La Porte Mom Arrested For Letting Chi...

La Porte Mom Arrested For Letting Child Play Outside

Posted in the La Porte Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mom with bat in hand

La Porte, TX

#1 Sep 15, 2012
CAMERON LANGFORD
Courthouse News Service
Saturday, September 15, 2012

Police falsely arrested a mother for “child endangerment” after a neighbor reported that she had abandoned her children by letting them ride scooters in the street, the mom claims in court.

Tammy Cooper sued her neighbor Shelley Fuller, the city of La Porte Police Department and one unidentified officer, in Federal Court.

La Porte is a city of 33,000 near the Houston Ship Channel in Harris County.

In her complaint, Cooper says she lives on a “quiet, suburban cul de sac” and “often allows her 6- and 9-year-old children to ride their scooters on the street while she watches from a chair in the driveway or through the large windows on the front of her house.”

“On the day of her arrest, Cooper’s children were playing on their scooters in the cul de sac when her neighbor, defendant Shelley Fuller, called the City of La Porte Police Department to report that Cooper had ‘abandoned’ her children,” the complaint states.

Cooper says she told the responding La Porte policeman that she had been home the whole time.

http://www.infowars.com/mom-arrested-for-lett...
Heavy HATER

La Porte, TX

#2 Sep 15, 2012
mom with bat in hand wrote:
CAMERON LANGFORD
Courthouse News Service
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Police falsely arrested a mother for “child endangerment” after a neighbor reported that she had abandoned her children by letting them ride scooters in the street, the mom claims in court.
Tammy Cooper sued her neighbor Shelley Fuller, the city of La Porte Police Department and one unidentified officer, in Federal Court.
La Porte is a city of 33,000 near the Houston Ship Channel in Harris County.
In her complaint, Cooper says she lives on a “quiet, suburban cul de sac” and “often allows her 6- and 9-year-old children to ride their scooters on the street while she watches from a chair in the driveway or through the large windows on the front of her house.”
“On the day of her arrest, Cooper’s children were playing on their scooters in the cul de sac when her neighbor, defendant Shelley Fuller, called the City of La Porte Police Department to report that Cooper had ‘abandoned’ her children,” the complaint states.
Cooper says she told the responding La Porte policeman that she had been home the whole time.
http://www.infowars.com/mom-arrested-for-lett...
All information provided by Ms. Cooper and her mouthpiece attorney Mr. Gertz. I would really love to hear the other side of the story, which I am sure is a more accurate description of what actually happened. I'm sure Ms. Fuller and the arresting officer will have a very different story than the one spun by these two for their own financial gain. I don't belive their BS story and hope they don't get a dime!
leo

Pasadena, TX

#3 Sep 15, 2012
well butt hole i am sure that you know all the facts,please shut your pie hole
Hilarity

Pasadena, TX

#4 Sep 15, 2012
leo wrote:
well butt hole i am sure that you know all the facts,please shut your pie hole
Because calling someone a butthole and telling them to ahut their pie hole are really fantasic arguments... For a 4 year old that is. That just made my day. Thanks fir the laugh!
Hilarity

Pasadena, TX

#5 Sep 15, 2012
***for.
Seriously------

Pasadena, TX

#6 Sep 15, 2012
No charges were upheld. Where is the common sense that we expect LPPD to have in a situation such as this? I hope Mrs. Cooper is able to punitively cause LPPD to establish sufficient training for this and any other jack booted officer inclined to terrorize citizens.
The neighbor, Mrs. Fuller, will eventually be publicly embarrassed for her actions, and she should be!

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#7 Sep 15, 2012
The problems with LPPD, non-arrest in cases that need arrests... and arrests in cases that do not call for one... all stem from a Chief of Police that was imported from El Paso.

Chief Adcox was imported from elsewhere to follow the agenda of the corruption that was flourishing in La Porte when I returned four years ago.

He is a remnant of the Black/Bottoms gang they hired to do things a local individual promoted to Chief would not do.

He needs to find another job.

www.HeavyFed.com
red dawn

Houston, TX

#8 Sep 15, 2012
words of wisdom from a LA PORTE on the run cabinet thief.

Location hidden

#9 Sep 15, 2012
red dawn wrote:
words of wisdom from a LA PORTE on the run cabinet thief.
I'm not running... and I'm not hiding... and I am not a thief.

All I do is fight corruption... and they have been ticketing, suing and filing charges against me for YEARS in an effort to stop me.

All in vain.

I cannot be stopped.

God has my back.

www.HeavyFed.com
red dawn

Houston, TX

#10 Sep 15, 2012
when will you be back in LA PORTE to personally save us.

Location hidden

#11 Sep 15, 2012
red dawn wrote:
when will you be back in LA PORTE to personally save us.
Soon.

Remember Red, many great leaders were persecuted first.

The people in power... always vilify threats to their power.

God and I... are very much threats to the powers that be in La Porte.

Thus for the last four years... I have been persecuted and vilified.

www.HeavyFed.com
red dawn

Houston, TX

#12 Sep 15, 2012
well then hurry back and save us, there is a real secure place prepared for you to stay in. it has free meals and laundry service.

Location hidden

#13 Sep 15, 2012
red dawn wrote:
well then hurry back and save us, there is a real secure place prepared for you to stay in. it has free meals and laundry service.
City Hall has free meals and laundry service?

Wow!

I did not know there were so many perks in City Hall, guess we are going to have to cut all of THAT fat.

I'll make the City of La Porte a lean mean fighting machine!!!

Let's change the world... La Porte first!!

www.HeavyFed.com
red dawn

Houston, TX

#14 Sep 15, 2012
yeah fat boy it is the city hall, come on back and save us. you might get a brief tour of a couple city buildings before being transported to you secure location in houston. probably on franklin street.

Location hidden

#15 Sep 15, 2012
red dawn wrote:
yeah fat boy it is the city hall, come on back and save us. you might get a brief tour of a couple city buildings before being transported to you secure location in houston. probably on franklin street.
You've got an eye opener coming your way.
Duh

United States

#16 Sep 15, 2012
@HARD HATER or whatever

Gee I wonder what side of the fence you are on, and I definitely know it ain't any greener. To you I'm sure it is. You probably love "green" money and think you are SO important doing whatever it is you do. That wouldn't put you in the minority though! Too many of your kind running around...

Who really knows what happened with these people? We weren't there. But if you are doubting the SIGNIFICANCE of this article then I feel sorry for you... For you are either for the people or against them. Can't fool me- I know where you stand... Haha
Geez

La Porte, TX

#17 Sep 17, 2012
Another thread that has turned in The Heavy Fed Show. It really gets old. And I do realize that it's not alway HF that turns that corner. It still gets really old.

Turning back to the original topic:
If this story is as it was reported, Ms. Fuller may see herself needing to relocate due to the embarrassment. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.
SterilizeHumanit y

Saint Charles, IL

#18 Sep 17, 2012
Word.

Location hidden

#19 Sep 17, 2012
Geez wrote:
Another thread that has turned in The Heavy Fed Show.
Soon the whole city of La Porte will be The Heavy Fed Show... and quite the tourist attraction it will become too.

Get used to it.

“Trying to be civil with idiots”

Since: Oct 09

Sarajevo, Bosnia

#20 Sep 17, 2012
Since the 2 parties only live two houses apart on Thornwood, they are setting themselves up for a miserable future.

What i am curious about is if Tammy came out when the cops showed up. If she came running out of the house when the cops showed up, then she was watching her kids. If they had to find her, knock on doors, etc... then she wasnt watching them.

Also wandering how old these kids are?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Porte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
La Porte recent series of burglaries solved. (Feb '11) Aug 17 I needa fart 95
Southern Komfort Kitchen Class Action? Aug 14 Spatula farts 9
Job (Dec '16) Aug 13 More fart info 339
Hildebeast Going Down Aug 13 Posting more farts 6
Elaine still crushing on Fubar Aug 11 Fartbar luncheon 8
review: La Car Porte Aug 10 Fart smell 11
Snider transmission!!! Aug 10 Fart mission 4

La Porte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance