WL sex offender sentenced

Full story: WLFI Lafayette

A West Lafayette man is sentenced to 38 years in prison for molesting two young boys.
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Sep 12, 2009
mom

Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2009

this man is sick! he needs to be behind bars or even death sentence. these children have to suffer the rest of their lives becaude of this sicko!!
concerned father usa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2009

hey this guy is sick i mean really sick i cant believe how a guy like this can do these kind of things to any kid. This man needs to be sent away for a long time or death sentence these kids have to go on living with the rest of there lives god help the little kids
Lyn Relttas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2009

This is a man that was shaped in his early years by the system. He was placed in Cary Home as a child by CPS where he was molested by people there. He never received the follow up care and councelling that he should have.
are you kidding

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2009

Justice is served.
are you kidding

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2009

Lyn Relttas wrote:
This is a man that was shaped in his early years by the system. He was placed in Cary Home as a child by CPS where he was molested by people there. He never received the follow up care and councelling that he should have.
Thats the CPS they are IDIOTS!
Combat Soldier

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2009

I will bet that if we looked hard enough we would find that this guy was sexually abused himself. In 90% of the cases the molester is acting out what was done to him. In many cases these molesters talk about bring young boys into "the lifestyle".

The courts would be smart to put both victims under court supervision for decades. Otherwise we see them doing the same thing in 10 to 15 years.
Combat Soldier

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2009

Lyn Relttas wrote:
So he might have been molested by that Ledbetter kid whose father pushed the gay rights law on the city of Lafayette?

What you are saying, as I have said, is that most molesters of boys were molested themselves. They seek to relive what was done to them. They work at bringing young boys into the "lifestyle".

If the courts are wise, these two young victims will be placed under court supervision well into their adult years in order to prevent them doing the same thing to the next generation.
sickened

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2009

And the family tradition continues. This young man was also sexually molested as a young child and raised in an environment that did nothing to prevent him from continuing this. All while he was in and out of state custody. Thank you Tippecanoe Child Welfare for helping this young man as a child so well that he and his brother both became the abusers. Great Job!
sickened

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2009

I know for a fact his brother was molested by Ledbetter and is also serving time for child molestation. I do not know whether he was Matt's abuser or not, But I do know that these kids were put in more then 1 abusive home by CPS. These were innocent children removed from 1 abuser and sent by the county and state to live in safe home that turned out to be worse. I do not like what he has done and in no way condone it, but I do feel there are others that need to take responsibility for what happened. Make sure these 2 boys he hurt are properly counseled and followed up on for years to come so they do not carry it forward. Please get these kids help!!!!!!!!!!
are you kidding

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2009

sickened wrote:
And the family tradition continues. This young man was also sexually molested as a young child and raised in an environment that did nothing to prevent him from continuing this. All while he was in and out of state custody. Thank you Tippecanoe Child Welfare for helping this young man as a child so well that he and his brother both became the abusers. Great Job!
Agree Child Welfare, DFC, families united- families divided, these programs do nothing for kids families, wasted tax dollers programs worth cutting job loss these would be worth it to get these dumbees out!
joy of ohio

Orrville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

one of his victims was my grandson who is now scarred for life. how does he get over this?????? he needs to be punished & how little does he get when he tried to have others taken care of when he knew he was guilty hopefully the parole board looks at this when his time comes up. i'm a christian woman & your day of accountability hasn't come up for anything yet HE WILL BE YOUR ONE & ONLY JUDGE
to joy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

I feel your pain because I was there when Matt and his siblings went thru what your grandchild is experiencing and none of them were given the proper treatment, unfortunately I was a teenager and did not have any control over the situation. The government agencies that were to protect them is the 1 that abused them the most. I no what Matt did was wrong and I hope your family gives this child the proper help he needs to assure that he does not continue this by inflicting living hell on another innocent child. for Matt he knew he was wrong, but that does not excuse the system that should have protected him in the 1st place.
Freedom

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

Combat Soldier wrote:
I will bet that if we looked hard enough we would find that this guy was sexually abused himself. In 90% of the cases the molester is acting out what was done to him. In many cases these molesters talk about bring young boys into "the lifestyle".
The courts would be smart to put both victims under court supervision for decades. Otherwise we see them doing the same thing in 10 to 15 years.
How can you suggest that the victims be treated this way. I'm sure you just didn't think that comment through. They should be offered services and assisted in recovering from the trauma. Not monitored and judged by the system. I hope the boys have a strong role model to guide them.
Freedom

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

sickened wrote:
Our Child Welfare system absolutely needs a complete overhaul! This is a good example of how the system itself is perpetuating the abuse cycle. We need a system in place to protect innocent, helpless children from abusive environments, but the one currently running is damaging and counter productive.
SentencePunishme nt

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

he should be punished to learn his lessons

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lafayette Discussions

Search the Lafayette Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Man who threatened to blow up courthouse pleads... Thu N8 the Grrr8 2
Is Lafayette Police Lt. Tom Davidson An Idiot? Jul 22 Bad apples bad cops 3
Indiana officer to keep job after pushing over ... Jul 22 Bad apples bad cops 1
Fourteen police officers receive recognition fo... (Apr '08) Jul 22 Ordinary Person 18
CPS, Judge Faith Graham, others Torturing Jamel... Jul 22 Ordinary Person 2
Indiana cougar sightings to become common (May '08) Jul 13 Ann 127
Review: Creative Solutions Jul 13 DC Creative Solutions 1
•••
•••
•••
Lafayette Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lafayette Jobs

•••