Business Briefing - October 27, 2008

Business Briefing - October 27, 2008

There are 1 comment on the The Morning Call story from Oct 27, 2008, titled Business Briefing - October 27, 2008. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Target Corp. , facing slower sales and rising delinquencies in its credit card business, said Thursday it's further tightening finance terms for its card holders -- even those with good standing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

sloane

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Oct 27, 2008
Re: Target - Tightening restrictions on credit seems like a smart move for Target. They are also launching a new advertising campaign that will eat up 3/4 of their marketing budget. Its aim is to fight against the perception that their products cost more than those of Wal-Mart and Kmart (although I don't totally believe it...maybe dirtier, more disorganized stores with frumpier staff spells VALUE to me).
It seems a little crazy to me to spend such a huge portion of a company's advertising budget on one strategy, no matter how reasonable it seems (putting all the eggs in one basket...)- but Dr. Tantillo/the marketing doctor at least seems to think that it's a smart approach.

Tantillo's full post: http://blog.marketingdoctor.tv/2008/10/24/val...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zo's Jul 14 Jmac44 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Nebraska (... (Oct '10) Jul 12 grape vine 53
looking for druid and pagan groups in omaha area (Nov '13) Jul 2 laura sweany 2
Review: Rally Motorsports (Apr '15) Jun '17 Dan 10
News Neb. girl disqualified from soccer game for loo... Jun '17 Wannab Ref 2
News Another mountain lion sighting in Omaha (Jul '15) May '16 Bob 2
News Bellevue Man Charged In Enticement Case (Jul '09) Apr '16 Eleanor Thomas 7

La Vista Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

La Vista Mortgages