created by: Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh | Feb 4, 2013

Buffalo, NY

30 votes

What about BOCES

Click on an option to vote

  • Good
  • Bad
  • Whatever

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

An intellectually challenged neighbor asked me what I knew about BOCES. I don't know much about it, but I heard they have programs so the intellectually disabled can learn how to trim toe nails and change light bulbs at the Ford Plant
good ol days

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well, way back in happier times, when we actually had jobs in WNY, say the early 70's. Schools offered the opportunity to orientate students in trades such as... carpentry, welding, machining, electric, plumbing, auto mechanics, auto body, food service, nursing,... for those who were not going on to college either because of their grades or economic status...And I'd say that yes, it was a successful program, until the Carter Depression hit...Nowadays, obviously any idiot can go on to college...
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

good ol days wrote:
Well, way back in happier times, when we actually had jobs in WNY, say the early 70's. Schools offered the opportunity to orientate students in trades such as... carpentry, welding, machining, electric, plumbing, auto mechanics, auto body, food service, nursing,... for those who were not going on to college either because of their grades or economic status...And I'd say that yes, it was a successful program, until the Carter Depression hit...Nowadays, obviously any idiot can go on to college...
Let's be more specific about the BOCES "nursing" program. BOCES does not educate REAL nurses, they just train LPN's (Let's Pretend Nurse) and Nursing Assistants.

I was at a party one time and made a bet about the fact I have low blood pressure. A BOCES-trained LPN tried to take my BP, but she did not know how to do it. She blamed it on the fact she used the automated cuffs at the nursing home where she worked. She is an idiot
gt a life

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

As previously stated, BOCES, started students, in the direction of a trade, or craft. Nobody graduated high school with a degree in nursing, (or anything else)...one would predict you to throw stones at the less fortunate, and those who did not have the same opportunities as others...
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

gt a life wrote:
As previously stated, BOCES, started students, in the direction of a trade, or craft. Nobody graduated high school with a degree in nursing,(or anything else)...one would predict you to throw stones at the less fortunate, and those who did not have the same opportunities as others...
"Opportunities" ?

Poor people can get NYS TAP grants and Federal loans and grants. I went to UB FREE.

The reason people go to BOCES is because they lack brains
nice try

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Like I said, any idiot can go to college, that does not make anyone any smarter, obviously...

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
"Opportunities" ?
Poor people can get NYS TAP grants and Federal loans and grants. I went to UB FREE.
The reason people go to BOCES is because they lack brains
And YOU begrudge ME for taking $42 in foodstamps.
How much did it cost us hard working taxpayers to send you to U.B. for four years " FREE" ?
And I spent over $200 dollars out of MY pocket helping other people during that Blizzard and got $42 back.
What made you so special that YOU went to U.B. for four years " FREE"?
If you went to U.B. for four years for " free" are you sure your mom and dad didn't get foodstamps during the Blizzard too,
600,000 other people in the Buffalo area did.
Have a nice night
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

nice try wrote:
Like I said, any idiot can go to college, that does not make anyone any smarter, obviously...
You must be one a them people that's don't need no book learnnins
nice try

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

...you show your own ignorance and stupidity just fine...
Dudley PeeRags

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 6, 2013
 
I went to ECC because BOCES woodent except me
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 6, 2013
 
Dudley PeeRags wrote:
I went to ECC because BOCES woodent except me
Maybe you weren't retarded enough to get into BOCES

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lackawanna Discussions

Search the Lackawanna Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 5 min Sham Hannuty 16,776
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 18 min Ha Ha 6,358
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 22 min Ha Ha 6,338
One East Side triple shooting victim in critica... 23 min Life Coachiii 11
Wally just can't: _____ 3 hr Life Coachiii 6
southeast works cover-up (Oct '12) 5 hr Just wondering 265
Fatal Shooting May Be Linked To Phillips Manhunt (Jun '06) 6 hr Spell Check 2,982
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lackawanna Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lackawanna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lackawanna News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lackawanna
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••