20-year La Verne police veteran subject of investigation

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

A 20-year veteran of the La Verne Police Department is being investigated for suspected misappropriation of public funds, La Verne's police chief said Tuesday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of85
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pomona Guy

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Don,

Who is investigating and why were you not informed?
BKs

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

scares you to think on the corruption that really goes on with public servants. they probably forged many felony reports to put away innocent people. took money that was confiscated and many more illegal things. i dont have any faith in law enforcement at all. they are all crooks. its that they have guns, and the trust of all the unaware citizens. what a joke. of course they will sweep this under the carpet because he was a 20 year crook i mean veteran.
Silent Majority

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

BKs wrote:
scares you to think on the corruption that really goes on with public servants. they probably forged many felony reports to put away innocent people. took money that was confiscated and many more illegal things. i dont have any faith in law enforcement at all. they are all crooks. its that they have guns, and the trust of all the unaware citizens. what a joke. of course they will sweep this under the carpet because he was a 20 year crook i mean veteran.
Its lights out BK. Go back to your cell. If you don't like the police don't call them. It is obvious that there is bad apples everywhere in society, but it does not mean everyone is corrupt in that oranization or profession. So if a Walmart employee steals from their employer, would that make all Walmart employees theives. NO!

Your thought process is skewed and you need to think before you type something that just does not make sense and makes blanket statements about an organization or profession. Plus, police departments tell the press about everything now a days (transparency). When is the last time Walmart or any other employer called the press to report a firing or pressing charges on a shoplifter? First of all a company can be sued for telling someone you were fired. Second,there are two standards out there and police seem to obviously have a higher one, as it should be.

I would like to thank you "Police Officers" for all you do for the public. Even for protecting the ones that are too stupid to understand they are being helped.
some guy

Chino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

so what nothing ever happens to these guys. they have a different set of rules than the regular guys. slap him on the wrist and let him collect his 89 thousand a year pension.
SlowDown

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Public service doesn't seem to pay. When you devote 20 years to public safety, and mess up a few time cards, you get blasted in the papers. Support all public officials and servants. Seems lately they are a punching bag. If he messed up some time cards, then let him pay the money back. My guess is there were many hours he put in for our community that he did not log into a time card (like many public employees).
Harpy

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

CORRUPT LITTLE PIGGY!
Throw his azz in the pokey for abusing his position of public trust, I'm so sick of hearing about these POSs.
LMFAO

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Silent Majority wrote:
<quoted text>
Its lights out BK. Go back to your cell. If you don't like the police don't call them. It is obvious that there is bad apples everywhere in society, but it does not mean everyone is corrupt in that oranization or profession. So if a Walmart employee steals from their employer, would that make all Walmart employees theives. NO!
Your thought process is skewed and you need to think before you type something that just does not make sense and makes blanket statements about an organization or profession. Plus, police departments tell the press about everything now a days (transparency). When is the last time Walmart or any other employer called the press to report a firing or pressing charges on a shoplifter? First of all a company can be sued for telling someone you were fired. Second,there are two standards out there and police seem to obviously have a higher one, as it should be.
I would like to thank you "Police Officers" for all you do for the public. Even for protecting the ones that are too stupid to understand they are being helped.
SIDE WALK LAWYER OR GOLF CART MALL CART!!SHUT-UP!
jim s

La Verne, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Mayberry PD on top of it... second LVPD cop fired- same incident. Time for a new COP!!!
The truth

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

It amazes me how quick all of u are to make such biased statements. This officer is my father and has yet to have his opportunity in court. He has served 20 plus years and has DONE NOTHING WRONG. One side of a story and you people jump to conclusions. Very very sad.
BKs

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Silent Majority wrote:
<quoted text>
i think you live in a protected enviroment (your closet) wake up and look at all the corruption everywhere. you obviously dont read as much as you pretend too. i dont call the police which you obviously do, like when someone took your lunch money in school. so get the facts right before you say anything about calling the police. it is much worse what public servant do vs. a citizen, so give me a break. you need to really look at things before you make you weak ass comments. i hope you can get that brown spot off your nose from all that kissing up you obviously do with our so called protectors of society. wake the heck up.
reeeeely

Upland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

BKs wrote:
<quoted text>
i think you live in a protected enviroment (your closet) wake up and look at all the corruption everywhere. you obviously dont read as much as you pretend too. i dont call the police which you obviously do, like when someone took your lunch money in school. so get the facts right before you say anything about calling the police. it is much worse what public servant do vs. a citizen, so give me a break. you need to really look at things before you make you weak **** comments. i hope you can get that brown spot off your nose from all that kissing up you obviously do with our so called protectors of society. wake the heck up.
So no one in your line of work or profession has ever had problems? They are all 100% upstanding citizens? wow, no wonder you are able to bad mouth an entire group of professionals without knowing all the facts.
Sandman

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Cops are crooks and are sosososo shady. There are so many crooked cops they need a division just to police them self's. Do you know how the regular cops treat the IA cops. They cant stand them because they know they are looking to catch them in there crooked investigations, and fake search warrants.
SMITH

Cleveland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

The La Verne City Attorney / City manager / Mayor should consider the FIRING of the so called La Verne CHIEF OF POLICE along with questioning the so called management team in place. There is soo much that happens in our department that is questionable. Our former C.O.P. promoted the now C.O.P. probably because he help build THE FORMER C.O.P.'s HOUSE !!
Was he qualified? are the Lieutenants recently promoted competent? NO!!!!!!!!! that is why our department has problems. Detective De Luca was a result of unjust due process and I hope he and his family is compensated over the result of my opinion of continued LVPD INCOMPETENT MISMANAGEMENT.......
randy l

La Verne, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

LA VERNE CITY MANAGEMENT SHOULD CONSIDER RELINQUISHING THE LA VERNE POLICE DEPT AND CONTRACT WITH A PROFESSIONAL AGENCY LIKE LOS ANGELES COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT AND DEMOTED ALL OF THE INCOMPETENT LVPD MANAGEMENT TEAM. LEE BACA CAN CLEAN HOUSE HE HAS HIGHER STANDARDS !!!!!!!!!!
susanna

Chino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

haha...the D.A.R.E. officer???
T Tooooo

La Verne, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

go laso
Hugh Moore

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

He miss appropriated funds? BFD !!! He was Narco, fk. ITS the worst Police Officer Job ever!

He deals with the low lifes bragging they run superior over his Police Department, they see the prostitutes 'working' for the traffic and the trade. They see the navigation of family lifes destroyed, and they MUST remain neutral, EVEN bad crap too, really bad crap. So, over the course of a "Very Good" career he is suddenly destroyed. Do you know the number of shit things he had to do, in the basement of society? You piss on yourself faking drunk, u punch an innocent, you smoke a hit, ITS about proving legitimacy on the street. I dare anyone to eat dirt and drink piss for just 1 DAY, let alone 20 years. Did he grab some overtime? Every-time he put on his BADGE. From morning to night, from night to morning, with his family, without them, on vacation, at birthdays, every-time he moves, he is working. AND OVERTIME? really, did he not take anything else?
where

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

reeeeely wrote:
<quoted text> So no one in your line of work or profession has ever had problems? They are all 100% upstanding citizens? wow, no wonder you are able to bad mouth an entire group of professionals without knowing all the facts.
Agreed....a lot of people love to bad-mouth the cops, then they come crying to 911 when they need help. Sure, get the bad ones out, but remember to appreciate the majority who work day and night to keep you from getting robbed, shot, molested, or otherwise harmed.
Confused

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

BKs wrote:
you are a fcuking idiot.. go blow urself BJ oh i mean Bk
the old guy

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

His dad would be sooo proud.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of85
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent La Verne Discussions

Search the La Verne Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr Bruno24 15,672
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Fight On 26,099
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 9 hr Blubbering 7,304
Antonin Scalia has problems 10 hr Courting power 6
Glendora foreclosure list (Jul '12) 16 hr Publics 48
An Azusa neighborhood has become a common groun... (Aug '09) 21 hr out of azusa 192
Azusa Police serve narcotics search warrant in ... (Jul '10) Sat NarcoS 21
•••
•••

La Verne News Video

•••
•••

La Verne Jobs

•••
•••
•••

La Verne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE