Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#8562 Feb 17, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
Bless the American people who stood up for him...I'm not sure that would happen, now!
In the movie "AVATAR" the people greeted each other by saying, "I see you." You "see" me. It doesn't matter what name appears above, you know. What others might see as rambling, and somewhat disjointed, you see and follow. I thank you for that. I have hope, you and others like you give me strength to keep holding on to it. My hope is that when I am dead and gone that there will be one child born to carry on; I may wish for more, but my hope is in that one.

May peace abide as long as it will, and may we all live with honor and nobility and if our lives be forfeit may we give them the same way as all warriors should.

Dramatic? Not really so much given the hour in which we live.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8564 Feb 17, 2013
Done my homework, if it brings you any Peace, I want you to know that I have two Grown Children who know and have an interest in the what happened in this Nation before they were born, including the Vietnam War.
It was required in my House, when they were growing up that, when I wasn't working the Evening Shift, we all sat down together for the evening Meal. We not only discussed their day and issues in their Lives, but we also discussed issues of this Nation, Past and Present. It formed an interest in them, which carried over to TV programs, concerning the same, that we all watched together and they always asked questions and wanted to know more, which usually brought on long discussions. They still have that interest today and they can discuss the Vietnam War, the Protests, and the treatment of our Returning Veterans, as though they were alive and lived through it.
I'm telling you this because I want you to know that not ALL of us, in this Country, have forgotten the Vietnam Vets and what they went through, nor how awful that War was...and some of us have made sure that the Younger Generation knows about it, too...and that they didn't forget any of the Vets of that War, either, nor the Ones who didn't come home! Your Service and your Sacrifice, is remembered and honored!
xyzc12 kat

Vonore, TN

#8565 Feb 17, 2013
What does all of this yah yahing have to do with the original
question,which was about hunting feral hogs.This subject is 3 years old.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#8567 Feb 17, 2013
xyzc12 kat wrote:
It brings you out to remind us what we fought and died for, and the ones we died for. Too bad you just don't get it, but that's your loss.

Location hidden

#8568 Feb 17, 2013
xyzc12 kat wrote:
Do you realize that your Post is a prime example of what KnightLord is talking about...an inability to "think outside the Box"...and if you do, you've been pre-conditioned not to express it or act on it?
The Thread will go back to it's original subject...they always do...but nowhere is it carved in stone that the conversation cannot be veer off into other areas, temporarily, other than wat you have been told and taught is not "supposed" to happen. It could actually be asserted that, it's a back-door way of controlling your thoughts and your Right to Free Speech.
My Generation considered it a valuable way of learning from others' experiences and opinions on many different subjects...and we would listen to it for hours. Furthermore, we ALWAYS learned something from it and we knew we would,,,that's why we listened. Sadly, that isn't done anymore and that may be why we are becoming a Nation of Programmed Robots without any ability to listen, learn, or think for ourselves. The way of learning to do that has been taken from us and doing it on our own, is discouraged, as you have just shown us. Also, as you have just shown us, we must follow every rule and always do as we are told, without giving it any thought, at all. Why? Because it's the Rule! Ask yourself...who made that Rule and why do we have to follow it..and what is the worse that can happen, if we don't? Then, make up your own Mind about whether to follow it or not. That's called, thinking for yourself! I suggest that you practice it, instead of blindly following along, when you don't even know why you're doing it.

Location hidden

#8571 Feb 17, 2013
It's really a shame that you couldn't have been Drafted into the Vietnam War or the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars. You might have come back an entirely different Person and anything would have been an improvement, in your case!
caleb

Asheboro, NC

#8573 Feb 18, 2013
Rights or no rights people will still have guns like they have drugs
KnightLord

Oak Ridge, TN

#8574 Feb 18, 2013
Mississippi Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>It`s too bad that you were not harpooned when they discovered your fatass!
Why don`t you go over there, and i`ll personally send a grenade to you, special delivery.
Rude intolerance. Childish snobbery. Anile inanity.

As nauseating as these traits are, all service men and women seek to protect your right to be so. When you grow up, maybe you'll understand that.
KnightLord

Oak Ridge, TN

#8576 Feb 18, 2013
For those who know the difference between distrust and paranoia, let me encourage you to watch a couple of videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

If you have an hour, and would like to see for yourself that the Gulf of Tonkin was not a one time thing, check out the USS Liberty

Knowing what we lost, and what we stood to loose if Johnson had been successful, how "trusting" would you be?

What's Vietnam got to do with legislating hunting rights? That's up to you and how much you're willing to see, or how much you're not willing to see.
KnightLord

Oak Ridge, TN

#8577 Feb 18, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
It's really a shame that you couldn't have been Drafted into the Vietnam War or the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars. You might have come back an entirely different Person and anything would have been an improvement, in your case!
A song ...

Location hidden

#8578 Feb 18, 2013
KnightLord wrote:
For those who know the difference between distrust and paranoia, let me encourage you to watch a couple of videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =a1n0eVea9ZgXX
If you have an hour, and would like to see for yourself that the Gulf of Tonkin was not a one time thing, check out the USS Liberty
Knowing what we lost, and what we stood to loose if Johnson had been successful, how "trusting" would you be?
What's Vietnam got to do with legislating hunting rights? That's up to you and how much you're willing to see, or how much you're not willing to see.
KnightLord, I watched all of your Links, including the one about the U.S.S. Liberty. I can't really talk about them right now, other than to say that I completely understand why you do not trust our Gov't. and our Presidents and that I think I have been too trusting of some of them. I was never a fan of Johnson's, but I didn't think any President could be capable of that and showing no remorse, at all.
I remember not having a good feeling about Johnson, Nixon, McNamara, Kissinger, and the List goes on. It was a time when we didn't seem to have an honest Person in Washington, including the White House, it's Cabinet, through 2 Presidencies and it only began to improve after Nixon was forced to resign.
Two different Political Partys in the Office of the Presidency and corruption in both of them. All of us , including me, need to remember that!

Location hidden

#8579 Feb 18, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>KnightLord, I watched all of your Links, including the one about the U.S.S. Liberty. I can't really talk about them right now, other than to say that I completely understand why you do not trust our Gov't. and our Presidents and that I think I have been too trusting of some of them. I was never a fan of Johnson's, but I didn't think any President could be capable of that and showing no remorse, at all.
I remember not having a good feeling about Johnson, Nixon, McNamara, Kissinger, and the List goes on. It was a time when we didn't seem to have an honest Person in Washington, including the White House, it's Cabinet, through 2 Presidencies and it only began to improve after Nixon was forced to resign.
Two different Political Partys in the Office of the Presidency and corruption in both of them. All of us , including me, need to remember that!
You are older than rocks and about as intelligent as an entire box of rocks. Congratulations.
KnightLord

Oak Ridge, TN

#8580 Feb 18, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
As you may recall Kissinger said that he is properly positioned to bring in the New World Order, of both Bush and Obama, and it wouldn't surprise me if he said it about both Bush and Clinton too. Where Kissinger and a few others are involved, I would caution extreme caution. Another of my favorite haunts is the Brookings Institute {which puts videos on YouTube fairly often. The tend to be a bit more honest than they intend sometimes, but they don't expect people like me to be listening.
Wonder

United States

#8581 Feb 18, 2013
A song?

Location hidden

#8582 Feb 18, 2013
Big Mac

Luxembourg

#8583 Feb 18, 2013
KnightLord wrote:
<quoted text>
As you may recall Kissinger said that he is properly positioned to bring in the New World Order, of both Bush and Obama, and it wouldn't surprise me if he said it about both Bush and Clinton too. Where Kissinger and a few others are involved, I would caution extreme caution. Another of my favorite haunts is the Brookings Institute {which puts videos on YouTube fairly often. The tend to be a bit more honest than they intend sometimes, but they don't expect people like me to be listening.
you should listen
Will

Jackson, TN

#8584 Feb 18, 2013
Bang

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#8585 Feb 18, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-dKAX7Jp8woXX
right on baby rock roll!

Location hidden

#8586 Feb 18, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-dKAX7Jp8woXX
you go baby!

Chattanooga, TN

#8587 Feb 18, 2013
I have turned over a new leaf. I believe and support the Second Amendment. Period. I publicly apologize for ever being hateful or rude. I was wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Vergne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Target...worse place to work in Smyrna Dec 21 willybagu 2
FirstBank N. Mt. Juliet Road Mt Juliet,TN (Jun '14) Dec 21 jaqueeta lynn 6
medical marijuana Dec 20 needsmaryjane 1
Destiny at thorntons Dec 19 max 2
Misty Cole and Trina Smallwood (May '14) Dec 16 Mmmmm 8
Wrestling Dec 11 Interested 2
Pediactric Doctor in or around Smryna Dec 10 parent 2
La Vergne Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web