Leesburg police arrest gunshot victim on attempted murder charge

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

After recovering from a gunshot wound, Randall Hepburn decided to sue his attacker.
Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Sep 5, 2013
eaglecoach04

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

Dumb, Dumb Dumb is as dumb does

Since: May 08

Leesburg Fl

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

What an idiot this guy is!!! Not only is he likely the stupidest crook out there, he's also a convicted child molester, and wife beater from reading his online records with Lake County. He doesn't need to be in jail, he needs to be buried under the jail. Someone needs to pull this guy's card and take him out of the game.
view from a new window

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

Judged:

the movie dumb and dumber comes to mind.
Whatever

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

Judged:

Dumb and greedy!
Newsreader

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

Judged:

Man, Hep........what were you thinking? The shame in all this is that Randy's dad and brother are good people. I went to school with Randall Hepburn and wish this didn't happen. It's a shame. That's two from our team that are locked up for murder now.
BUG

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2008

Judged:

That was real stupid, But worse yet, he was a football coach with the Leesburg pop warner football. Why is such a character allowed to be around children?
COACH

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2008

Judged:

This man coached the pee wee football team along with his father here in Leesburg. I thought that Pop Warner had rules against people like this. What a shame for Pop Warner. You can see all of his prior convictions at the LAKE COUNTY SHERIFFS WEBSITE. Just look under inmate search
WUBBZY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2008

Judged:

That takes a real genius to sue someone that you tried to shoot...and you missed and he shot the heck out of you........PURE GENIUS
ho 2 ho

Port Orange, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

Judged:

Both the estranged wife and randall need to be shipped away. Both are scumbags I feel sorry for their families. They both need to be together. Stupid is as Stupid does.
jamie

Belleview, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

I love how everyone on here can sit here and bad mouth the crap out of someone that don't know and or only went to school with the guy and really don't know the true story about what had happened. If anyone really knew Randall they would know Randall is a good guy just ended up at the wrong place at the wrong time. Again before you people speak neagtivity about a false story the media tried to blow up and make a big deal about look more into it and then put the pieces together and you would know that, the false statements put in there were not true. I was shocked to see how many ppl were able to tlk down about a man they know nothing about. Randall was a very close friend of mine and we spoke on accasion after a few yrs in prison and it is a shame he is were he is after the state couldn't provide any kind of evidance that he was the first to shoot, they couldn't recover any weapon with Randalls finger prints on it and he was the one dropped off at waterman at the emergancy door left for dead. So again you ppl really need to think before you speak out of content. I will always defend this man because he is a dear friend and just like every other human being around he does make mistakes. So ya'll should back off and stop talking shit about a man that can't be here todefend himself.
Factual

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

It's totally unfortunate for all families involved. However, the fact still remain the same. A convicted felon regardless of prior charges( domestic battery, child perv etc.) Bullet shells recovered from the scene belonged to someone other than the husband. Randall just so happened to be the only gunshot victim who was "left for dead" he really has caring friends . His blood recovered from a very dark obscured area. Not genius like! Both had been going to the shooting range(convicted felon) the wife told detectives she didn't know him. However, when his photo was shown to her neighbors they indicated he could be found at the wife's residence, where he(Randall) was also receiving mail. Lets not forget phone records indicated the husband called 911, then his estranged wife, but wifey phone records indicated she had to put Randall on hold to answer her estranged husband. Also, once requested to give a statement to police wifey lawyered up. Sorry Jamie, he took a deal offered from the state, he was facing life. They both deserved to be together. Why not just get a divorce it's easier. Everyone suffered because of stupidity. Remember Randall called and put his self at the scene the husband reported the crime because the shooter was unknown. If Randall was so innocent why wouldn't he disclose who dropped him off at "Waterman, left for dead". GUILTY
Boost

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

A ride to the top for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lady Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lady Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••