Motorcycle Mechanic Needed!

Motorcycle Mechanic Needed!

Posted in the Lafayette Forum

Shovel head

Alexandria, LA

#1 Jun 15, 2012
I inherited a great vintage bike from my dad, and I am in need of an honest and trustworthy mechanic to get it running right. This bike was my dads everything, but he was afraid to let someone work on it for fear they would steal parts off of it. Does anyone recommend an honest motorcycle mechanic? My dream is to ride his beloved bike.
Noah Brower

Broken Arrow, OK

#2 Jun 18, 2012
Shovel head wrote:
I inherited a great vintage bike from my dad, and I am in need of an honest and trustworthy mechanic to get it running right. This bike was my dads everything, but he was afraid to let someone work on it for fear they would steal parts off of it. Does anyone recommend an honest motorcycle mechanic? My dream is to ride his beloved bike.
Hit me up at [email protected] I am from Youngsville and my stepdad has been a mechanic for over 20 years, he even built the bike that he currently has. Anyway he always seems to be interested in fixing things up and I assure you he wouldn't rip you off like any other bike shops in Lafayette. Or maby I can just relay some advice between he and you. What kind of motorcycle is it anyway?
chris

Lafayette, LA

#3 Jul 18, 2012
what type bike is it and can you afford to fix it, and is it to be restored or just to run, keep in mind most bike parts are not cheap, further if it has been non working for some time the brake system will have to be entirely replaced and carb system as well, new battery, usually switches can be broken apart and cleaned to save
Shovel Head

Alexandria, LA

#4 Jul 18, 2012
The bike runs great fast but will die at slow speeds in the city. I have decided not to repair it but rather sell it. It is 77 Harley Shovel head Hard tail. It's beautiful bike but a little too much for me to ride.
guzzi

Youngsville, LA

#5 Jul 28, 2012
Shovel Head wrote:
The bike runs great fast but will die at slow speeds in the city. I have decided not to repair it but rather sell it. It is 77 Harley Shovel head Hard tail. It's beautiful bike but a little too much for me to ride.
whats your asking price?
Maximus

Alexandria, LA

#6 Jul 28, 2012
guzzi wrote:
<quoted text>whats your asking price?
Six thousand

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lafayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
June Aka Author Henry Nov 29 Chyna 1
News Lafayette woman shot multiple times shielding o... Nov 28 Plasma Griffin 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Tony Roswarski as Mayor? Nov 28 vernon lancon 1
carencro police? (Apr '06) Nov 26 dreamaker 149
Carrier or Carriere family reunion (Apr '14) Nov 24 TL Carriere 5
Officer Craig David (Mar '16) Nov 23 Pop 16
News Name of UL student who filed false police repor... Nov 23 Stephen 1

Lafayette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lafayette Mortgages