Judge MacLeod also ordered the young ...

Judge MacLeod also ordered the young man to graduate from high school.

There are 3 comments on the www.citizen.com story from Jan 7, 2010, titled Judge MacLeod also ordered the young man to graduate from high school. . In it, www.citizen.com reports that:

Thursday, January 7, 2010 Some might call it a case of creative sentencing. Recently, Judge Lawrence A. MacLeod Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.citizen.com.

Since: Aug 08

United States

#1 Jan 7, 2010
anyone that thinks people should graduate high school for those reasons (needs to get an education) dropping out of school has nothing to do with drug use. most people that leave school have planned to do so long before high school.these are people with more sense of adventure. they are individualist. and they have common sense
Yankee

Utica, NY

#2 Jan 10, 2010
The judge did an inspired job. I happen to know that this particular kid is very, very intelligent. His father is an absent, deadbeat, tax-dodging drunk. His mother is loving but weak,also a substance abuser.

I also know that you don't get anywhere in today's world without at LEAST a high school diploma.What Judge McLeod has done is give this spoiled brat a loud wake-up call. If Dustin hears and heeds this call, he has a good chance at a decent life. If he does not, it will not be the fault of the legal system. I praise Judge McLeod for his thoughtful and humanitarian judgement in my nephew's case.

"edwardo" is a drooling idiot to suggest otherwise. Reading his post suggests that he himself would have benefitted from Judge McLeon's wisdom. It's not too late, "edwardo". You too can get a high school level education, if you'll only lay off the drugs for a while.

Since: Oct 09

Brunswick, ME

#3 Jan 10, 2010
the problem is most educated people think everybody should be like them. i dont think there is to much difference between an 8th grade education or twelve years. except for the fact if you refuse to learn in them four years you have wasted four years of your life and the valuable time of many others. i knew everything i wanted to do with my life when i was 10 and it did not include high school. school is for people that enjoy school. or what ever they want to do requires school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laconia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Pine Gardens Mobile Homes Sales & Park (Dec '12) 7 hr Belmontian 22
Murder in Campton (Feb '06) Feb 13 Det Columbo 101
News NH Gop votes to pay new chairman; departing cha... Jan 29 Ex Senator Stillb... 1
He is a child molester and has been for DECADES!!! (Oct '08) Oct '16 niki 30
WEZS - Easy Listening Oct '16 Billyt 1
News Arson suspected in Weirs Beach waterslide fire Oct '16 martman4591 1
News Paving work to start on US Route 3/Laconia Bypass Aug '16 martyv 1

Laconia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Laconia Mortgages