WGRZ News - What's the Foul Smell nea...

WGRZ News - What's the Foul Smell near the old Freezer Queen Pl...

There are 8 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Feb 28, 2008, titled WGRZ News - What's the Foul Smell near the old Freezer Queen Pl.... In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

There's concern about a familiar building near Buffalo's Small Boat Harbor. John from Lackawanna sent an e-mail to wgrz.com about the old Freezer Queen plant on Fuhrmann Boulevard.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Water You Waiting For

Hamburg, NY

#1 Feb 28, 2008
Maybe its a bad batch of Cheerios from the GM plant.
125KRD

Lancaster, NY

#2 Feb 29, 2008
They were cited last summer, wow, Buffalo is on thier "A" game. There is something going on with that building, infact that whole stretch of Rte 5 is becoming an eyesore...
Observer

Windham, ME

#3 Feb 29, 2008
are you sure Frank Clark hasn't been in the area?
MIKMAKMOM

Depew, NY

#4 Feb 29, 2008
Observer wrote:
are you sure Frank Clark hasn't been in the area?
lol too funny.
Water You Waiting For

Hamburg, NY

#5 Feb 29, 2008
Amen on parts of Rt. 5 being an eyesore - the windmills and some of the new builds hold hope but, man, some of the other sites/sights are just downright depressing & even smelly too now.
125KRD wrote:
They were cited last summer, wow, Buffalo is on thier "A" game. There is something going on with that building, infact that whole stretch of Rte 5 is becoming an eyesore...
John from Lackawanna

Niagara Falls, NY

#6 Feb 29, 2008
I am the one who wrote in and I know what ammonia and sulphur smell like and that is not what I am smelling. I doubt the ice fisherman would smell it, as it would take a northeastern, which rarely happens around here, to drift the smell towards them, and neither the city of Buffalo nor Freezer Queen is going to admit to anything being in there that shouldn't. There is a smell there, and come summer time with the heat, and I am sure everyone will be smelling it then.
Annie

Windham, ME

#7 Feb 29, 2008
John from Lackawanna wrote:
I am the one who wrote in and I know what ammonia and sulphur smell like and that is not what I am smelling. I doubt the ice fisherman would smell it, as it would take a northeastern, which rarely happens around here, to drift the smell towards them, and neither the city of Buffalo nor Freezer Queen is going to admit to anything being in there that shouldn't. There is a smell there, and come summer time with the heat, and I am sure everyone will be smelling it then.
John fron Lackawanna this City of Buffalo don't admit to any thing unless it's put in their face & then they double talk so it sounds as though they're still in the right & know nothing about it. That's why me & my 2 girlfriends live in Hamburg & only go into the City of Buffalo when absulity necessary such as for Doctor App'ts. When we go over the Skyway we smell the oder as well. When summer comes it'll be worst unless somebody lights a match under someone in that City real fast.
Bob_O

Buffalo, NY

#8 Mar 1, 2008
I think those guys bought that just so they can hold the waterfront hostage just like the NFTA did for all those years by holding up development. Why would you rebuild that into a hotel. When are retards going to realize it is easier and more cost effective to tear down and start over. Although, anyone that has ever wanted to sleep in a meat plant, there ya go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lackawanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Only homosexual men study Library Science 11 hr sweet johnny 20
Math question Wed Left Coast 13
lawyers to fight CPS (Mar '11) Wed Left Coast 21
News What Ever Happened 2? (Apr '08) Jun 20 Poley Wiechec 384
Gay Skype Fun (Aug '15) Jun 20 Barnes-daishaun 4
Are there any cute cops in Walden? Jun 19 Wrong 15
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jun 19 Fitus T Bluster 20,945

Lackawanna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lackawanna Mortgages