2 teens critical after accident on U.S. Highway 27

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Two teens are in critical condition at Orlando Regional Medical Center after a car accident this afternoon.
Comments
21 - 40 of 119 Comments Last updated Sep 13, 2009
Mr Opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Nov 27, 2007
 
A good hearted kid? He was not in school and was driving dangerously and risking the lives of others.

I guess his life was more important than others....
Greg wrote:
For those of you who dont have any sympathy just keep it to your self and respect those who do... respect Ryan... He was a good harted kid and if you dont have anything good to say than just dont say anthing.
Mr Palmer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Nov 27, 2007
 
This is exactly how I taught Ryan to drive..well it paid off, cause his life insurance policy is huge!!

The wife is making more dumb kids right as we speak!
Shawingg.
ted

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Nov 27, 2007
 
Many drivers need extra driving lessons. Check your yellow pages for a driving school near you.They will teach you to wear seat belts and not weave in traffic.We can all improve our driving skills.
taylor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Nov 27, 2007
 
well...i have known ryan for a long times. hung out with him almost every day. he will be missed by many and i really hope kyle makes it through everything. Ryan was a really great guy and doesn't deserve to be disrespected...it was an accident.
i miss you!
♥ your little buddy forever.
Tay..
Kyle you are in my prayers.
just a thought

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Nov 27, 2007
 
OMG this is the most cold hearted bunch of people I have ever seen. He was stupid,maybe not a very good kid but like someone else in the forum said at this age you think you are 10 foot tall and bullet proof. It is tragic for his family. Had he had a chance to grow up he may have been a great person. Either way does the family deserve to hear all this critiziam?
Melinda

Mount Dora, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Nov 27, 2007
 
ummm wrote:
More dumb pfhucks who don't wear their seatbelts. No sympathy here. None.
Are you kidding me?! I didn't know Ryan, but I know those who do. And it really makes me angry to see what people have to say. It would pain you if you saw such things wrote down about someone that you love who has passed away. If your son or daughter was killed in an accident where they too were foolishly not wearing their seatbelt, or weaving in and out traffic, you wouldn't want to see people only sitting there and disrespecting someone they know nothing about. Especially at a time where he should be remembered and cherished. People have no hearts these days.

RIP Ryan Palmer.

All my sympathies to his family and friends.
Johnny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Nov 27, 2007
 
The problem is the poor driving, weaving in and out of traffic, and an inexperienced driver behind the wheel. A lot of teens are terrible drivers because they think they know it all. Driver's Ed isn't even required here which is amazing.

It takes a split second of inattention to lose control and crash a car. You can tell teenagers a million times to be defensive drivers, don't speed, don't tailgate, don't weave, etc. but some of them will never listen. And that's never going to change.

My wife got hit about 10 years ago by some teenager who had the radio blaring and wasn't paying attention and turned right into her. Said she never even saw my wife's car, with my son in the back seat in a car seat. Thank God no one was hurt, but then when the cops showed up she actually tried to say it was my wife's fault when my wife was traveling north on edgewater drive no where near a stop light, and this girl just takes a left turn right in front of her car.

We need to make driver education mandatory. I can't believe it isn't even required. You turn 16, pass a lame written test, drive around a few cones and you're issued a FL dl.

Johnny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Nov 27, 2007
 
just a thought wrote:
OMG this is the most cold hearted bunch of people I have ever seen. He was stupid,maybe not a very good kid but like someone else in the forum said at this age you think you are 10 foot tall and bullet proof. It is tragic for his family. Had he had a chance to grow up he may have been a great person. Either way does the family deserve to hear all this critiziam?
How would you feel if he had killed the 53 year old man and that was your brother? Screw you.
gooodyTWOshoe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Nov 27, 2007
 
taylor wrote:
Ryan was a really great guy and doesn't deserve to be disrespected...it was an accident..
It was not a accident......He "mr great guy" deserved what he got for his actions, "disrespect" you dam right I will disrespect this wanna be superman / race car driver. Its "great guys" like this that killed my innocent friend and one of my family members.
The ONLY ONES I feel for are his Mother, Father, brothers and/or sisters and close family & friends this moron has now hurt with his stupidity!!!!!!!
Johnny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Nov 27, 2007
 
I'll tell you something else. This dumb a** kid might have put you in a wheelchair or a casket. Getting in a car and driving it isn't some kind of game. You are messing with other people's lives and if you drive like an irresponsible idiot you deserve no sympathy. So quit making excuses for the driver. This accident wasn't caused "accidently" it was caused totally by his stupid immature behavior. People need to tell their kids that if their friend is driving like a fool they need to tell them to cool it. This idiot also screwed up his passengers life. Look at Hulk Hogan's son, lucky he didn't get killed but he apparently screwed up his friend good.

CARS AREN'T TOYS, AND WE AREN'T LIVING IN A JAMES DEAN MOVIE. Friggin Idiots.
Mitchell

Saint Cloud, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Nov 27, 2007
 
Neither were** wearing a seatbelt.

RIP Ryan.
Johnny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Nov 27, 2007
 
Melinda wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me?! I didn't know Ryan, but I know those who do. And it really makes me angry to see what people have to say. It would pain you if you saw such things wrote down about someone that you love who has passed away. If your son or daughter was killed in an accident where they too were foolishly not wearing their seatbelt, or weaving in and out traffic, you wouldn't want to see people only sitting there and disrespecting someone they know nothing about. Especially at a time where he should be remembered and cherished. People have no hearts these days.
RIP Ryan Palmer.
All my sympathies to his family and friends.
It would pain me worse if his stupid driving caused the death of someone I loved. If you knew him then maybe you can use this as a lifelong lesson to be a safe and courteous driver.
Johnny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Nov 27, 2007
 
Father Knows Best wrote:
This is what happens when people disregard the Law and do as they please. An automobile is not some video fun machine where you can act like an idiot, drive insane, and endanger the lives of others. Weaving in and out of traffic is a stupid act and we see here exactly what will happen. one person Dead, the other injuried. Families in disbelief mourning, and medical cost skyrocketing, because some careless driver thought he owned the road. And don't give me your crap about how he was a sweet guy and I'm cruel to talk about him. He could have killed an entire family today. You people need to wake up and understand a car is not a toy, hang up the phone, and pay attention to your driving. life is precious, and can end in a blink of an eye. PLEASE, be careful.
Well said!
Jones

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Nov 27, 2007
 
Greg wrote:
For those of you who dont have any sympathy just keep it to your self and respect those who do... respect Ryan... He was a good harted kid and if you dont have anything good to say than just dont say anthing.
Listen dude, if people didn't get angry about stupdity like this from other drivers what is getting accomplished. We are supposed to praise his total lack of regard for others on the road?

I'm just glad I didn't cross paths with him and his asinine driving.

Maybe the school system should be taking advantage of this and showing this to all the young hot shot wannabees in an effort to prevent this from happening more often. It's a totally preventible thing and it's due to a lack of proper driver education. No one should ever be driving a car recklessly. The real tragedy would have been if he had killed the other driver. Get real.
Kiley

Dunnellon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Nov 27, 2007
 
Charles Darwin wrote:
Good riddance to a couple of worthless hillbilly redneck losers!!!
if i ever see this guy i would realy like to slap him... your a p.o.s

the form is realy aggrivating, yeah ryan may of been driving a little crazy and yeah i know he wasent wearing a seatbelt and everything else. he shouldent of been driving perioid. but for god sake show some sympathy people are sitting here saying hes stupid a reckless driver, palmer was probly the best kid i ever knew, he didnt deserve this one bit hes already lost one brother earlyer this year. you people honsestly dont understand what this is like, i know ive read articles just like this one of people i didnt know that have died relating to something like this and i said the same thing, well now i take all that back cause now after seeing this i have sympathy for all those people and their families and heck i probly would of been weaving in and out of traffic too, lady lake/ the villages. town of retiries! they all drive like they screw. its horrible, like i said i probly would of been doing the same thing unfortantly for ryan it didnt turn out to well for him and yeah he wasent wearing a seatbelt, ive seen seatbelts save people like in this case. it might of, but i have seen them also kill people, alot of drivers dont were there seatbelt i have family members that dont were them cause they have seen them kill but like i said show some sympathy, ryan was a very good hearted kid one of the best i had and he did not one bit deseve any of this. One bit....
Rob

Ryde, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Nov 28, 2007
 
Wear the seat belt. I always wear mine and my wife never used to. Until an accident while going to work. Someone pulled out from a side road in a 60mph zone. I had no time to react, guess he never looked. Both cars a right off. I was okay with just whiplash, he had broken pelvis, both legs and an arm broken.
My wife now wears her seatbelt. You may not make a mistake, but someone else just may.
Concerned

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Nov 28, 2007
 
There are no "accidents". They have even changed it on the police and insurance forms. They are now "crashes". It was by his actions that this all took place so no more "accident" talk. RIP!
You Are Dumb

Daleville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Nov 28, 2007
 
Melinda wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me?! I didn't know Ryan, but I know those who do. And it really makes me angry to see what people have to say. It would pain you if you saw such things wrote down about someone that you love who has passed away. If your son or daughter was killed in an accident where they too were foolishly not wearing their seatbelt, or weaving in and out traffic, you wouldn't want to see people only sitting there and disrespecting someone they know nothing about. Especially at a time where he should be remembered and cherished. People have no hearts these days.
RIP Ryan Palmer.
All my sympathies to his family and friends.
Then don't go to the freakin' sentinel forum for sympathy!!!!! MORON!!!
singletary_zero

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Nov 28, 2007
 
Someone forgot to teach responsibility and ensure it was instilled before handing over the keys to that big death machine.
Ted

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Nov 28, 2007
 
I am sure that all of us are in hope of a one car, single fatality crash by You Are Dumb.

This will help the genetic pool not only of Chicago but the entire world..

I have asked that his URL be blocked.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lady Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lady Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lady Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lady Lake
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••