Retirement Advisor

Truth Or Consequences, NM

#234 Apr 16, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
You are brilliant, you belong in TV, you dumb prick scum bag mo fo, and she can put her ankles behind her head, we did it last night.
Does Pete like hearing the truth about Florida? Obviously NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Are pesticides out-of-control in buggy swampland Florida? YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Fat Ass

Lady Lake, FL

#235 Apr 17, 2013
Retirement Advisor wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Pete like hearing the truth about Florida? Obviously NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Are pesticides out-of-control in buggy swampland Florida? YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
You're in sandy New Mexico. DRY DRY DRY YES YES YES
Why are you even posting on THE VILLAGES, FLORIDA blog ???
Been here 9 years...no bugs yet.
Spud

North Bay, Canada

#236 May 12, 2013
I cannot believe some of these posts. You don't like it then leave. Expensive? Compared to where. We bought but have not moved there yet. Looking forward to it. Based on some of the posts I've read from those that don?'t like it, hurry up and leave. We don't want your type here anyways. Go away whiners
ex villager

Cape Coral, FL

#237 May 13, 2013
Spud wrote:
I cannot believe some of these posts. You don't like it then leave. Expensive? Compared to where. We bought but have not moved there yet. Looking forward to it. Based on some of the posts I've read from those that don?'t like it, hurry up and leave. We don't want your type here anyways. Go away whiners
It certainly appears appealing at first. I sold after 2 years, it was one step up from the cemetery. The amenities are old, run down, its overly congested, poor construction, sink holes, a corrupt CDD board ( check with IRS). My best advice, dont read these postings, decide for yourself. Give it a year, then go get that home on the MLS quickly.
Another ex villager

Lady Lake, FL

#238 May 13, 2013
It's beautiful but it gets old. Some people love it,some don't. The developer had way too much control of everything and pushes his Republican views through his paper the Sun. We got sick of the congestion in the winter and lack of space with trees. Too many look alike houses on top of each other. We were also sick of being around mainly old people.
After 3 years, we moved and are very glad we did. No more developments of old people for us.
Do a great deal of research before you buy. The Villages always make a great first impression, but it is not for everybody.
Maria

Ocala, FL

#239 May 26, 2013
It's like a stepford wives community.....everyone looks the same. Some very friendly & lovely people. Has a reputation for being fastest growing community of STDs nationwide. I'd check with CDC on that though; could just be nasty rumor. Buyer beware!
Retired

Lady Lake, FL

#240 May 31, 2013
Not for us. We left a villa with a bond of 25 thousand to build a new house in Stonecrest for same money. So much more home, an indoor pool, and green spaces all over. Still go to town squares, restaurants, movies, and polo games. All our neighbors are ex Villagers.
Mark

Yorba Linda, CA

#241 Jun 7, 2013
How expensive is it to live in the Villages. I have done homework and know about the bond issues, etc. I also read that there was just a ruling regarding taxes due on the bonds.
Due to cutbacks and lack of jobs for 61 year olds, looks like I must retire now instead of when it want to, I have heard various reports on the misc. costs to live in the Villages as well as that most residents are very affluent.
Any help would've appreciated.
Thx
Fat Ass

Lady Lake, FL

#242 Jun 7, 2013
Mark wrote:
How expensive is it to live in the Villages. I have done homework and know about the bond issues, etc. I also read that there was just a ruling regarding taxes due on the bonds.
Due to cutbacks and lack of jobs for 61 year olds, looks like I must retire now instead of when it want to, I have heard various reports on the misc. costs to live in the Villages as well as that most residents are very affluent.
Any help would've appreciated.
Thx
Just go to The Villages website and youcan find out everything you need to know. Some houses are selling for under $100,000 Some sell for over $1 million. Most people here are extremely friendly and don't care how much money you have (or don't have).
Linda

Beaverton, OR

#243 Jun 9, 2013
Retiring wrote:
Thanks for the tips! How does the climate of The Villages compare with South Florida?(Miami, Sarasota, etc.)
In my few times exploring southern areas of Florida, I have found the region to be remarkably more humid -- even the plants are more "jungle-like" there. We can have chilly nights in December, which I like as a differentiation of seasons. But the number of times we wear long sleeves and long pants are few.
Linda

Beaverton, OR

#244 Jun 9, 2013
Fat Ass wrote:
<quoted text>
Just go to The Villages website and youcan find out everything you need to know. Some houses are selling for under $100,000 Some sell for over $1 million. Most people here are extremely friendly and don't care how much money you have (or don't have).
I agree. When you are having fun with new friends at a rec center, no one cares if you live in a mobile home or a mansion. We all are there to have fun!
Agree Linda

Lady Lake, FL

#245 Jun 10, 2013
Hot and humid as hell in the summer and most take trips or have another home to get a break form this heat. No one is left on our street in Hadley. Some clubs and activities shut down for the summer and the rest have much smaller attendance.
No thank you

United States

#246 Jun 11, 2013
this was an interesting place to visit however I would never retire there. The newspaper and radio reports no bad news ever. People that may no longer be able to obtain a drivers license drive around 10k golf carts not to golf but to target, cvs, etc... My mom lives here and many of the houses have poor build quality and are essentially trailer homes.
My mom and many of the residents are oblivious to what they bought into and what they are giving up.
Family Care Givers

Korea

#247 Jun 11, 2013
Family Care Givers, Inc. If you are looking for just the right private duty caregiver to serve your loved one or yourself in your home, hospital, assisted living facility or nursing home, you have come to the right place. We are here to help you during challenging times and are committed to doing everything we can to make your life a little easier, and our desire is to treat you or your loved ones they way we would want to be treated. http://familycaregiversinc.com/
Ron

Fishers, IN

#248 Jun 11, 2013
Hey Bernie, we read your comments and wondered where you ended up moving to. We are getting ready to move from Indiana, are considering Florida. We're checking out the Villages ... but your description of your 'other place' sounded pretty nice, too. Where is this place ??? Thanks!

----------
Bernie wrote:
We have lived in the Villages for years. We love the clubs and having everything so near. It is so big that you always find people from your hometown and with your interests. However, we are looking at other places because we wish the homes weren't so close together, with so much traffic and we need an indoor pool. Place we are looking at has a fitness center, indoor pool included in a very low amenity fee which includes your trash pick-up. You get a better built home with a great view for less money.(plus walking trail) The Villages is a good place but not for everybody.
Bernie

Lady Lake, FL

#249 Jun 11, 2013
Ron,
Quite a few all around the Villages to look at: Harbor Hills, Stonecrest, Top of the World. We are buying a in Del Webb Spruce Creek.(Not the one that is just Spruce Creek but the Del Webb.)
If you buy in the Villages, don't buy near fire station, pickle ball courts, sewage treatment plants or near the train tracks.

There are tons of places in Florida to retire. Many of my friends are in Punta Gorda area, nearer beach and warmer weather in winter. Others closer to Orlando because they like shopping, Disney and pro sports.
We are going on a long European cruise so won't be on here so good luck.
anonymous

Red Hook, NY

#250 Jun 14, 2013
Retiring wrote:
Am retiring shortly. Heard that the Villages were the place to retire in Florida! Is this really true? I'm a single male, so I only need a small inexpensive home. What does it actually cost to live in The Villages? Would South Florida be better a better place to go?
I have been to the Villages three times. The place is beautiful. There is a club house in every village with a gym and other activities. There is golf galore. There are three town squares with movie houses, restaurants, and stores galore. There is a major shopping center just outside of Spanish Springs on 441.

Now the down side: FOX radio plays on the streets around the town squares. Don't expect an even handed approach to politics. Politicians from the Left are not invited to speak so you can expect your speakers to be dumbed down like Perry or Bush. Without both sides of a given argument expect your neighbors to be dumbed down too.
Neal

Lady Lake, FL

#251 Jun 14, 2013
Right if you are a Democrat you will not be comfortable here. The Developer has pushed the Republican agenda in the paper, radio, bookstore, and bringing in all Republican politicians. They even threw out the Democrats out of the town square when Gov, Scott had a photo opt as he signed the budget. All you hear is the bashing of the Democrats at cards, the pool, gym etc. There are only 4 rooms with exercise equipment, not a gym in every village. No indoor pool. No real gym such as to play basketball, indoor volleyball etc. You're right, not an intellectual population. Also, almost all white with no minorities.
Greg

Chattanooga, TN

#252 Jun 20, 2013
No Not the best. This area is way too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. Along with all the problems mentioned already.
Fat Ass

Lady Lake, FL

#253 Jun 21, 2013
Greg wrote:
No Not the best. This area is way too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. Along with all the problems mentioned already.
Let's see....100,000 people live in the Villages and they can build more houses fast enough. Yet, a guy from TN says "It's too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter" Which group should I listen to ?
Obviously 100,000 people and growing CAN'T be wrong. It's a wonderful place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lady Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tea party is losing their hold on the Villages ... 1 hr The villager 2 123
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 1 hr stryk 2,984
what night do they (sheriffs offices) bowl in l... 9 hr Dude 4
how are the doctors and hospitals in the villages 9 hr Janie 2
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 16 hr Morrocan 2,140
by foot... by bike... by car... by truck Mon charles 3
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Mon Liberal forever 2,526

Flood Watch for Lake County was issued at September 30 at 3:50AM EDT

Lady Lake Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Lady Lake Jobs

Lady Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lady Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lady Lake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]