Lake Ralph Hall?
DAB

Laredo, TX

#21 Jul 27, 2008
I own 30 acres that will be at the very bottom of Lake Ralph Hall if it is ever built. I can't seem to find ANY up to date info on the progress of the proposed lake. Oh, by the way-that 30 acres is for sale if anyone is interested!
Dan in NTX

Dallas, TX

#22 Jul 27, 2008
It looks like it will be built. It might be 4-5 years before the UTMWD starts buying the land.Dan
plano tx

United States

#23 Aug 1, 2008
whats goin on whith the lake project,is keepon coming,or now whats the holding,does any body know? anything
dab

Laredo, TX

#24 Aug 3, 2008
It seems like as big of a deal as this is, there would be a website or some other source of information available to the public on the topic of the lake. Everyone who this lake will affect is in limbo and doesn't have a clue of what stage the process is in. Whether it's built or not, I just want the nightmare to end.
steve Ladonia tx

Fort Worth, TX

#25 Mar 23, 2009
Has anyone heard anything new abou this lake? I live on fm 2990 at the edge of the future lake.
plano

Plano, TX

#26 May 20, 2009
oh yeah the lake will be here sooner or later,once they start this project LADONIA's TOWN will be blooming BIG TIME you can count on IT.
DCR

Sweetwater, TX

#27 May 21, 2009
I doubt the general public will be informed of what is going on with the plans for the lake. Is this going to be corp of engineers lake? If so, you might take a look at the Cooper lake. It was started back in the 40's. It was not finished and open until the 90's. I hope noone is planning on having lake front property to build on. There will be a one mile boundary around the lake that is not available for development. They might build a state park. Also, the area that is covered with water, there will be the same amount of land set aside for wildlife. I guess all of this is not bad unless you take into consideration that this land will come off of the tax rolls. If this is a corp lake, the water will be sold and guess who reaps the benefit from that? Don't mean to sound so negative, but don't count on Ladonia getting just a whole lot of benefit out of it.
steve Ladonia tx

Dallas, TX

#28 May 25, 2009
This is NOT a corp lake.
the jack

Dodd City, TX

#29 May 25, 2009
corp lake or not, ladonia will not see much of an economic impact from it.

Since: May 09

Wolfe City, Tx

#30 May 25, 2009
you are right Ladonia will not grow. Maybe they will be able to hire a policeman and clean up this town a little. It is getting bad around here.
plano

Plano, TX

#31 May 26, 2009
why everyone so nagative?if lake or no lake there is any other solution? any comments for Ladonia's town to have better future.

Wolfe City, Tx

#32 May 26, 2009
They said today that mayor hurst is going to retire, maybe change will help shack things up. this town needs a business besides beer stores not everyone drinks and like going into a bussiness like that.
DCR

Sweetwater, TX

#33 May 27, 2009
swright75 wrote:
They said today that mayor hurst is going to retire, maybe change will help shack things up. this town needs a business besides beer stores not everyone drinks and like going into a bussiness like that.
The rodeo is coming up soon. Not everyone likes going to the rodeo, but it is a good draw every year, especially the band after the rodeo. Maybe Ladonia should do like Mesquite and have a rodeo every weekend from April thru September. The more people that are in town, the more opportunity for local business to do well.

Wolfe City, Tx

#34 May 27, 2009
rodeo is good maybe old car rallies, bike shows, livstock shows, any thing to bring people to this town is a start. but real business is also needed. most of the people are good but don't know where to start.
plano

Plano, TX

#35 May 29, 2009
I would say a town square market for farmers and stock trade at list every 2 months,also hay rides for tourists to explore ladonia's town and many more activities can be done.

Wolfe City, Tx

#36 May 30, 2009
That is a good idea. Think leon will have many people for his party? What am i thinking free food there will be plenty. but not me I dont like him or Ralph Hall.
arlington 1st

Plano, TX

#37 May 30, 2009
I'm willing to go,not just for the food,any ways I think is voluntarly coperation wich I think is fair.anyways I would like to know nor meet the new volunteers for LADONIA'S TOWN is great to know some people cares about nice TOWN, also many people likes him some dont,my own opinion he is a great person.

Since: Oct 09

Greenville, TX

#38 Dec 2, 2011
swright75 wrote:
That is a good idea. Think leon will have many people for his party? What am i thinking free food there will be plenty. but not me I dont like him or Ralph Hall.
Now, what could you possibly have against Leon or Ralph Hall? Leon has always shot straight with me and Ralph Hall has helped many poor people that were oppressed in different ways. So, is this something personal or is it something you care to discuss here in this forum? Maybe we need to know what 'you know'... Thanks

Since: Feb 13

Chandigarh, India

#39 Feb 21, 2013
Any tourist area near Lake ralph hall and staying facility
JWS

Cumby, TX

#40 Feb 24, 2013
No

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ladonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 17 District farts 977
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 15 More farts 790
finance Aug 3 sneha 3
sh121 Jul '15 connected citizen 2
jeremy and karen st john Jul '15 chicken 3
wed.night (Nov '12) Jul '15 fyi 9
Thief-Trespasser - Anyboy know who this is? (Jan '15) Jul '15 HGX 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ladonia Mortgages