Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201877 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#140551 May 9, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ridiculous!!! And very stupid too!
The majority of Americans do not want your sickness! Deal with it!
Saw on CNN just yesterday evening that now 50 of Americans support same-sex marriage.
Plus, once again, YOU don't get to decide on the rights of the minority.

“Accept me for who/what I am.”

Since: May 12

Kernville

#140552 May 9, 2012
This is so not right!!! We should just allow people marry whoever they are happy with? So yea now us, americans, is having have to learn spanish for the mexicans to understand us... well heres what I say... im not racist or anything but they need to learn our freaking language im tired of learning theirs.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#140553 May 9, 2012
a
OBAMA SUPPORTS SAME SEX MARRIAGE!

OBAMA IS FOR MARRIAGE EQUALITY!
OBAMA 2012

“Accept me for who/what I am.”

Since: May 12

Kernville

#140554 May 9, 2012
oh and here's one more thing if you are so against gays' lesbians, and bisexual then go eff urself...

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#140555 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>73% of Americans oppose same sex marriage.
Completely made up statistic. And completely irrelevent even if it were true.
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
In Tennessee, it is 88%.
One can marry one's first cousing in Tennessee, and apparantly the citizens are so stupid there, the state had to write a law prohibiting them from eating road kill. Were you hoping to make a point?
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
New Jersey and North Carolina are further evidences that the beat goes on and the gay lie is over.
The APA revision statement is the knock out punch.
You keep telling yourself that. It seems to give you some sort of comfort.
Kirk Cameron

Atlanta, GA

#140556 May 9, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously!!! They so seem to love wading in it though, don't they?!!
GREAT NEWS!!!! OBAMA STOPS LYING AND ADMITS THAT HE SUPPORTS SAME SEX MARRIAGE.

That is great news, because Obama just lost the Black, Hispanic, conservative, religious, and even Biden support base.
wrty

United States

#140557 May 9, 2012
gross

Location hidden

#140558 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
1. But the new statement, which appears in a brochure called "Answers to Your Questions for a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality," states the following:
"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles...."
2. That contrasts with the APA's statement in 1998: "There is considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality."
Boy, you sure did get the big end of the stupid stick, didn't you lambchop!!!! The two don't contradict each other. Nature IS biology, genetic and hormones. Both statements state that these are likely factors. Dolt.
Kirk Cameron

Atlanta, GA

#140559 May 9, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
F*ck your Christ. He's irrelevant. Feel free to try again.
<quoted text>
You did not post the APA revision, you posted a nut jobs interpretation of it. Two totally different things.
<quoted text>
Ex-gays! LOL!!!!!! That's funny!! You do remember don't you, that the APA that you love to quote from, notes very specifically that there is no proof anywhere of any one converting their sexual orientation, right dear?!!!!! In fact, they also state that attempts to do such a thing is HARMFUL. Funny how you put so much emphasis on what they say, and yet ignore the parts you don't like!!
http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientat...
Why don't you just write "IDIOT" across your forehead and call it a day!!
You are stuck on dumb, your apa link is a 2003 statement.

Here are the exact words from the APA, notice the quotation marks.

This is what the APA says, since you are trying to deflect from it. They have revised their position.

"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles...."

That contrasts with the APA's statement in 1998: "There is considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality."

Actually, funny person, the APA has been friends to the gay community since 1973.

What they said then and what they said in 2003, has nothing to do with what they said recently.

Like you gays say, prior to 1980, homosexuality was listed as a mental disorder by the APA. You discount that, well now you get to discount their 2003 statement.

BY the way, I think it funny, because the APA is all that you have. I am waiting for you all to claim that the APA is a fundie gay bashing group.

Location hidden

#140560 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>Stop whining and lying, we do not have Sharia law, no one is going to sew your butt closed.
This is what the APA says, since you are trying to deflect from it. They have revised their position.
I'm well aware of what the APA states. I'm also well aware that they have not "admitted there is no gay gene" as you stated.
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
That contrasts with the APA's statement in 1998: "There is considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality."
I am sorry if you can not read.
I can read just fine. And unlike you, I can also comprehend.

Please do continue posting your "contrasting" statements!!! Get's funnier every time you do it!! LOL!!
Kirk Cameron

Atlanta, GA

#140561 May 9, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, you sure did get the big end of the stupid stick, didn't you lambchop!!!! The two don't contradict each other. Nature IS biology, genetic and hormones. Both statements state that these are likely factors. Dolt.
Wow, now we will have stupid school for the gay slow.

Let us read slowly.

1, There is no consensus among scientists

2. That contrasts with the APA's statement in 1998: "There is considerable recent evidence

Please read slowly, no consensus among scientists......now read prior statement.....there is considerable recent evidence

Location hidden

#140562 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>We are extremely happy.
We are used to gays not marrying and enjoy the North Carolina and APA decisions.
Now, you on he other hand have issues, which stem from your childhood and issues you can not face.
Oh look! Another fundie that thinks he has super powers of insight into other people's psyche!!!! You people are so funny with all your made up super powers!!!!
Kirk Cameron

Atlanta, GA

#140563 May 9, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely made up statistic. And completely irrelevent even if it were true.
<quoted text>
One can marry one's first cousing in Tennessee, and apparantly the citizens are so stupid there, the state had to write a law prohibiting them from eating road kill. Were you hoping to make a point?
<quoted text>
You keep telling yourself that. It seems to give you some sort of comfort.
Yeah, and they have laws in 44 states saying that you can't marry same sex butt partners, so apparently American citizens are just so stupid and gays so smart. Whites, Blacks, Asians, Jews, women, men, your mom, dad etc. yes all 98-99% of us are stupid.

How stupid of us not to abort a gay child, when we detected that gay gene. Next time give us a signal, before you pop out.
Kirk Cameron

Atlanta, GA

#140564 May 9, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look! Another fundie that thinks he has super powers of insight into other people's psyche!!!! You people are so funny with all your made up super powers!!!!
What is funny is that you think that it requires super powers, when it is so evident in your entire behavior, pathology and dissonance. Take a clue from your pedophile friends, your behavior is revealing of deep childhood issues and abuse. Get therapy, if you can't afford it, then wait because soon it will be covered as a disability.
Kirk Cameron

Atlanta, GA

#140565 May 9, 2012
BORING........MY WORK IS DONE FOR NOW.

Location hidden

#140566 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>APA = American Psychological Assn, which means that they deal with psychological issues of men and women, and one of them is the psycho-sexual disorder of same sex behaviors.
From the APA:
"Is homosexuality a mental disorder:
NO, lesbian, gay, and bisexual orientations are NOT DISORDERS. Research has found no inherent association between any of these sexual orientations and psychopathology. Both heterosexual behavior and HOMOSEXUAL BEHAVIOR ARE NORMAL ASPECTS OF HUMAN SEXUALITY. Both have been documented in many different cultures and historical eras. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to CONCLUDE THAT THESE ORIENTATIONS REPRESENT NORMAL FORMS OF HUMAN EXPERIENCE. LESBIAN, GAY, AND BISEXUAL RELATIONSHIP ARE NORMAL forms of human bonding. Therefore, these mainstream organizations long ago abandoned classifications of homosexuality as a mental disorder."
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
NO where in the APA statement do they ever use the terminologies gay or homosexual people.
The word gay appears 102 times in their statement concerning sexual orienation. Homosexual is used as well. So is bisexual and lesbian.
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, stand on one leg and repeat, "Kirk is way smarter than me", so when in doubt, repeat "Kirk is way smarter than me".
Kirk is an utter moron. Kirk is clueless dipshyt. Kirk is an idiot.

Location hidden

#140567 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>The funny and irony is that where there is a pile of shit, there is always a closet and a gay. But, don't take more word, go look in your closet.
Was that supposed to be English? Sorry, I don't speak Trailer.
Winston Smith

United States

#140568 May 9, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another liberal lie!!!
In the early 1940s, Byrd recruited 150 of his friends and associates to create a new chapter of the Ku Klux Klan.
According to Byrd, a Klan official told him, "You have a talent for leadership, Bob ... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd later recalled, "suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did." Byrd held the titles Kleagle (recruiter) and Exalted Cyclops. When it came time to elect the "Exalted Cyclops", the top officer in the local Klan unit, Byrd won unanimously.[9]
In 1944, Byrd wrote to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore G. Bilbo:[
“ I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.”
— Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944,
In 1946 or 1947, Byrd wrote a letter to a Grand Wizard stating, "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation."
You left off a bit of your wiki quote...

In 1997, Byrd told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also: "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena." In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision—a jejune and immature outlook—seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions." Byrd also said, in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

You can deny all you wish, but the southern democrats were quite conservative and defected to the republican party and shifted it to the more conservative entity it is today. Many were prompted to jump party with the shift towards civil rights for blacks. Both parties have evolved into groups that don't resemble what they once were. You're clinging to the name when the whole species changed. Shouting "liar" does absolutely nothing to bolster your stance. It simply makes you look like the fool that you are.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#140570 May 9, 2012
The Unholy Alliance - Christianity & The NWO
Mar 14, 2002 ... The Council Of National Policy (CNP) Another Moon sponsored organization is the Council of National Policy founded in 1981 by Tim LaHaye,...

http://www.rense.com/general20/unholy.htm - 35k -
rider

Gwinn, MI

#140571 May 9, 2012
Left Behind & LaHaye's Masonic Connections
May 1, 2000 ... Tim LaHaye's Masonic Connections. Left Behind: LaHaye's .... Tim LaHaye was the first president of the CNP in 1981. Numberous other CNP ...

http://watch.pair.com/lahaye.html - 15k - Cached - Similar pages
Council for National Policy
CNP Database of Past/Present Officers & Prominent Members .... elitist Council for National Policy -- namely James Dobson, Tim LaHaye and Phyllis Schlafly,...

http://watch.pair.com/cnp.html - 113k -

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Verne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iran is a backwards country 2 hr Iran failing 1
Allah Akbar 3 hr Killings in Germany 3
Goldline station parking problems 15 hr grave suckers 6
They shoot for fun Sat oops accident 12
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Trojan 32,307
News Plea deal offered in sex case (Jul '10) Jul 18 TruthSeeker 11
News Man shot dead in Glendora (Apr '09) May '16 rounders 662

La Verne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

La Verne Mortgages