Justice For Patrice LeBlanc

Justice For Patrice LeBlanc

Posted in the Lafayette Forum

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1 Jul 8, 2011
I posted the following on Houston Topix yesterday:

"I served on the jury of that trial, and I never got to say this to her family: I am truly sorry for your loss and extend my deepest condolences to you all. Patrice was a beautiful young lady who did not deserve to die when and how she did. For the last couple of months I have been wondering (out loud to my spouse and friends) if he was still in prison, and whether or not the family would welcome my attendance at parole hearings. One of my friends suggested I use google, and I was astonished to find that the subject has been on this forum as recently as last month.
I would be more than happy to attend parole hearings in support of Patrice's family and to offer my experiences with her death as a juror. We, the jury, chose life in prison for a reason. Through the years, I’ve often remembered the trial, and have never forgotten about Patrice and her family. I will continue keeping her spirit and her family in my prayers. I will also contact the prison and find out if they can give me information regarding parole hearings because I would like to attend and present my reasons as to why he should serve the sentence, in full, that he was given. Proof of my service on the jury will be easy to confirm and verify."

If any of the family members would like to contact me, you can private message me here on LaFayette Topix.

Again, I am so very sorry for your loss. She will never be forgotten.
Never Understood Why

Opelousas, LA

#5 Jul 10, 2011

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#6 Dec 17, 2011
I am the person who posted here as "JusticeForPatrice". I had to set up a new account. If any of Patrice's family would like to contact me, please private message me here. I'll be checking in regularly. I'm so sorry we've had such a hard time making contact, however, I'll be happy to talk with you anytime.
Shelly Goodyear

San Francisco, CA

#7 Mar 10, 2012
Hi,
Patrice was a very close friend of mine. I moved to Austin, Tx. a year before the incident in Houston. I didn't have a lot of contact with Patrice after the move. One weekend I was going to visit friends in Houston and I called and left a message with Patrice's "roommate" that I would be in Houston and wanted to see her. Everything seemed like I would see her from my brief conversation with her roommate. Upon leaving Austin to drive to Houston, I made one more call to Patrice to let her know where we were going to be out that night because I hadn't heard back from her. The roommate answered the phone again and I told him what our plans were. At the end of the conversation I said great, I'll see you guy's there and with a condescending tone he said, probably not and hung up. After hanging up the phone I turned to walk away and had the first of several anxiety attacks on my way to Houston. I think on some level my unconscious mind knew something horrible had happened. I have only seen Patrice's parents one since the funeral. I have not talked to anyone that had information about the detail's of Patrice's death. I would be grateful to have a conversation with you. I'm not really sure how this site works but I'll check back and hopefully we can connect. Thank you! Shelly
Robert Williamson

Pageland, SC

#8 May 9, 2012
Never Understood Why wrote:
http://www.texastribune.org/li brary/data/texas-prisons/inmat es/john-clifford-youens/4555/
I was classmate of Patrice's from Acadiana High class of '83. When I heard of her murder. I was working at the Beef and Ale Restaurant as a busboy. There were several other classmates who also worked there and were all shocked and deeply saddened by this senseless act. She was a wonderful young woman with her whole life ahead of her. Her father, I believe his name is George, was a frequent patron, as he was a friend of the owner, Greg Wallace. I saw the pain he went through when I saw him there after what happened. There was no sense in it. I hope they do not ever let this murderer out of prison. She is still missed by many and will not be forgotten.
John L

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Jul 11, 2012
Shelly Goodyear wrote:
Hi,
Patrice was a very close friend of mine. I moved to Austin, Tx. a year before the incident in Houston. I didn't have a lot of contact with Patrice after the move. One weekend I was going to visit friends in Houston and I called and left a message with Patrice's "roommate" that I would be in Houston and wanted to see her. Everything seemed like I would see her from my brief conversation with her roommate. Upon leaving Austin to drive to Houston, I made one more call to Patrice to let her know where we were going to be out that night because I hadn't heard back from her. The roommate answered the phone again and I told him what our plans were. At the end of the conversation I said great, I'll see you guy's there and with a condescending tone he said, probably not and hung up. After hanging up the phone I turned to walk away and had the first of several anxiety attacks on my way to Houston. I think on some level my unconscious mind knew something horrible had happened. I have only seen Patrice's parents one since the funeral. I have not talked to anyone that had information about the detail's of Patrice's death. I would be grateful to have a conversation with you. I'm not really sure how this site works but I'll check back and hopefully we can connect. Thank you! Shelly
Shelly,

What more do you want to know, I have learned more about her murder since looking at the articles recently. I live in the Houston area and can get information on just about anything I need to. I did not know you knew Patrice, of all the cousins I have, she was one of the few I spent time with. I left Louisiana and moved to South Dakota about the time all this happened and did not really know any of the specifics. I was suprised to see people are still talking about it after all this time. She was a special person. I just found out her mom passed a couple of years ago and as for George, her dad, I have not heard anything about him. Look forward to hearing from you.
Stacey

Lafayette, LA

#10 Dec 19, 2012
Shelly Goodyear wrote:
Hi,
Patrice was a very close friend of mine. I moved to Austin, Tx. a year before the incident in Houston. I didn't have a lot of contact with Patrice after the move. One weekend I was going to visit friends in Houston and I called and left a message with Patrice's "roommate" that I would be in Houston and wanted to see her. Everything seemed like I would see her from my brief conversation with her roommate. Upon leaving Austin to drive to Houston, I made one more call to Patrice to let her know where we were going to be out that night because I hadn't heard back from her. The roommate answered the phone again and I told him what our plans were. At the end of the conversation I said great, I'll see you guy's there and with a condescending tone he said, probably not and hung up. After hanging up the phone I turned to walk away and had the first of several anxiety attacks on my way to Houston. I think on some level my unconscious mind knew something horrible had happened. I have only seen Patrice's parents one since the funeral. I have not talked to anyone that had information about the detail's of Patrice's death. I would be grateful to have a conversation with you. I'm not really sure how this site works but I'll check back and hopefully we can connect. Thank you! Shelly
Hey Shelly. I am her sister. Tiny. How are u? This is wild to read all of this. How can I contact you ?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#11 Feb 18, 2013
well tiny its mindy i guess u found this too it is absolutely wild to see this wow..
Shelly

San Francisco, CA

#12 Jul 3, 2013
Reneemigues wrote:
well tiny its mindy i guess u found this too it is absolutely wild to see this wow..
Hey Tiny, I am really glad to hear form you. Its been a while since I looked at this forum. Please email me at [email protected] I would love to talk to you!! xo
huh

Niceville, FL

#14 Jun 12, 2015
Is this lady cliff youens killed.?
Stardom1996

United States

#15 Jul 4, 2015
huh wrote:
Is this lady cliff youens killed.?
Yes
gleb6566

United States

#16 Jul 9, 2015
My name is Gary LeBlanc 1st cousin to Patrice and of course her family . Whom I love dearly. .its been a long time since Patrice s death . But o remember it like it was yesterday .. Justice will be had whether it be him rotting in prison with no parole ever to be had. As far as I'm concerned he has it way too good . Love and miss u Patrice . God bless u. .
Larry Menendez

Orange, TX

#17 Aug 1, 2015
JusticeForPatrice wrote:
I posted the following on Houston Topix yesterday:
"I served on the jury of that trial, and I never got to say this to her family: I am truly sorry for your loss and extend my deepest condolences to you all. Patrice was a beautiful young lady who did not deserve to die when and how she did. For the last couple of months I have been wondering (out loud to my spouse and friends) if he was still in prison, and whether or not the family would welcome my attendance at parole hearings. One of my friends suggested I use google, and I was astonished to find that the subject has been on this forum as recently as last month.
I would be more than happy to attend parole hearings in support of Patrice's family and to offer my experiences with her death as a juror. We, the jury, chose life in prison for a reason. Through the years, I’ve often remembered the trial, and have never forgotten about Patrice and her family. I will continue keeping her spirit and her family in my prayers. I will also contact the prison and find out if they can give me information regarding parole hearings because I would like to attend and present my reasons as to why he should serve the sentence, in full, that he was given. Proof of my service on the jury will be easy to confirm and verify."
If any of the family members would like to contact me, you can private message me here on LaFayette Topix.
Again, I am so very sorry for your loss. She will never be forgotten.
Texas does not have parole hearings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lafayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike perry 13 hr kozmo37643 1
Officer Craig David Sun Pubben 13
I have a girlfriend but I think I'm gay? please... (Jun '13) Jun 24 Zerb 33
why was Joey Olivier arrested this week end in ... Jun 24 Felicia 2
to all single mothers (Nov '10) Jun 23 Flash_62 43
Watch Yout Husbands Jun 22 Pop that bitch 1
Mike Perry Jun 22 Concerned 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lafayette Mortgages