Roads grow slick and icy

Roads grow slick and icy

There are 2 comments on the WLFI Lafayette story from Jan 7, 2010, titled Roads grow slick and icy. In it, WLFI Lafayette reports that:

Current road conditions within the Lafayette District of the Indiana State Police, which includes Benton, Warren, Tippecanoe, Clinton, Fountain, Montgomery, White, and Carroll Counties, are starting to become icy and slick.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLFI Lafayette.

tim

Chattahoochee, FL

#1 Jan 9, 2010
i was in indy wensday/thursday, i65.south between 90 & 95 was 3 reckes, all of wich was trucks. drivers driving way 2 fast. plz,slow down drivers. the freight isnt worth dyin 4. i drive a 89 kw 48ft skateboard, & im tellin you drivers slow down, it may be your wife in the car beside you, thx be safe, tim/aka/ detoure
SpEEDY

United States

#2 Jan 13, 2010
Now folks just because there is snow, ice, slush, or even just a wet surface out there it doesnt mean you have to slow down. Make sure you drive like it dry pavement and 80 degrees. Be sure and drive right on the tail of the driver ahead of you! Make sure you take curves just as fast as your car will go. Make sure you wait until you are right in front of a stop sign or light to apply the brakes, oh and make sure you stomp on the brake pedal just as hard as you can.
To those of you with 4WD, that just means you can drive even more daring since ALL your wheels pull. These rules apply even if it is icy. In parking lots make sure you enter and exit like you are driving for the Indy 500.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lafayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News High school scoreboard, May 26 5 hr clodhopper 1
Looking for a quality Chiropractor in Lafayette May 18 Suffering Sally 1
News Indiana cougar sightings to become common (Jul '08) Apr '15 steve 86
Happy ending massage Apr '15 dinger 2
Review: Delux Nails Mar '15 horsegirl1610 1
Metro fitness Mar '15 Boilers 1
Review: Vincent M Guido - Dentist (Aug '14) Feb '15 DrIngridBarillas 92
More from around the web

Lafayette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE