What's with the Herbal Incense ban?

Posted in the La Porte Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Fake Weed

Pasadena, TX

#1 Nov 26, 2010
What's with the Herbal Incense ban? Wondering if it's legal and possible health hazards.
sara

Hazleton, PA

#2 Dec 13, 2010
i think it should not band it, i think the law and who work for usa should let it be. the shit is not hurtting pepole. i think they doing away with it b/c you can buy it and doing it that way the usa or pa can't get pepole for it. so now they are taken it and this way the state of pa and usa csn make money. but it this way they get no money so they want to band it. what i think is really fu** up!!!!!!!!!!

“I call it like I see it...”

Since: Jan 09

...and I see it like it is!

#3 Dec 13, 2010
sara wrote:
i think it should not band it, i think the law and who work for usa should let it be. the shit is not hurtting pepole. i think they doing away with it b/c you can buy it and doing it that way the usa or pa can't get pepole for it. so now they are taken it and this way the state of pa and usa csn make money. but it this way they get no money so they want to band it. what i think is really fu** up!!!!!!!!!!
?
Challenger

Houston, TX

#4 Dec 13, 2010
sara wrote:
Me thinks you've been hittin' the "Wicked X" a lil too much!
CitizenMad

Pasadena, TX

#5 Dec 14, 2010
Thanks City leaders for passing an ordinance to make criminals out of otherwise law-abiding folks who are just wanting a legal way to relax after a tough week at work...
Arabianhorselove r

Houston, TX

#6 Dec 14, 2010
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
?
This is one of the first times I agree with you Heavy but she didn't make a bit of sense to me. That herbal stuff they burn in the conveniece store just about choke me to death. I can't get out of the store fast enough. Since I stopped smoking about 3 years ago that also chokes me too.

#7 Dec 14, 2010
CitizenMad wrote:
Thanks City leaders for passing an ordinance to make criminals out of otherwise law-abiding folks who are just wanting a legal way to relax after a tough week at work...
They want you to go to the bar, have a drink and run the gauntlet home.

No thanks... I'll stick to Marijuana... lets see them ban that!

#8 Dec 14, 2010
Arabianhorselover wrote:
<quoted text>This is one of the first times I agree with you Heavy
Awww come on!

One of the first?

I've been posting here for two years and THIS-->? Is what you pick to agree with me on?

LOL

I have an incredibly broad spectrum of common sense and worldly knowledge... surely there are tons of things you agree with me on.
east texas

Lufkin, TX

#9 Dec 15, 2010
I think sara should read what she wrote, the grammar is atrocious. Things like this makes me wonder about our education system. Or maybe that incense stuff should be banned.
Yoyoyo

La Porte, TX

#10 Dec 15, 2010
CitizenMad wrote:
The ban has nothing to do with the city. It's a national emergency 1 year ban brought on by the US government. http://www.dosenation.com/listing.php...

#11 Dec 15, 2010
Yoyoyo wrote:
<quoted text>
The ban has nothing to do with the city. It's a national emergency 1 year ban brought on by the US government. http://www.dosenation.com/listing.php...
National emergency?

Like the Swine Flu?

LOL

Give me a break.

What is a National Emergency are prescription medications... do you have any idea how many people die every year from PRESCRIBED medication?

Google it.

I've actually tried herbal incense... it's not that big a deal... Marijuana is certainly better... and better for you no doubt... but the high from herbal smoke is not that big of a deal.

Now Salvia... smoking concentrated salvia... I've done that too... and I'll never do it again.

You can buy Salvia at the same places you buy herbal smoke... and that may be in fact the problem smoking material that the La Porte City Government confused it with.

Every time I've tried it I end up at a train station... there is a locker in front of me... I open it and walk into a different world.

I always find myself desperate to get back... it only last about a minute... it's a strange trip... but not one I want to take again.

#12 Dec 15, 2010
The only thing this ban does is keep it from being sold by stores legally within the city limits.

If you buy it online... or buy it in another city and bring it here and smoke it... it's still legal.

The variety of ingredients in herbal smoke makes it hard to define... and therefore expensive to legislate against.
Yoyoyo

La Porte, TX

#13 Dec 15, 2010
No seriously the shit is getting banned nationally by the DEA for a minimum of a year starting in a week or two. It will be a Schedule 1 controlled substance (JWH-018 and 4 other chemical compounds). With that said, there are plenty of other chemicals out there right now that produce the same high that are not covered in the ban. At the most I would say you will see serenity, spice, and k2 back on shelves with the new "legal ingredients" in a month or so.

Heres a link to the DEA's website if you don't believe me: http://www.justice.gov/dea/pubs/states/la.htm...

#14 Dec 15, 2010
Yoyoyo wrote:
No seriously the shit is getting banned nationally by the DEA for a minimum of a year starting in a week or two. It will be a Schedule 1 controlled substance (JWH-018 and 4 other chemical compounds). With that said, there are plenty of other chemicals out there right now that produce the same high that are not covered in the ban. At the most I would say you will see serenity, spice, and k2 back on shelves with the new "legal ingredients" in a month or so.
Heres a link to the DEA's website if you don't believe me: http://www.justice.gov/dea/pubs/states/la.htm...
It's going to be very expensive to enforce any such ban... and this is not a time we need to be increasing spending.

Every time someone is caught with smoke-able incense... it's going to have to be tested in a lab... the offender booked into jail... officers are going to have to take the time to process paperwork... then you've got the expense of jailing and caring for the person... then you've still got to prosecute them... then you've still got to convict them.

It's just money that does not need to be spent... and resources and valuable jail space wasted on more non-violent criminals... meanwhile it's a revolving door for the real criminals.
east texas

Lufkin, TX

#16 Dec 15, 2010
Heavy, is education the answer? Some of this stuff is truly dangerous. Some we don't know about. There is a legitimate concern, you will have to admit.

#17 Dec 15, 2010
east texas wrote:
Heavy, is education the answer? Some of this stuff is truly dangerous. Some we don't know about. There is a legitimate concern, you will have to admit.
Sure it's a concern... but dangerous?

Are guns not dangerous?

Is jumping out of a plane not dangerous?

Just how far should the Government be allowed to go to protect us from ourselves?

After all... it's THEIR Marijuana laws that created the market for smoke-able incense anyway.

Maybe instead of creating more laws... maybe we ought to be just getting rid of a few old ones.

I don't think we need any more laws limiting our freedoms... they have taken enough of that away already.

#18 Dec 15, 2010
No matter what your views are on drugs... we've come to a point in history where prohibition is no longer an affordable option.

We have to start cutting corners and making ends meet and address our growing national debt.

The incredible waste of resources that is the "War on Drugs" is an excellent place to start.

Allow people to be responsible for their own choices in life... you can't go around holding everyone's hand.

That is what LIBERTY is all about... the FREEDOM to make your OWN choices... for better or for worse.
east texas

Lufkin, TX

#19 Dec 15, 2010
Maybe we should study the Nederlands. I really don't know what the answer is. Do you think a company has to right to require passing a drug test for qualification for employment?

#20 Dec 15, 2010
End the "War on Drugs" and put that money towards health care... dually we have also reached a point in history where no citizen should be denied medical services because they cannot afford it.

#21 Dec 15, 2010
east texas wrote:
Do you think a company has to right to require passing a drug test for qualification for employment?
A company has the right to require you to take any kind of test they feel is necessary for your employment... it's always your right to refuse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Porte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fubar, did you quit the KKK? 4 min fubar 29
Dennis Hastert 5 min red dawn 12
Black people becoming more agressive? 1 hr girl, please 25
San Andreas 1 hr fubar 1
Donald Trump' s Guaranteed Sure Fire Way To Bri... 6 hr red dawn 7
Texas Floods: God's Punishment for Electing Cru... 22 hr Defiant1 21
I am so sorry... (Apr '14) Fri Heavy Fed 68
More from around the web

La Porte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE