TH AND IS PENDING BUT THEY KEEP TAKING MY MONEY IN BOTH STATES AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE THE ATTORNEYS ARE SCARED TO EVEN ANSWER A QUESTION,I GOT A MS LAWYER AND HE SAID I HAD TO HAVE A AL LAWYER SO I LOST THAT $500.00 IN MS AND WENT AND JUST PAID ANOTHER ATTORNEY IN AL $1200.00 TO GET THIS COURT,WHY DO THEY HAVE RIGHTS AND I DONT.I HAVE RIGHT MIND TO SUE THE STATE OF MS FOR DISCRIMINATION BECAUSE IM A MAN ,I NEVER EVEN GOT A NOTE A LETTER OR NOTHING.WHY ARE LAWYERS SCARED TO DO THE RIGHT THING???IM REALLY LOSING HOPE IN THE SYSTEM.I PAID $500.00 A MONTH FOR 10 YEARS AND NEVER MISSED A BEAT ,PAID FOR ALL THE DENTAL,ALL THE DR;S AND EVEN THE CARPET CLEANER TO CLEAN PUKE WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS SICK,AS SHE CALLED ME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT TO LET ME KNOW.WHY CAN I NOT GET TO A POINT AND BE DONE.
Bret

Lafayette, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

Judged:

I'm definitely not one to shirk my resposibility as a father but i'm convinced no one more than the father understands how much Child Support cost. Fathers just pay up and shut up. Mothers don't have to claim taxes on it much less proves where it goes. Then the father still is forced to pay more for health & dental insurance, school cost, special events, etc. In essence, child support pays for the child simply because they exist and everything else must be payed by the father on top of that. Courts don't care if the mother is a kook, her fault for a bad marriage or even if the father wants custody. I'm not excusing the deadbeat dads, their children need financial assistance, I just don't think the mother should be in the drivers seat because she is the custodial parent.
hooks opelousas la

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

Judged:

stepmother wrote:
Don't just talk about dead beat dads because what about mothers that abuse the system. My poor husband is being cheated by his ex-wife the child is eighteen and never goes to school and is two years behind and just stays registered for her check. She has been kicked out of the house several times, where does it stop. What about the dads rights aren't there any laws for them.
if you marry a man that has children, you are the second time around and just trying to justify your ignorance, a man that does not take care of his own child will not be responsible for anyone, he is just waiting for the next person to take him in so he can cry to and tell his sad stories. their are a lot of vulnerable women who just need anybody and that is who these deadbeat dads are looking for
Desoerate for ant support

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Please , if any onr would give me a site or a number that would guide me in the way as far as putting him away, 2 years and not a payment . I am a full time student and work almost full time. Please give me some hope !!!!!
SkeeO

Lafayette, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Great topic.. I am a single mom and have not received any child support from the dead beat.. The system is just horrible!
Jennifer

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

Judged:

SkeeO wrote:
Great topic.. I am a single mom and have not received any child support from the dead beat.. The system is just horrible!
Well, I understand your plight. Still, I would just like to pose a question to you and all of the single mothers out there. First of all, was there a marrige involved? If not, was this baby you wanted or did he want it too. ofcourse, I really don't expect you to be honest about it. Still what is never considered is that the system is messed up in that two people may agree to have sex, but two people don't necessarily "agree" to have a child. Since the mother has all of the say so, you women need to remember that if a man doesn't want the baby when you make the announcement, chances are that they will never want it. finally, as women, we can have abortions or put children up for adoption that we determine we do not want. What the hell can a man do when he does not want a child. Face it, if you have the right to not want a child, a man should have the right to not want it either. Afterall, a mother carries it, not the father.... so what makes him not wanting it so bad. You can leave your unwanted child at the police deparment, and the state won't ask you any questions. Look at all of the children in teh foster care system and living as wards of the state. Whay aren't they making those mothers pay child support?
mom to be

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

Judged:

are yall really lisening to yourselves? First off Im single and pregnant and just for the father of my baby to go find someone else and tell me hes not going to help me and if i try to make him pay child support he is going to take the baby away from me, for all the men who think women do you wrong, im here to let you know that you do not suffer 9 months of having a baby inside you, preparing and working and being pregnant and then being an object to society cause your not married and your single, and the father expects you to have the baby and raise the baby with no help involved on his part so that he can start a new relationship with another women who he doesnt want to lose, well let me tell you something, i believe i deserve something from him if its not his time and my child has to grow with out a dad cause he doesnt want to own up then thats ok my day in court will come, and i will fight for my child, yes i thought be a smart women and actually trying to talk to himw ithout dragging our kid in to court but he thinks im being unfair the only thing i ever asked from him was to be there and he caint even do that so you best bet im taking him to court, he deserves to contribute to something with both made. i like how it think he can keep me his secret so that he doesnt lose the person his with, just goes to show you he doesnt care about this baby, and just because he doesnt, does not mean i dont. i dont think that some cases are fair, but in most part the guy turns out to be the same way and that is scared. theres alot that the guys get away with that i believe they shouldnt be able to...
todd travasos

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2008

Judged:

A typical Nigerian Scammer.
Your Mom

Broussard, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

What is currently pissing me off is that there was this "tax intercept" program. It was supposed to "intercept" tax refunds from noncustodial parents (who are not all men)who are in arrears ...and give that to the custodial parent.

I filed for the tax intercept.
The next week - the good for nothing father of my son told me how he got his refund (telling me this at his father's funeral!) and the fact that he owes me nearly $4,000 is "no big deal."

All I can say is thank goodness that I've never depended on others.
The extra money in my pocket would definately help - but I'm not going to lose my house if I don't get the support.

As a matter of fact - I want to terminate his parental rights. How do I do that??
Stranger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2008

Judged:

Your Mom wrote:
What is currently pissing me off is that there was this "tax intercept" program. It was supposed to "intercept" tax refunds from noncustodial parents (who are not all men)who are in arrears ...and give that to the custodial parent.
The next week - the good for nothing father of my son told me how he got his refund (telling me this at his father's funeral!) and the fact that he owes me nearly $4,000 is "no big deal."
The extra money in my pocket would definitely help - but I'm not going to lose my house if I don't get the support.
As a matter of fact - I want to terminate his parental rights. How do I do that??
Louisiana will not allow you to bastardize a child.
Your Mom

Broussard, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2008

His name isn't even on the birth certificate.
If that isn't "bastardizing" a child - then please tell me what is.
This "man" has been more trouble than help in the past 5 years.
I just hate the fact that he has the right to take me to court for joint custody or anything else regarding our child. Albeit, I know he will never win a case - but the pain in the ass of going through all of it sickens me.
Stranger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2008

I am not calling your child a bastard. The comment was in regards to the standing of the court system.
janel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2008

Judged:

Your Mom wrote:
The extra money in my pocket would definately help - but I'm not going to lose my house if I don't get the support.
His parental rights can be terminated by him signing them over to you. However, you may have problems with state help, if you ar receiving it.
I know a man that was going to do that. His ex-wife wanted him to sign over his rights to their child. She told him that she would take him off of child support if he gave up his rights. A lawyer told him that if he signed over his rights, she may take him off of child support for a minute ...but, if she wanted to come back on him for child support, she could...the lawyer said that the courts may not be so willing to give back the parental rights after he gave them up....(I am sure that it is not impossible with all of the stupid outdated laws..but an Unlikely Possibility!)
In your case, if the father is o.k. with terminating his rights, you should do some research... to maybe check and see if you can file paperwork without a lawyer. Try searching via the internet or check at the clerk's office at the courthouse. Ask questions, if they can not help you, maybe they know someone that can help you. They also have pro-bono lawyers through Legal Aid -(this takes a while) I filed for a divorce and did the paperwork myself before. You may have to pay court costs or soemthing.
Now, in the case that your child's father terminates his rights...then another man that you are madly in love with and married to can adopt your child. By your child becoming adopted, you will no longer be able to go back on the biological father for support.
Parental rights is a serious issue. As a single mother, you will want to consider your child's well being in the case of a tragedy. Do you believe that the child's father will provide for your child if something happens to you?
At any rate, not saying that you do, but, try not to say negative things about the child's father in front of him or her. They will know the truth soon enough.
Good luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of225
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Lafayette Forum right now

Search the Lafayette Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 2 hr Living Wage 2,612
Who will win Mayor of Church Point? 16 hr Lets be Honest 8
lets talk about Mark Gilliam a cp cop who's run... (Oct '13) Sun THE Human Racist 25
What's with married women??!! Jul 18 one who cares 2
Church Point man pinned under car identified Jul 18 CP RESIDENT 1
Boo Matte Jul 18 CP RESIDENT 7
Shooting suspects sought in Abbeville Jul 18 pass dat bale 34
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lafayette Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••