Steak Co SUX!
skorbar

Flushing, NY

#1 May 22, 2006
My family and their closest friends visited this restaurant the other evening. My mother personally called the manager to let her know that around 16 people were going to have dinner after a "renewing of the vows" ceremony. The so-called manager was so rude to my mother from the beginning. They thought maybe it would still be an enjoyable evening because of the band, that they still booked the tables. I mean this is a place that everyone knows everyone (obviously all locals - which we are) BUT...even though she made ample enough reservation time, the manager made all the people still wait (she had to show who's the boss...I guess) and were tacked with a 25% gratuity on top of the meal (which is over-priced anyways). 25% does NOT warrant rudeness and a non-accomodating hostess. They have now lost 16 customers and I would hope that anyone reading this review would reconsider if they are thinking of going to this place. La Vernia, Texas is better and much more humble than this "manager"!
NEw Management

Soso, MS

#2 Sep 19, 2008
Hi The Steack Co is being ran by new people, so far i have had very enjoyable dinners there and love the sat nite music. everyone was very nice from the start to end.
The Unknown Comic

San Antonio, TX

#3 Jul 10, 2009
skorbar wrote:
My family and their closest friends visited this restaurant the other evening. My mother personally called the manager to let her know that around 16 people were going to have dinner after a "renewing of the vows" ceremony. The so-called manager was so rude to my mother from the beginning. They thought maybe it would still be an enjoyable evening because of the band, that they still booked the tables. I mean this is a place that everyone knows everyone (obviously all locals - which we are) BUT...even though she made ample enough reservation time, the manager made all the people still wait (she had to show who's the boss...I guess) and were tacked with a 25% gratuity on top of the meal (which is over-priced anyways). 25% does NOT warrant rudeness and a non-accomodating hostess. They have now lost 16 customers and I would hope that anyone reading this review would reconsider if they are thinking of going to this place. La Vernia, Texas is better and much more humble than this "manager"!
Should of went to McDonald's
Will not be returning

United States

#5 Jul 19, 2009
Visited The Steak Co. for breakfast for my husband's birthday. After 35 minutes and no food yet, we noticed that the people around us who had arrived a substantial amount of time after us were being served. We called over our waitress who hurried to the kitchen to check on our order. She returned to say that there had been a mixup and then asked us what we had ordered. We left.
never again

Lexington, TX

#6 Jul 20, 2009
lame menu
bad food
over priced
sticking with "Road House"
Disgusted

United States

#7 Oct 25, 2009
Went for dinner 2 wks ago and left after not even getting our drinks after 30+ min and being told they didn't make the items we were trying to order (which were on the menu). Tried again today for breakfast and after waiting 45 min was told by the waiter that they wouldn't be able to get to us. A dozen or so people had already walked. Noticed on the way out they stop serving breakfast at 10:45 according to their sign, and it was now 10:45!!!! Guess they don't want money. Steak co *used* to be a wonderful place to go. Now it's just a sad disappointment that has lost the trust of many locals. I won't go back either. And I've heard that from many locals that have been going there for years. They better get their act together soon, or they may be closing their doors forever:-((
wesley pipes

San Antonio, TX

#8 Feb 14, 2010
Disgusted wrote:
Went for dinner 2 wks ago and left after not even getting our drinks after 30+ min and being told they didn't make the items we were trying to order (which were on the menu). Tried again today for breakfast and after waiting 45 min was told by the waiter that they wouldn't be able to get to us. A dozen or so people had already walked. Noticed on the way out they stop serving breakfast at 10:45 according to their sign, and it was now 10:45!!!! Guess they don't want money. Steak co *used* to be a wonderful place to go. Now it's just a sad disappointment that has lost the trust of many locals. I won't go back either. And I've heard that from many locals that have been going there for years. They better get their act together soon, or they may be closing their doors forever:-((
They marinate thier steaks in feces,that's why it has a funny taste.
Big boner

San Antonio, TX

#9 Apr 25, 2012
Hahaha Screw u mudaflys da steak company is the best u muthaflys :D
God loves you

San Antonio, TX

#10 Apr 29, 2012
. Found a roach in my soda. The waiter ignored us the whole time. He had a lively conversation with the only other customer in the restaurant. I won't be going back.
el mexicano vergudo

United States

#11 Jan 2, 2013
yea they had roaches in the kitchen :D lmaooo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Vernia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WT F did D C Dave just beg someone to give him ... 27 min DC Dave 5
I David Duke ex Grand Wizard had to let go two ... 47 min DC Dave 20
Donald Trump Makeover 49 min DC Dave 4
Whats with white mike...... 50 min lol lol 36
Ok Raza start hanging your Mexican flag outside... 2 hr DC Dave 75
Desperately Seeking ... (Mar '17) 2 hr DC Dave 15
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) 2 hr DC Dave 8,579

La Vernia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance