Mickey Shunick, Lisa Pate cases could...

Mickey Shunick, Lisa Pate cases could be tried together

There are 5 comments on the The Shreveport Times story from Jul 24, 2012, titled Mickey Shunick, Lisa Pate cases could be tried together. In it, The Shreveport Times reports that:

LAFAYETTE -- The murders of Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate may go before a jury at the same time, District Attorney Mike Harson said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Shreveport Times.

cp resident

Jena, LA

#1 Jul 26, 2012
Why would they try these 2 cases together? The only thing they have in common is the one who is accused of doing it. They are so far apart from each other that the jurors may get confused on the evidence they are given.
Louisiana

United States

#2 Jul 26, 2012
Would this have an affect on the sentencing? I understand your view cp resident and this (cp residents point) doesnt need to happen. I just hope whoever is convicted, is the one who did it.
CP RESIDENT

United States

#3 Aug 2, 2012
cajunfreak

Kinder, LA

#4 Aug 4, 2012
he look good in a dress
NOLA

Kenner, LA

#5 Aug 7, 2012
I think that by trying them together....they can go for the death penalty. By trying them together the jury can know about both cases. If tried separately, the Pate jury couldn't convict on knowing of the Shunick case b/c her death hadn't happened yet, so they couldn't even bring up her name. Then if he's found not guilty on the Pate case, when they try him for the shunick case they can't bring up the Pate case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lafayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sexless marriage (Nov '11) May 22 PrisonAtHome 61
Dennis Bundick pretending to be a judge ? May 21 Mitch01 2
Jesse Carvell (Dec '09) May 19 MissHimDaily 87
Tyler Brinkman (Apr '09) May 19 YaCousinYo 44
Who is the hottest guy in Church Point? (Feb '09) May 18 SeenToTell 327
Trash May 16 Flash_62 1
Has Jim Gary done you wrong? May 15 Tellme 10

Lafayette Jobs

Personal Finance

Lafayette Mortgages