Jeff High School to remain closed Friday

Close to 2,400 Jeff High School students had the day off from school, after a fire Thursday morning filled the basement with smoke. Full Story
lol

Cambridge, MA

#1 Oct 9, 2008
maybe they shouldn't cancel the fire prevention show..haha
Lolwtf

Pearl City, HI

#2 Oct 9, 2008
This is quite possibly the worst writing I have ever forced myself to dredge through.

"He said not much of the air conditioning system is affected, which could be a blessing."

No, it's merely positive.

"We was in the Tecumseh gym and they told us that we don't have to go to school because there's a fire and there's too much smoke," said sophomore Darren Englert.

Nobody could get a quote from someone who can speak English?

"Maybe a little I got to do my biology homework," said freshman Austin Hartz.

Guess not.
Matt East

United States

#3 Oct 9, 2008
im in the 9th grade at jeff this is about the most exciting thing thats happened so far...hah.. anywayz...i always seem to miss the best stuff even when its happening in my own city...last year Barack Obama came to jeff and i missed that...hope he comes back...anyway about the article...it is a blessing though that the air conditioning is working fine...last year the jeff students ended up getting some half days toward the end of the year because the air was messed up...It can get really hot in that school...
EricS

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Oct 9, 2008
Lolwtf wrote:
This is quite possibly the worst writing I have ever forced myself to dredge through.
"He said not much of the air conditioning system is affected, which could be a blessing."
No, it's merely positive.
"We was in the Tecumseh gym and they told us that we don't have to go to school because there's a fire and there's too much smoke," said sophomore Darren Englert.
Nobody could get a quote from someone who can speak English?
"Maybe a little I got to do my biology homework," said freshman Austin Hartz.
Guess not.
I hate to break the bad news to you, but literacy is no longer a requirement to graduate from high school. And from reading some of the "english composition" pieces that have been written by my college student, literacy is no longer a requirement at universities, either. Very poor spelling, even worse vocabulary. Hell, most cannot even tell you the difference between "There", "Their" and "They're". Personally, I was taught those 3 back in early grade school. And I HATED english classes.
Mike

Monticello, IN

#5 Oct 10, 2008
EricS wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to break the bad news to you, but literacy is no longer a requirement to graduate from high school. And from reading some of the "english composition" pieces that have been written by my college student, literacy is no longer a requirement at universities, either. Very poor spelling, even worse vocabulary. Hell, most cannot even tell you the difference between "There", "Their" and "They're". Personally, I was taught those 3 back in early grade school. And I HATED english classes.
I see you hold the righteous high ground on many issues Eric. You might limit the use of profanity, however, it makes you sound ignorant.
Passer by

Lemont, IL

#6 Oct 10, 2008
LOL! The school needs to do better at teaching proper english : "We was in the Tecumseh gym and they told us that we don't have to go to school because there's a fire and there's too much smoke," said sophomore Darren Englert. We was in?! Aparently either the teachers dont do their job, or this kid is just an idiot! ""Maybe a little I got to do my biology homework," said freshman Austin Hartz." I got to? Dont you mean you need to, or still need to complete? SO, im asking the media to either interview inteligant individuals, or get an editor before posting stories.
Because your not helping to prove that the general public is just plain dumb!
Passer by

Lemont, IL

#7 Oct 10, 2008
Matt East. Let me inform you that a proper way to end a statement or a thought is by using a " ." or a " ,". Now those are called a period or a coma. Repeted use of these PUNCUATION MARKS is just silly in your statement. Pay closer attention in school, or rather, try taking summer english or grammer classes. Do America a favor and become educated. Too many people pride them selves on being idiots.
Name

Japan

#8 Oct 10, 2008
(Naturally, the grammar nazi makes more mistakes than the original poster...)
EricS

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Oct 11, 2008
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you hold the righteous high ground on many issues Eric. You might limit the use of profanity, however, it makes you sound ignorant.
Sorry Mike. I hold nothing righteous, but I do have my own (and according to my wife, sometimes warped) opinions on pretty much any subject that has or can come up. As for the use of the word "hell", it's a word. And every so often, I choose to use it for the purpose of getting my point across. Then again, sometimes I use it just because it fits.
colton

Elkhart, IN

#10 Apr 21, 2010
i love school. it is my total favorite thing to do. i know it may seem wrong but its something i love. so kiss me men.(:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lafayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Vincent M Guido - Dentist Dec 23 Chiropractor Centre 78
CPS, Judge Faith Graham, others Torturing Jamel... Dec 17 troy 5
Where is this town? Dec 9 sleuth 4
Shut down hotels/motels Nov '14 JCjc 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Oct '14 freetek 32
Robotic surgery improves hysterectomy (Jan '09) Oct '14 Jaimie 18
guys in lafayette NOT to date Oct '14 Sue 1
Lafayette Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lafayette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lafayette News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lafayette

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?