Motorcyclist Dies In Police Chase

A Smyrna woman questions the tactics of a state trooper involved in a high-speed police Saturday that killed a motorcyclist and sent her to the hospital. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
DJones

Nashville, TN

#1 Jul 10, 2008
Miss Dye's reaction to this incident is a perfect example of the reason so many people don't take responsibility for their own actions anymore. We don't expect them to. We're always looking for a scape goat. The THP's REACTION to the bad choice that PATTERSON made is not to be blamed for the accident. The mistake was Patterson's...the action by the THP was based on an effort to try and keep an accident like this from happening. Would he have had the accident if he hadn't been running for the THP? We'll never know that. My heart breaks for that young man's family also, but we are always so quick to point the finger at the law enforcement. The bottom line is if Patterson hadn't been driving so wrecklessly, the chase would have never taken place. The THP did what he's been trained to do...what we pay him to do... and that is protect the MAJORITY. Anyone driving 101 on any road in any vehicle is a threat to the majority. I pray his family can find peace because blaming someone else can only bring strife. They don't need that right now.
Wreck

Watertown, TN

#2 Jul 10, 2008
They may say 15 seconds but I would say it was more like 15 minutes or more. R.I.P. Damon Patterson
Kevin

Roseville, CA

#3 Jul 10, 2008
I'm I hearing this right? Your blaming the Trooper for the accident when it was the decision of the M/C Driver to unlawfully evade the trooper for speeding. It's true speed kills! I know one thing, the driver of the M/C even if he is 18 won't speed anymore based upon his willfull actions to evade the trooper instead of stopping as required by state law.
oscar

United States

#4 Jul 11, 2008
If the trooper hade the plate # the chase should never have happened unless he or she knew that a major crime had been commetted by this person. and if the chase only lasted 15 seconds and the way I read it 101 mph exited I 40 and went 1/4 of a mile and the chase ended.
the way I can figure the chase couldn't
have happen in just 15 seconds. REFIGURE
THE TIME or tell the right tail.
Marque

Murfreesboro, TN

#5 Jul 11, 2008
Miss Dye's (blame anyone but the one who started this mess) reaction is ludicrous and irresponsible. Don't blame the officer who is trying to keep reckless idiots of the road, blame the moron who put EVERYONE on the roads lives in danger (for who knows how long) by driving 100+ in traffic. Her's a novel idea for Tasha? and her fiancee, people are responsible for their OWN actions.

It's tragic all the way around, but I thank the officer for trying to keep the roads safe for us.

Since: Mar 08

Smyrna TN

#6 Jul 11, 2008
oscar wrote:
If the trooper hade the plate # the chase should never have happened unless he or she knew that a major crime had been commetted by this person. and if the chase only lasted 15 seconds and the way I read it 101 mph exited I 40 and went 1/4 of a mile and the chase ended.
You are right, in a way. It takes 15 secs to go 1/4 mile at 60 MPH, so at 101 MPH it will take less time than that. That is not even enough time for the trooper to put it in gear and check his clearance before pulling out.
hailey

Nashville, TN

#7 Jul 12, 2008
i knew damon. he was always a trouble maker, but a GOOD kid. he would nevr try to hurt someone && i will miss him.he didnt deserve to die. the police should of just taken his plate number, and straighten the matter out later. but damon shouldnt of been speeding. i feel bad for his mom, a family friend, and i will always be there. thank you so much people for your cares and PLEASE be carefull. just pull over if you see a cop and take the ticket, not your life. R.I.P Damon Patterson. We all love you
JJD

Smithville, TN

#8 Jul 13, 2008
Wreck wrote:
They may say 15 seconds but I would say it was more like 15 minutes or more. R.I.P. Damon Patterson
It lasted approx. 14 sec. He also had been running from the law weeks before & he had a crash in metro & left the scene. Im sorry for the lost but the boy was a time bomb on his bike.
JJD

Smithville, TN

#9 Jul 13, 2008
oscar wrote:
The chase lasted 15 sec. from the time the blue lights came on & the next time you get behind a bike that is speeding that fast & it is dark try to get his tag # stupid.
Kevin

Roseville, CA

#10 Jul 15, 2008
hailey wrote:
i knew damon. he was always a trouble maker, but a GOOD kid. he would nevr try to hurt someone && i will miss him.he didnt deserve to die. the police should of just taken his plate number, and straighten the matter out later. but damon shouldnt of been speeding. i feel bad for his mom, a family friend, and i will always be there. thank you so much people for your cares and PLEASE be carefull. just pull over if you see a cop and take the ticket, not your life. R.I.P Damon Patterson. We all love you
Please think about what you wrote here. "Damon was always a trouble maker, but a good kid". You can't be both it's one or the other, I'm sorry you lost a friend, but please realize that it was his willfull decision to speed and evade the THP. I'm sure you and others feel that he did not deserve to die and that's probably true. Unfortunately when your young, immature and lack common sense the decisions you make causes the end result. It's time everyone takes responsibility for their own actions and demise!
Adrian Huett

Antioch, TN

#11 Jul 16, 2008
i knew damon for six or so years,never thought he would die. a person could'nt have asked for a better friend.damon had a heart and soul made out of solid gold. he may not have had much of a family, but his real faminly,his hommies will never forget him...never.
love you damon
Adrian Huett

Antioch, TN

#12 Jul 16, 2008
all of yall saying bad things about damon patterson deserve what he got. i dont care who you are you dont deserve to die. damon had common since, and ha was not immature.all yall wanting to say he brought it in himself, you didnt know damon. and dont have any sympathy for his heartless mother,she didnt even cry at the funeral.not to mention she had five abortions before him! so dont think you know who your talking about when it comes to damon. only his real friends remember the real damon.
Adrian Huett

Antioch, TN

#13 Jul 16, 2008
Kevin wrote:
I'm I hearing this right? Your blaming the Trooper for the accident when it was the decision of the M/C Driver to unlawfully evade the trooper for speeding. It's true speed kills! I know one thing, the driver of the M/C even if he is 18 won't speed anymore based upon his willfull actions to evade the trooper instead of stopping as required by state law.
you dont know him,you dont live here,you dont know our cops and you dont know our pain!!!!!
so please try to understand.
Adrian Huett

Antioch, TN

#14 Jul 16, 2008
DJones wrote:
Miss Dye's reaction to this incident is a perfect example of the reason so many people don't take responsibility for their own actions anymore. We don't expect them to. We're always looking for a scape goat. The THP's REACTION to the bad choice that PATTERSON made is not to be blamed for the accident. The mistake was Patterson's...the action by the THP was based on an effort to try and keep an accident like this from happening. Would he have had the accident if he hadn't been running for the THP? We'll never know that. My heart breaks for that young man's family also, but we are always so quick to point the finger at the law enforcement. The bottom line is if Patterson hadn't been driving so wrecklessly, the chase would have never taken place. The THP did what he's been trained to do...what we pay him to do... and that is protect the MAJORITY. Anyone driving 101 on any road in any vehicle is a threat to the majority. I pray his family can find peace because blaming someone else can only bring strife. They don't need that right now.
we dont pay our cops to kill our best friends.damon may have been a little careless,but it was the cops fault,i dont care what you or anybody else has to say.not all cops are the same,so dont stick up for them.if you knew damon you never would have said that.
Adrian Huett

Antioch, TN

#15 Jul 16, 2008
JJD wrote:
<quoted text>It lasted approx. 14 sec. He also had been running from the law weeks before & he had a crash in metro & left the scene. Im sorry for the lost but the boy was a time bomb on his bike.
he hadnt crashed into metro.he wasnt running from the law for weeks.he didnt leave the scene,i saw it.he was a awesome motorcyclist and you dont need to talk about damon like that.he's dead,let him rest in peace. plus id really like to know who you are!........ignorant people.
Adrian Huett

Antioch, TN

#16 Jul 16, 2008
Marque wrote:
Miss Dye's (blame anyone but the one who started this mess) reaction is ludicrous and irresponsible. Don't blame the officer who is trying to keep reckless idiots of the road, blame the moron who put EVERYONE on the roads lives in danger (for who knows how long) by driving 100+ in traffic. Her's a novel idea for Tasha? and her fiancee, people are responsible for their OWN actions.
It's tragic all the way around, but I thank the officer for trying to keep the roads safe for us.
you called damon patterson a moron? you dont know him and should'nt talk like that.your comment hurt alot of us who knew him.yeah it was stupid but dont say stuff like that. i hope the officer cant sleep at night.and i hope you cant either!!!! your talking about a kid who was loved by many..........your hurting his friends.
anybody who thinks its alright for a kid to die should rot in hell.....this means you
crazy

AOL

#17 Jul 16, 2008
Adrian Huett wrote:
<quoted text>
you called damon patterson a moron? you dont know him and should'nt talk like that.your comment hurt alot of us who knew him.yeah it was stupid but dont say stuff like that. i hope the officer cant sleep at night.and i hope you cant either!!!! your talking about a kid who was loved by many..........your hurting his friends.
anybody who thinks its alright for a kid to die should rot in hell.....this means you
Ive been waiting for his friends to speak up. Its about time...I knew him before he moved to Mt.Juliet. GIVE EM HELL!!!!!
DAMON- I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU ALWAYS.. FROM:YFLL
Danny

Antioch, TN

#18 Jul 16, 2008
you people are degrading and selfish. I can't believe what i'm reading! Damon cole patterson was my best friend and one of the only people that I can get along with. you selfish people do not have any affection at all .so you can take your opions and shove them up your ass.

r.i.p

general Damon Cole Patterson we will never quit fighting your battle .
SaySay

Antioch, TN

#19 Jul 16, 2008
i dont know where to start even... i was damons girlfriend, he had just proposed weeks before.. my best friend in the entire world, i know everything about him, he was and still is my other half..and u poor excuses for people are SICK. first off, it was no chase.. the cop was NOT ON the interstate, he was at a gas station next to the exit, he wasnt running, he looked back to see where the lights were, the passanger in the car even said he tried to break but had no time. no one was blaming the cops, trust me, if they did his emotionless mother would be suing them instead of the poor woman he hit.. yeah, adrain stated it.. shes heartless.. and if he was tryin to run he wouldve had that little 636 up to 175 plowing thru that car as he went out.. not to mention he wouldnt get off on an exit, it was almost midnite, hed stay on the interstate and come home to me so that lives wouldnt be in danger..i would know bc ive always rode with him.. he was an amazing rider, and whos life is usually in danger when a bike wrecks?..the motorcyclists! you ppl have no right to fkn judge a person uve never met. damon cole patterson was the love of my life, and a good hearted rebel with a soul. model citizen, maybe not, but HE WAS A GREAT PERSON and you have no right to mock or spite him in his death..he already paid for it w/ his life so take ur selfish ignorant opinions somewhere else bc theyre not needed here. u dont know the truth, its all just gossip so let him rest in peace, bc its much deserved after the long battle his short life was. he was strength, and to everyone who loved him was pretty convienced he was inconquerable. i thank God for every moment i had with him, and pray that all ur ignorance teaches u something one day bc we all lose ones we love, and its never well deserved. you people are proof of what our world is coming too... his death effected so many ppl close to him, changed so many lives forever, and broken so many hearts that our lives wont...cant ever be the same.

i love you forever and always Damon, you never treated me with nothing but love and respect and these assholes wont ever know the wonderful person i did, and its their loss.. ill see you again one day baby...

THE GENERAL NEVER DIES.

we will NOT go quietly thru the nite baby, you have an army behind u that will fight for u til we die!

8/29/89-7/5/08.
Rest Easy Baby, ill never forget you.
SaySay

Antioch, TN

#20 Jul 16, 2008
If someone who has a heart reads this true version of the wreck and can help us with our story .please help
general Damon cole patterson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Vergne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 9 min Homewrecker Watch 149,091
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr ucanthandletruth 9,440
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Calhoun 8,640
Yates in smyrna (Mar '11) 7 hr Optimistic 1,257
EEOC Sues Turner Machine Company for Retaliation Mon Steve 2
Corrupt DCS (Mar '12) Sun Snoopy01 38
karaoke Sep 13 intimidator3 3
•••
•••
La Vergne Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

La Vergne Jobs