La Porte baseball
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Laportian

Azle, TX

#1 Jan 5, 2012
I'm wondering how they are going to rig the teams this year?
I wonder too

Houston, TX

#2 Jan 5, 2012
Just watch and see. It's been happening since the beginning of time. It will happen this year and will happen for years to come. Our grandchildren will be talking about it.
Laportian

Azle, TX

#3 Jan 5, 2012
I'm think of Running for mustang commish so I can ensure my team gets the top players and make it to the championship
Joanie

La Porte, TX

#4 Jan 5, 2012
Laportian wrote:
I'm think of Running for mustang commish so I can ensure my team gets the top players and make it to the championship
Well you are a bit late. I believe that position is voted on in May or so.
LPBBA Member

Spring, TX

#5 Jan 9, 2012
Please stop spreading rumours and stating that everything is rigged. Every year there is a team that does good and it is automaticaly believed it was rigged for them. There was a couple of incedents that happened last year but those have been handled and those people are not on the board this year. If you really want to help then by all means join the board, but if you are doing it out of spite then please do not apply. We need people who are for the kids and about spreading a positive message, not about spreading negativity.
okaaayy

Pasadena, TX

#6 Jan 12, 2012
Last year my son was frozen by a manager who claimed he was HER son just to get him on the team! Hope she's gone...
LP Ball

La Porte, TX

#7 Jan 12, 2012
I was just looking over the website to see what time reg. started on 1/14/12 annd I noticed that the opening day Parade is scheduled to be held during Sylvan Beach Day....isnt that at the end of April with the end of baseball around in May? I guess there will be no opening day festivities either? I hope this isnt true and someone put it on the website wrong!
Big Dogs Mom

La Porte, TX

#8 Jan 13, 2012
I can not understand how the board can be so stupid! They dont think about the children they only think about whats easier for themselves! Opening day parade is a tradition and I guess LPBBA does not care of La Porte tradition! All the children will be heart broken over this! LPBBA is slowly taking all the fun out of baseball so what will the children have to look forward too? Why should one of the biggest association in LA PORTE have to cancel / move its open day parade to fit in with some other special city event! I hope parents stand up with us....I would like to know what board members voted to do this but no one can get a copy of the minutes!
NDAngel76

Huffman, TX

#9 Jan 13, 2012
Actually if you read it correctly it states that we will be JOINING the Sylvan Beach parade! I actualy think that's pretty dang special for our kids to be part of. Maybe people should stop trying to make everything negative and read all the information! I think our kids will be super excited to be part of a bigger parade!
Coach Joe

Houston, TX

#10 Jan 13, 2012
I coached for fourteen years in the LPBBA and stayed in the Shetland Division all of those years. Year after year we were accused of having a stacked team. If attending Clydesdale games to look over prospective players, if having five to six coaches attend try-outs, if having meetings at my house to discuss and give opionions regarding incoming players is illegal, then, indeed, I did have a stacked team. I had two other coaches, one of which, including myself, neither of us had a child on the team for ten years. I guess if one were to stack all the above in a pile, our teams were stacked. I cannot address the machinations of other coaches and other teams, but I can adddress the fact that our teams were very competitive and were not stacked. One must have good players and good coaches to be competitive and it is difficult to find a team with both qualities.
BB Mom and BB Aunt

United States

#11 Jan 13, 2012
NDAngel76 wrote:
Actually if you read it correctly it states that we will be JOINING the Sylvan Beach parade! I actualy think that's pretty dang special for our kids to be part of. Maybe people should stop trying to make everything negative and read all the information! I think our kids will be super excited to be part of a bigger parade!
I agree. This last year was the worst. Driving the kids thru back neighborhood streets with no one watching? People coming outside in pjs to see what all the noise is so early on a Saturday. When they can ride their own team float in the city parade with people waving and watching. I think some people just gripe to be seen and heard instead of working for these kids enjoyment. There are so many volunteer jobs that the parents could add to, no one should have time to be negative. The sports teams have always been involved in the city parade except for these last few years. Mine are excited in riding in a real parade.
awesome

Pasadena, TX

#12 Jan 13, 2012
BB Mom and BB Aunt wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. This last year was the worst. Driving the kids thru back neighborhood streets with no one watching? People coming outside in pjs to see what all the noise is so early on a Saturday. When they can ride their own team float in the city parade with people waving and watching. I think some people just gripe to be seen and heard instead of working for these kids enjoyment. There are so many volunteer jobs that the parents could add to, no one should have time to be negative. The sports teams have always been involved in the city parade except for these last few years. Mine are excited in riding in a real parade.
agree! I know they work hard to have so few watch them!
la portian

La Porte, TX

#13 Jan 15, 2012
This league is a WRECK! fall ball very low registration I think it will be the same for spring! There are other leagues people First Baptist Church has one or go to Deer Park or just select. Just stay away from this rig league. just saying.....
just sayin

Pasadena, TX

#14 Jan 15, 2012
if you want to play DP ball, then move there!!!!
Fan

Houston, TX

#15 Jan 16, 2012
Still here. Just moved further down the list.
LP Ball

La Porte, TX

#16 Jan 16, 2012
I think to many parents believe this league is about them and their standing in the community! The league is for the children! I have been around baseball for over 40 years and never have i seen a little league not have an opening day parade! I hope that no one shows up for the event and that the league does poorly on its return players! People always ask why la porte is losing children to select ball....the list of reasons is to long.
iknowcoachjoe

Deer Park, TX

#17 Jan 20, 2012
oh yes coach joe, he did not even waste his freeze on his own grandson, he froze his two freezes and then picked his grandson in the draft.LOL!!
Coach Joe

Houston, TX

#18 Jan 22, 2012
To the Deer Park genius--the rules state that the manager must freeze his/her son/daugher. Laik was not frozen because he was my grandson. If any other coach wanted to draft my grandson, they had the right do so. If he had been a sterling player as you seem to imply, he would not have been there for me to draft in the third round of the five years old. I can only assume that you imply the other thirteen/fourteen other coaches in the draft were so intimated by a short sixty years old grandfather that they were afraid to draft Laik.
Since the draft occured seven years ago in 2005 I can only assume that our team had a great year--I hope your team did also.
iknowcoachjoe

Deer Park, TX

#19 Jan 22, 2012
haha, not that is exactly it, good ole coach joe did not even want to freeze his own grandson. LOL
okaaayy

Pasadena, TX

#20 Jan 22, 2012
Coach Joe, please clarify these rules for me. How did MY son get frozen by a manager who claimed he was her son?? He was not drafted, he was frozen. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Porte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Offends People in Louisana 2 min Defiant1 24
zika coming to Harris County 5 min Defiant1 19
Put lipstck on a pig...still a Republican! 2 hr Defiant1 6
Vote Democrat....What have you got to lose? 2 hr Defiant1 2
democrats gaining strength in Texas 2 hr Defiant1 32
Best teeth this month! 12 hr Heavy Fed 10
Trump Talking Special Prosecutor if Elected 14 hr fubar 18

La Porte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance