South Florida Fair brings livestock, ...

South Florida Fair brings livestock, agriculture fans from arou...

There are 16 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 16, 2009, titled South Florida Fair brings livestock, agriculture fans from arou.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

One hour before she paraded her goats in front of a panel of judges, Mia Herrera gave them manicures and pedicures.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Brandsmart USA Manager

Boynton Beach, FL

#1 Jan 16, 2009
livestock! awesome! i have always wanted to see "Delightful Girl" in person

“MANGLER”

Since: Dec 06

Atlanta, GA / Seattle, WA

#3 Jan 17, 2009
So, lets see by a raising of hands how many people go for the rides or for the livestock?

“MANGLER”

Since: Dec 06

Atlanta, GA / Seattle, WA

#4 Jan 17, 2009
I go so I can stand in line for an hour to pay $60 for a wrist band and an elephant ear so I can then stand in another line for over an hour for a ride operated by a man with fewer teeth than eyes and to have throngs of black family memebers continually cut in front of me.
woody hayes

San Antonio, TX

#5 Jan 17, 2009
Here is your opportunity to see thugs, gangbangers and food stamp recipients all in one place.
Take a taxi to prevent your car from being burglarized and be sure to have your CCW with you at all times.
Have a great time.
DESHAWN WILLIAMS

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Jan 17, 2009
Mangler wrote:
I go so I can stand in line for an hour to pay $60 for a wrist band and an elephant ear so I can then stand in another line for over an hour for a ride operated by a man with fewer teeth than eyes and to have throngs of black family memebers continually cut in front of me.
WE ARE DRIVING DOWN WITH 12 FAMILIES FROM ORLANDO AND WE GONNA HAVE SOME FUN CAUSE THAT FAIR CAUSE MY COUSING WORK THE GATES AND WE DONT PAY FOR NOTHIN SO WE GET THE VIP
outdoors man

Ridgewood, NJ

#7 Jan 17, 2009
Up here the fairs are great. Your guaranteed to see atleast three people you will know and have fun. When I came down to FL for Thanks Giving, we went to the Broward County Fair. Absolutely horrible one white guy with three girls not a good mix for that area. I felt like offering a BSO Officer $100 for the night to bodyguard us. But we took the better choice and left, lol.
DESHAWN WILLIAMS

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Jan 17, 2009
outdoors man wrote:
Up here the fairs are great. Your guaranteed to see atleast three people you will know and have fun. When I came down to FL for Thanks Giving, we went to the Broward County Fair. Absolutely horrible one white guy with three girls not a good mix for that area. I felt like offering a BSO Officer $100 for the night to bodyguard us. But we took the better choice and left, lol.
MY COUSIN WORK THERE TOO AND WE WERE VIP DIDNT PAY FOR NOTHIN AND THERE WAS PLENTY OF BLACK FOLK AROUND. WHITE PEOPLE DONE MESSED UP THE COUNTRY - SO BLACKS GONNA RUN DA SHOW keep prayer strong for your new Black Leader. the white people have messed things up good. Now, Blacks be runnin da show. daily prayer to the Great Black Obama is the answer. you will all take direction from the Great Black President Obama. Let's hope the Great Black Obama changes the national anthem to a Black national anthem.
delray dish

United States

#9 Jan 17, 2009
the fair is a major rip-off! the food is over-priced and over-rated, the admission and parking high and soda will cost you four bucks and a draft beer eight bucks! not too mention you need 5 tickets for one ride, you can spend $200.00 in a few hours at this rate and a bunch of pigs and has-been bands aint gonna make it worth it! and hearing them carnival workers scream and yell for you to spend hard-earned cash on their rigged games where you never win nuthin is the worst!

With this economy and gas prices people losing thier homes and jobs and eating beans and noodles i hope everyone boycotts this fiasco that will put everyone in MORE debt on top of Christmas, besides its so cold noone wants to get sick, or sick on the spicy fried lard food. They should of not had the fair this year, too many people cannot afford it and parents feel terrible they cant bring their kids because of the money, just another way to make parents feel gulity and miserable! we are in a recession or our fair officials blind? they just want to take every damned dime out of our pockets for pigs and eight dollar draft beer! steer clear send them a message, we dont have the money for thier expensive circus!!
delray dish

United States

#10 Jan 17, 2009
the fair is a major rip-off! the food is over-priced and over-rated, the admission and parking high and soda will cost you four bucks and a draft beer eight bucks! not too mention you need 5 tickets for one ride, you can spend $200.00 in a few hours at this rate and a bunch of pigs and has-been bands aint gonna make it worth it! and hearing them carnival workers scream and yell for you to spend hard-earned cash on their rigged games where you never win nuthin is the worst!
With this economy and gas prices people losing thier homes and jobs and eating beans and noodles i hope everyone boycotts this fiasco that will put everyone in MORE debt on top of Christmas, besides its so cold noone wants to get sick, or sick on the spicy fried lard food. They should of not had the fair this year, too many people cannot afford it and parents feel terrible they cant bring their kids because of the money, just another way to make parents feel gulity and miserable! we are in a recession or our fair officials blind? they just want to take every damned dime out of our pockets for pigs and eight dollar draft beer! steer clear send them a message, we dont have the money for thier expensive circus!!
Marsha

Boynton Beach, FL

#11 Jan 17, 2009
delray dish wrote:
its a free country plus its easy to borrow money using your credit card so it shouldnt be problem for most people with credit cards because they can borrow the money and easily afford the fair.
delray dish

United States

#12 Jan 17, 2009
only the braindead and people with no regard for money will attend this fair!
delray dish

United States

#13 Jan 17, 2009
only the braindead and people with no regard for money will attend this money sucking fair!
delray dish

United States

#14 Jan 17, 2009
yes but they have to pay it back with high interest payments and the banks are upping the rates right now, i never use credit cards i pay cash thats how i stay debt free too many people i know went belly-up using credit cards and filed bankrupcty and got sued. credit cards are a scourage and most cannot handle them and we ALL pay for the mistakes. only the brainless will attend this fair unless they are filthy rich!
Marsha

Boynton Beach, FL

#15 Jan 18, 2009
delray dish wrote:
yes but they have to pay it back with high interest payments and the banks are upping the rates right now, i never use credit cards i pay cash thats how i stay debt free too many people i know went belly-up using credit cards and filed bankrupcty and got sued. credit cards are a scourage and most cannot handle them and we ALL pay for the mistakes. only the brainless will attend this fair unless they are filthy rich!
you are clueless. We get credit card offers just about every day and the interest rate is zero. We will be a the fair and you won't. We will have fun and plan to use our credit cards. Have fun at home, grouch.
Steph

United States

#16 Jan 18, 2009
Marsha wrote:
<quoted text>you are clueless. We get credit card offers just about every day and the interest rate is zero. We will be a the fair and you won't. We will have fun and plan to use our credit cards. Have fun at home, grouch.
sorry to agree with the grouch but my family of 3 are not going either. its too much money for a short time. we are not going to Orlando this year either. i have sat my daughter down and explained money is tight we are in a recession and things are very tight and she understands; i also recieve credit card offers i have one i use very sparingly you still have to pay the balance and it adds up very quickly. yes i will miss the fair and the 2 weekend in Orlando but i will not miss the monthly high credit bills nor the worry of how i am going to pay my mortgage electric health insurance and high price groceries and gas going up. have a good time many families cannot go for the reason i cited you are one of the fortunate one's. kids do not have to have everything they ask for that makes for spoiled rotten children who do not learn the value of money. these kids today have way too much with the I-Pods mvp players cell phones etc.... now its time to give parents a break so they can pay the bills.
Narehood Photography

Lehigh Acres, FL

#17 Jan 20, 2009

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Labelle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Specific Care Chiropractic - Jeffrey Pe... (Jul '09) Dec '15 Eric 30
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lehigh Acres, FL (Jul '10) Dec '15 anthofdr 64
Barrett's Militia Army is Falling Apart (Nov '09) Dec '15 Bigdog 8
News 4 women charged in Bonita Springs prostitution ... (Apr '11) Nov '15 tap2217 25
Debate: Marijuana - Labelle, FL (Aug '10) Oct '15 J B 5
News Henninger's defense team prepares for a day in ... (Sep '07) Sep '15 marriedginger 27
Lynette willis (Jul '15) Jul '15 jwondering28 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Labelle Mortgages