Anybody try TalkOfTheVillages.com
Rich

Lady Lake, FL

#524 Feb 16, 2014
Too much NAME "dropping" here..no real discussion about TOTV. The Gracie stuff is all the same...alot of general personal attacks that lack substance.
Anonymous

Lady Lake, FL

#525 Feb 16, 2014
Rich wrote:
Too much NAME "dropping" here..no real discussion about TOTV. The Gracie stuff is all the same...alot of general personal attacks that lack substance.
I have seen many posts from her but nothing negative. She is well liked on the site.
Rich

Lady Lake, FL

#526 Feb 16, 2014
Cowbubba wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen many posts from her but nothing negative. She is well liked on the site.
I am sure she is a very nice lady. I am not into discussing PEOPLE....much prefer to stick with what this was supposed to be about...TOTV.....not a critique of the people with names attached...much to catty for me.

Thats ok...to each his own. Tell her I did not mean to offend...just seems petty to me
Anonymous

Lady Lake, FL

#527 Feb 16, 2014
Well, I think it is a wonderful site, just that the median age is over 60, so I don't find a lot in common.
LoriAnn

Anderson, IN

#528 Feb 16, 2014
The amount of information you learn about The Villages from totv is incredible. It's invaluable for people considering buying a home there. My second favorite site for people considering retiring to the villages is the villages daily photo blog spot. It has stunning photos of everyday life in the villages.
Buster Highman

Lady Lake, FL

#529 Feb 16, 2014
TOTV is a most valuable site. At the moment, they are solving the culture threatening pandemic of hat wearing in restaurants.
Rich

Lady Lake, FL

#530 Feb 16, 2014
Buster Highman wrote:
TOTV is a most valuable site. At the moment, they are solving the culture threatening pandemic of hat wearing in restaurants.
Understand...that is exactly the type of forum they want there. They want absolutely no waves.

It is easier to manage and I suppose financially they are ok with all the folks who have or are in the midst of leaving. It is not a place to go for any real discussion...it has become all fluff. Folks on there want it all vanilla......if you disagree with anyone, they consider you some kind of renegade. Folks there want everyone to be the same...think the same.

There is nothing wrong with that because they are pretty open about that so cannot get angry at it.

Problem I have is that awhile back I would be the first to tell folks it was a good place to keep up with what is going on. Recently because the amount of actual residents on there is becoming so minimal. many times the info they pass on is not correct ! There are a HUGE number of folks who do not even live in The Villages, or come for a few months.....I mean a VERY few months to visit.
Kathy

Hollywood, FL

#531 Feb 16, 2014
They are removing posts faster than prople can post. I see a post and, poof, it's gone.
Visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#532 Feb 16, 2014
Cowbubba wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding, right? The next time she posts something snarky, I'll copy and paste it here just for you.
Gracie

Lady Lake, FL

#533 Feb 16, 2014
Visitor

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
2 hrs ago

Cowbubba wrote:

<quoted text>
You're kidding, right? The next time she posts something snarky, I'll copy and paste it here just for you. Unquote.

I will try to be nice. Perhaps you could too?
LoriAnn

Anderson, IN

#534 Feb 17, 2014
Listen Buster! Hats are about as important to discuss as this threads content. Personally, I would appreciate it tremendously if someone would post a snarky gg comment oh here. It would be an IQ boost for the entire forum.
Anonymous

Lady Lake, FL

#535 Feb 17, 2014
I don't post on TOTV but I read it and my take is that they are mostly retirees looking for information and conversation without extreme views on social issues. I see no problem with that. TOTV had a political site a few years back, that had a few extremists that basically controlled the forum thru harassment of any democratic opinions to the point that the owners shut it down. I am more right of center than left, but the handful of extremists that controlled the political forum were embarrassing to the more centered and balanced American understanding of the true America.
Visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#536 Feb 17, 2014
Cowbubba wrote:
I don't post on TOTV but I read it and my take is that they are mostly retirees looking for information and conversation without extreme views on social issues. I see no problem with that. TOTV had a political site a few years back, that had a few extremists that basically controlled the forum thru harassment of any democratic opinions to the point that the owners shut it down. I am more right of center than left, but the handful of extremists that controlled the political forum were embarrassing to the more centered and balanced American understanding of the true America.
Good analysis Cowbubba. It is still an extremely right wing bunch of folks, but the lefties have gotten braver and post from time to time, although they usually are outnumbered.
Art

Ocala, FL

#537 Feb 17, 2014
Please remember this thread was started in 2008. I don't think this many people posting about GG could all be wrong.. Many people have 2 sides. GG can be very nice to some people and a real nasty to others. I also think totv has gotten much better from its early days. As far as politics, TOTV just reflects the Villages. The developer and family try to push the far right agenda but as The Villages get bigger you see more and more Dems moving in.
LoriAnn

Indianapolis, IN

#538 Feb 17, 2014
Are you kidding??? The TOTV political forum was about as tame as it gets for the subject matter. It was akin to disucussion that happens around grandma's sunday dinner table. Go spend a day in a real political forum like republican operative or extreme democracy. Its rediculous to think anyone is "pushing" a far right agenda. How exactly do they do that? And, how do you control a political forum with "harassment". You are obviously choosing to be there ,so, how can you feel harassed. Just leave or stand up and say what you have to say. I've seen lots of great debates between wingnuts, partisians, activist and one belligerent conspiracy therorist. Good Stuff!
Anonymous

Lady Lake, FL

#539 Feb 17, 2014
Interesting. I guess if you like that kind of thing go for it. My real life has enough stress and danger to go looking for fights. Also since I have a compulsion to end fights so if I never start one, I can feel good about finishing them. When it comes to differences of opinion ref religion or politics, I see both sides of these sensitive issues as no win therefore both sides are being argued by validated fools.
Visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#540 Feb 17, 2014
Art wrote:
Please remember this thread was started in 2008. I don't think this many people posting about GG could all be wrong.. Many people have 2 sides. GG can be very nice to some people and a real nasty to others. I also think totv has gotten much better from its early days. As far as politics, TOTV just reflects the Villages. The developer and family try to push the far right agenda but as The Villages get bigger you see more and more Dems moving in.
Exactly. As far as GG, where there's smoke there's fire. And what u say about the developer pushing the right agenda is obviously true. I heard that during the past election he even sent letters to villages employees telling them to contribute to the republican party. There are a lot of moderates and Dems moving in, so the population, while leaning conservative is becoming more balanced. I suppose retirees tend to be more conservative in general anyways.
Buster Highman

Lady Lake, FL

#541 Feb 17, 2014
LoriAnn wrote:
Listen Buster! Hats are about as important to discuss as this threads content. Personally, I would appreciate it tremendously if someone would post a snarky gg comment oh here. It would be an IQ boost for the entire forum.
LoriAnn, my pointing out that posters on TOTV obsess on the trivial does not link me to the personal attacks on an individual. "Snarky?" Interesting word albeit not in common usage. It is one of Gg's favorites, though.

https://www.google.com/search...
Anonymous

Lady Lake, FL

#542 Feb 17, 2014
Many of the Village folks are in their 60's, 70's or more. As long as they are sincere and not disrespectful, I say they have earned the right to voice their opinion without having to justify it to a self appointed monitor. When someone comes back with a different opinion, fine, but to ask a senior citizen for anything further is nothing but baiting for arguments sake. Bad manners in any case.
LoriAnn

Indianapolis, IN

#543 Feb 17, 2014
That was super cute, Buster! Kind of like a "snarky" hall of fame honering a strong, inspiring woman. I found it entertaining. Made me remember why I like gg so well!! I'm refreshed.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lady Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help My Dog Bentley Save His Leg 19 min Lkulp204 1
Atheists in Florida (Oct '14) 2 hr Albert 28
Totv political forum 8 hr Lord Scotchdrinker 125
True Car . COM 14 hr Louigi 4
Great article on why Christianity is going away. May 31 RuffnReddy 2
the villages of Parkwood (Apr '09) May 29 John 265
Responsible dog owners ha ha May 28 Cesar 1
More from around the web

Lady Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE