Janda vs Zemanek Poll
First Prev
of 30
Next Last
LPWatchdawg

Deer Park, TX

#1 Jan 2, 2010
OK, citizens of La Porte, lets start a candidate discussion here for city council. If my decision is undecided, I tend to lean toward the candidate that wants my vote enough to actually knock on my door, tell me what they are about and ask me for my support. Janda has done just this, haven't heard or seen Zemanek in our neighborhood, yet. What is the consensus among my fellow La Portians?
just sayin

Pasadena, TX

#2 Jan 2, 2010
LPWatchdawg wrote:
OK, citizens of La Porte, lets start a candidate discussion here for city council. If my decision is undecided, I tend to lean toward the candidate that wants my vote enough to actually knock on my door, tell me what they are about and ask me for my support. Janda has done just this, haven't heard or seen Zemanek in our neighborhood, yet. What is the consensus among my fellow La Portians?
Think Zemanek will win based on his lifetime residency. Hopefully he is "hearing" peoples concerns about wasteful spending, etc. and will not turn into "one of them". I haven't heard from either personally. The only local candidate that ever knocked on my door was Peter Griffith when he ran in his young 20's and won.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#3 Jan 2, 2010
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Think Zemanek will win based on his lifetime residency. Hopefully he is "hearing" peoples concerns about wasteful spending, etc. and will not turn into "one of them". I haven't heard from either personally. The only local candidate that ever knocked on my door was Peter Griffith when he ran in his young 20's and won.
I talked with Zemanek at the last City council meeting and also over heard him talking to other people there... he is a nice guy and definitely is not one of THEM.

He is working to upset the balance of power on City Council.
LPresident

La Porte, TX

#4 Jan 2, 2010
zemanek all the way, i talked with him and he is really concerned with all the mess thats going. he really seems to care about whats good for the residents, not his own agenda. seems like the smart choice if you ask me.
Bayfisher

Deer Park, TX

#5 Jan 2, 2010
I have met both of them. Zemanek is a Main Street Business Owner. I think it is a good idea to have someone who has a vested interest in the Main Street projects to be on the council. He also seems very interested in the spending that is going on right now. Don't know much about Janda but I have heard that he was hand selected by other members of the council to run. I am voting Zemanek.
just sayin

Pasadena, TX

#6 Jan 2, 2010
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
I talked with Zemanek at the last City council meeting and also over heard him talking to other people there... he is a nice guy and definitely is not one of THEM.
He is working to upset the balance of power on City Council.
Sorry, I've just seen it happen so many times where I supported people and they became "one of them" every dang time so I have my pessimistic doubts - but with good reason!
intheknow

La Porte, TX

#7 Jan 2, 2010
Bayfisher wrote:
I have met both of them. Zemanek is a Main Street Business Owner. I think it is a good idea to have someone who has a vested interest in the Main Street projects to be on the council. He also seems very interested in the spending that is going on right now. Don't know much about Janda but I have heard that he was hand selected by other members of the council to run. I am voting Zemanek.
zemanek is no longer on main street. he moved down there i think to 16th street. don't quote me this,he moved because all the crap going on with main street. he didn't have a business in what the city wanted?? i will be casting my vote for zemanek. janda is being prepped by john black, alton porter, barry beasly, and that bunch. after hearing that stuff. zemanek for me! he seems real knowledable on the working of the city!
What are you not thinking

Houston, TX

#8 Jan 2, 2010
Zemanek all the way.
concerned citizen

Houston, TX

#9 Jan 2, 2010
I do know I can't vote in the city election because of where I live but his Dad always held a special place in all our hearts. John Paul was one of the nicest men you would have the pleasure to meet. He will do as good a job as his dad and make people proud of the way he does it. Sure wish I could vote for him but since I can't I'll just say " Good Luck Zemanek".
citizen

Dallas, TX

#10 Jan 3, 2010
LPWatchdawg wrote:
Watchdog, Zemanek can't knock on every door. There are over 33,500 citizens in LP. The doors that Janda is knocking on is from a list that both Porter and Beasley provided. Since we don't know your identify, why don't you give Zemanek a call? His number is listed in the phone book. I am sure that he would be more than happy to discuss his views. We all know Janda's views, he is THEIR boy. Finally, as far as turning into one of them, won't happen. He has a backbone to stand up for what is right.
wonderin

Houston, TX

#11 Jan 3, 2010
Zemanek....Citizen is correct. Janda is groomed for the spot by Black, Beasley and Clausen. Is the Bayshore Sun owned by Hartman? Same that own the Baytown Sun? Could really explain why we don't get city hall coverage in the newspaper.
OneDay

Pasadena, TX

#12 Jan 3, 2010
Wow, being that those are right, can't knock on every door and I have come to trust a lot, not all, my fellow posters here, looks like I will be casting for Zemanek!!

Thanks for the info on both my fellow posters.

An honest, "for the people" person in our government? I'm sooo excited!!!
La Porte waters

Pasadena, TX

#13 Jan 3, 2010
Defintely Zemanek!

Janda has clearly gotten the money and blessing of the Power brokers. Janda lacks public speaking ability and knowledge and will do exactly as told to by Black, Beasley, Bottoms, and Clausen. We need to chip away at this structure by getting an idependent person on the Council.
Spread the word. It takes so much effort to get the powers out of the majority.
LPWatchdawg

Deer Park, TX

#14 Jan 3, 2010
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Watchdog, Zemanek can't knock on every door. There are over 33,500 citizens in LP. The doors that Janda is knocking on is from a list that both Porter and Beasley provided. Since we don't know your identify, why don't you give Zemanek a call? His number is listed in the phone book. I am sure that he would be more than happy to discuss his views. We all know Janda's views, he is THEIR boy. Finally, as far as turning into one of them, won't happen. He has a backbone to stand up for what is right.
Citizen, you are correct that to expect each candidate to knock on every door is unrealistic. But, I have met Zemanek and the old saying "you never get a second chance to make a first impression" comes to mind. Then again, maybe I was expecting too much from him...he wasn't running for office at the time. As far as picking up the phone and calling him, I will wait for the next public forum to ask my questions.
inthaknow

Pasadena, TX

#15 Jan 3, 2010
People wake up, its all a song and dance till they get elected...
just sayin

Pasadena, TX

#16 Jan 3, 2010
That is exactky what I've experienced at the local level.....of course they can't make big changes on their own, but still...!
LPWatchdawg

Deer Park, TX

#17 Jan 3, 2010
inthaknow wrote:
Of all the responses, this one rings true most of all! Time and time again, we have all seen it happen from local all the way up the ladder to the federal level. Still, we have the greatest country in the history of the world...isn't it reassuring that we can have these discussions?
OneDay

Pasadena, TX

#18 Jan 3, 2010
inthaknow wrote:
More times than not this happens....but I always remain hopeful that they will hold true once in office.

P.S. I remember proudly voting for Mark White for Governor (80's?) all because he said he was going to lower our electric rates. hahahahaha, that never happened nor was the topic ever mentioned once in office.
citizen

Montgomery, TX

#19 Jan 3, 2010
LPWatchdawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Citizen, you are correct that to expect each candidate to knock on every door is unrealistic. But, I have met Zemanek and the old saying "you never get a second chance to make a first impression" comes to mind. Then again, maybe I was expecting too much from him...he wasn't running for office at the time. As far as picking up the phone and calling him, I will wait for the next public forum to ask my questions.
I am sure that he will impress. Just a reminder, you may stump your guy Janda at the same time.
LaPortians

United States

#20 Jan 4, 2010
Really... do you think some guy that cant make his own son stay out of trouble will have time to keep La Porte out of trouble? Look it up... Zemanek's son was arrested for "something" earlier this year. Janda has my vote, FOR SURE! Zemanek also thinks it is cute to put signs up where he doesnt even ask for permission! He also puts them up in front of Janda's signs! Thanks!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Porte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thankful on thanksgiving 1 hr josh 8
Help Wed Economy Farts 6
OK sick far left commies you will hate these p... Wed Economy Farts 51
homeless people in cars at walmart (Feb '17) Nov 20 Salsa Fart 28
Extra Income Nov 19 red farts 6
lets fight back Nov 14 Big Farts 15
Leslie (Apr '11) Nov 13 Ripping Farts 28

La Porte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance