Local struggles with welfare

Local struggles with welfare

There are 3 comments on the WLFI Lafayette story from Mar 20, 2009, titled Local struggles with welfare. In it, WLFI Lafayette reports that:

Area Four in Lafayette is getting flooded with calls from Tippecanoe County residents about their struggles with Welfare.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLFI Lafayette.

Ann Werner

Knox, IN

#1 Apr 2, 2009
I also had a most frustrating time with my food stamp application. I got no help in Oc, Nv, Dc. When my stamps were activated in Jan there was some compensation for the months I was without. In the process of trying to get them I also tried to contact the ombudsman and was unsuccessful. Being denied these resources is traumatic. Being met with th chaos reflected in Aulds admissions above is infuriating.
are you kidding

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Apr 3, 2009
the system stinks!
LOOK AT THE SYSTEM

Duncan, OK

#3 Apr 14, 2009
Let's try to look at it from the caseworker's point of view: they have five hundred cases each and are doing at least 14 appointments daily plus trying to field phone calls plus trying to do case processing for people who turn in paperwork. They are one person for five hundred cases, and getting new ones every day. (I have heard that the Tippecanoe office alone receives 100 new applications EACH DAY.) Try to cut them some slack- if the state would hire more people then this problem wouldn't be as big as it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lafayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rtv6 special on a Purdue study on peeing in pools Dec '16 Alt 1
Barking dog ... Dec '16 Mike 2
Where can you find single girls in Lafayette? Dec '16 Just an internet guy 3
News Purdue suspends 4 football players after sex as... Nov '16 Trump16 3
ISO family of Thomas Matthew Farrell (Senior).... (Jun '15) Nov '16 Farrellfirl000 2
adult fastpitch softball Nov '16 shagerty 1
News W.L. family shares struggle to survive (Mar '09) Oct '16 skeletons in her ... 22

Lafayette Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lafayette Mortgages