Sheriff must wait on SRO plan

Jan 11, 2013 Full story: The Daily News Journal

A proposal to staff each Rutherford County school with at least one full-time school resource officer could come to fruition, but it may not be until fall.

Full Story

“standing up for America.”

Since: Feb 09

Joelton

#1 Jan 11, 2013
Nobody cares more about today's kids then me, but I think putting a SRO in every school is a waste of money and resources. I believe we should let the teachers that are trained to carry be able to arm themselves and get paid extra for protecting the kids as well.
It's going to get to a point were medal detectors and armed guards are going to be at the schools and parents are going to be to scared to send them so children will be home schooled. If we start treating schools like prisons then I guess we will have to stop the football games, basketball games, and baseball games as well because we won't be able to control the crowds.
Lets not scare our kids with more visible guns in school, but by letting them know and understand that their teacher is there to teach them and protect them. It's sad because other then your home the two other safest places was school and church but not any more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Vergne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NewsChannel 5.com - Nashville, Tennessee - 18 M... (Mar '08) 14 hr Curious cat 9
Mary Margaret Amos Collier Gorham Mon Warning 1
Yates in smyrna (Mar '11) Mon Agoodguy 1,275
M Wiggins (Jun '14) Mon cant believe 10
racism at stonecrest Jan 23 Tim 1
Riffped off at Stonecrest Hospital (Dec '12) Jan 23 god loves 7
Speedway Jan 22 Loon 1
La Vergne Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

La Vergne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance