Lawmakers want service dogs at work

There are 7 comments on the WLFI Lafayette story from Mar 15, 2009, titled Lawmakers want service dogs at work. In it, WLFI Lafayette reports that:

District 22 Senator Ron Alting plans to introduce a civil rights bill for the blind this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLFI Lafayette.

Paul Miller

Oakland, MD

#1 Mar 16, 2009
If I am not mistaken, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)- a federal law- already covers the use of all service animals.
Melissa Mitchell

Eugene, OR

#2 Mar 16, 2009
Why is this bill limited to protecting people with visual impairments. Employers disallowing service animals is a problem for all people with disabilities who partner with service dogs to maintain their independence and keep working.
savant

Singapore, Singapore

#3 Mar 16, 2009
Hey whats the difference between a virtual office and real office? Does that mean I own the virtual office too? Is there space allocated?
www.virtualofficespace.com.sg
Bradysdad

Oswego, IL

#4 Mar 16, 2009
The bill covers all service animals. The reporter misinterpreted what was said. Yes, the ADA does cover this situation, but it takes a federal civil rights suit to resolve any conflicts. That takes years and a lot of dollars. Unfortunately, the present Indiana law only covers stores, restaurants, etc., so this law will bring Indiana law up to the level of the federal statute.
are you kidding

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Mar 17, 2009
The Blind is leading the Blind! Who the hell are you kidding!
Bradysdad

Huntington, IN

#6 Mar 17, 2009
I don't even know what that is supposed to mean?
CharlottesMom

New Haven, IN

#7 Mar 17, 2009
Service animals are very valuable to their owner's independence. Passage of such a law will be making strides in the right direction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lafayette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a quality Chiropractor in Lafayette May 18 Suffering Sally 1
News Indiana cougar sightings to become common (Jul '08) Apr '15 steve 86
Happy ending massage Apr '15 dinger 2
Review: Delux Nails Mar '15 horsegirl1610 1
Metro fitness Mar '15 Boilers 1
Review: Vincent M Guido - Dentist (Aug '14) Feb '15 DrIngridBarillas 92
News Gay couple sue to get both names on birth certi... Feb '15 Rick in Kansas 31
More from around the web

Lafayette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]