Campaign reform

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 29, 2013
We majorly need campaign reform in this country!!

We NEED to take the money out of politics!!

We NEED to get rid of lobbyists!!

We NEED to cut the pay, the perks, the benefits and all the free flowing cash in the form of donations to political campaigns, consulting fees... we need to cut ALL financial incentive to be in politics!!

Only THEN will we get people in office who truly care about the PEOPLE!!!

We need to put EVERY people running for political office on the same level and let them run on their own merits rather than ho much money they have to buy the office!!!

If someone spends LOTS of money getting elected to an office... they are more than probably going to want a return on their investment!!

We should start campaign reform in La Porte... lead the way and let others follow!!

There is no need to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on campaign signs and advertisement!!

We should turn our elections into a yearly festival... maybe even combine them with Sylvan Beach Day... and treat it like we do the beauty pageant!

No need to BUY the office... let each individual make his/her best case, go through an interview process... make a couple days of it... maybe a week... then let the people vote.

No need to generate a bunch of waste to fill the landfills with... that's where most of those expensive corrugated plastic signs end up!

I will NEVER spend $5 for someone to put a sign in their yard to remind them to vote for me!!

We could make the elections pay for themselves... rather than having the city foot the bill every year.

Think about it people.

I've got all kinds of good ideas for the city of La Porte.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#2 Jan 29, 2013
Did you just now figure out that the money needs to come out of politics? Republicans, Democrats, Independants; they all spend hundreds, thousands, or millions; depending on whether or not it's local, state, or federal office. No honest person is going to spend $20,000,000.00 to get elected to a job that pays $100,000.00 a year. But TREAT IT LIKE A BEAUTY PAGENT! you really are an idiot
WTH

Lockhart, TX

#3 Jan 29, 2013
YOU need to move to AUSTIN and camp out on the corners of the Capitol if YOU are really sincere about getting and seeing change done!!

We all know that will never happen though because Topix probably doesn't exist there and Topix is the only way and place YOU can extol all your demands.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#4 Jan 29, 2013
WTH wrote:
YOU need to move to AUSTIN and camp out on the corners of the Capitol if YOU are really sincere about getting and seeing change done!!
We all know that will never happen though because Topix probably doesn't exist there and Topix is the only way and place YOU can extol all your demands.
I am less than four blocks from the state capitol right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Porte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ethnic slur or American idiom? (Nov '11) 1 hr Defiant1 30
If Trump does what he says... 2 hr Defiant1 13
Yeah...SOTUS rules Texas Republicans abortion l... 10 hr Heavy Fed 16
North L 12 hr fubar 10
Coward Republicans Hiding Jun 28 Heavy Fed 30
Let there be water... Jun 28 Heavy Fed 46
OG Mudbone Jun 28 Loraine 1

La Porte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance