First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Bayby

Tomball, TX

#1 Sep 16, 2010
I was shocked to see Mr. Drake is leaving! Does anyone know why?
LPFAM5

Deer Park, TX

#2 Sep 16, 2010
David has had serious health issues and wants to work with kids again thats what I heard. He is a good man!! The district Super is an ass!!
Graham -Clausen

Pasadena, TX

#3 Sep 16, 2010
Graham and Clausen are awful and have cost the public millions of dollars while destroying the educational values of La Porte. I feel sorry for Mr. Drake, but especially I feel sorry for the teachers and students and taxpayers of La Porte.
Drake Fan

La Porte, TX

#4 Sep 16, 2010
La Porte Isd has let a great man go!
LPFAM5

Deer Park, TX

#5 Sep 16, 2010
He is not the first and will not be the last good one to go. The buildings look nice but at what cost??? The teachers are suffering and if you are not "one of the boys" you are not even acknowledged.
Mad LP Mom

La Porte, TX

#6 Sep 16, 2010
Still no seats. on the bus. he sucks
Not for the kids

Deer Park, TX

#7 Sep 16, 2010
He does not care about your kids its all about the $$$$ and his image. He really does not care about the staff in our schools. The bus situation is sad and it does not look like it matters. Thank god my kids drive but I see the little ones waiting. There is one family in LP that has their own bus. Yes the bus picks up their kids at their home and takes each one to a different school. How do we afford that and why is this happening. Yes they have special needs but their own bus??? Who authorized that? It is bus 61. Maybe they can swing by and pick up your child since that have plenty of empty seats????

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#8 Sep 17, 2010
Mad LP Mom wrote:
I believe by state law each child must be seated on the bus. Maybe you should take your complaint to the state level.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#9 Sep 17, 2010
Not for the kids wrote:
He does not care about your kids its all about the $$$$ and his image. He really does not care about the staff in our schools. The bus situation is sad and it does not look like it matters. Thank god my kids drive but I see the little ones waiting. There is one family in LP that has their own bus. Yes the bus picks up their kids at their home and takes each one to a different school. How do we afford that and why is this happening. Yes they have special needs but their own bus??? Who authorized that? It is bus 61. Maybe they can swing by and pick up your child since that have plenty of empty seats????
Again state law has rules for special needs students. Sounds like that family gets what it needs and what is required by the state. Now just work on the other kids.
My goodness

La Porte, TX

#10 Sep 17, 2010
Not for the kids wrote:
My goodness, this string is for a bunch of jealous self centered people.

So from what I read, you are mad because your kids are not special needs kids and would then get door to door service. Is that what you are saying?

Special needs transportation is much more complicated from a physical and mental standpoint than you think. Go take a ride on that bus and get an education.

Based on what I read, your kids are in the lower half or bottom of the class. Right? Fulfilling a long family tradition.
positive

Pasadena, TX

#11 Sep 17, 2010
Mad LP Mom wrote:
you are awful.
David Drake is one of the finest men I've ever known.
the number of lives he has touched is immeasurable - and he wants to add to that. How many lives have you touched?
positive

Pasadena, TX

#12 Sep 17, 2010
Not for the kids wrote:
You are right - you are NOT for the kids

Since: Jan 10

La Porte, TX

#13 Sep 18, 2010
I think Graham viewed Drake as a threat and forced him out.
LP Proud

La Porte, TX

#14 Sep 18, 2010
Seems to me that you can still be a deputy super and still connect with kids. This story about wanting to be with kids again doesn't make sense. And the health issues? Maybe so, but I would think being an assistant principal at a big high school would be far more stressful than a central office job.
Well

Pasadena, TX

#15 Sep 18, 2010
My guess is Graham is not comfortable with anyone who is not under his direct and complete control.
students first

La Porte, TX

#16 Sep 18, 2010
Well wrote:
My guess is Graham is not comfortable with anyone who is not under his direct and complete control.
You are so right!! Graham is threatened by anyone that he can not control. In fact it seems that he is so parranoid (sp) that he has everything that is googled or emailed with his name or job title in it sent to him so he can see what people are saying about him. Something shaddy there?
Not for the kids

Deer Park, TX

#17 Sep 18, 2010
positive wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right - you are NOT for the kids
I was talking about Graham not Drake. David is a great man and will be missed. Graham needs to go!!
Well

Pasadena, TX

#18 Sep 19, 2010
students first wrote:
<quoted text>You are so right!! Graham is threatened by anyone that he can not control. In fact it seems that he is so parranoid (sp) that he has everything that is googled or emailed with his name or job title in it sent to him so he can see what people are saying about him. Something shaddy there?
Well, Lloyd Graham, if you are reading this, please be assured that you are the worst School Superintendent in the entire area. Worst in terms of dedication to education of children, worst in terms of diversity of opinion and background, worst in terms of fiscal responsibility and worst in terms of support for teachers. Graham should never have been hired. He was a failure at his previous job, too.

Lloyd, you should be able to retire comfortably on all the money that has flowed to you with these building campaigns you initiated. Please GO!
LLoyd is Good

La Porte, TX

#19 Sep 19, 2010
You could not be farther from the truth. Again, get your facts straight. Lloyd was not here during the 2005 bond campaign. He was hired to make sure it was done right.

You can argue with the number of buildings,(previous administration - Dr Say)but not on the execution. Graham was handed this bond program, which the public approved by a 78% marging.(You must have been in the 22% loser category.)

It is not easy to get these bond programs passed, but it is even harder to get them accomplished within budget and on schedule. This is the first bond program in over 20 years to get done on time and within budget.

Graham is also a reformer. He is getting rid of low performers. Generally well liked means low performance. From this blog, is seems that Lloyd is doing just fine.
KellyM

La Porte, TX

#20 Sep 19, 2010
LLoyd is Good wrote:
You could not be farther from the truth. Again, get your facts straight. Lloyd was not here during the 2005 bond campaign. He was hired to make sure it was done right.
You can argue with the number of buildings,(previous administration - Dr Say)but not on the execution. Graham was handed this bond program, which the public approved by a 78% marging.(You must have been in the 22% loser category.)
It is not easy to get these bond programs passed, but it is even harder to get them accomplished within budget and on schedule. This is the first bond program in over 20 years to get done on time and within budget.
Graham is also a reformer. He is getting rid of low performers. Generally well liked means low performance. From this blog, is seems that Lloyd is doing just fine.
Yes-after all, he did get rid of John Adame!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Porte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Cuts Food Stamps 1 hr Defiant1 17
Oklahoma trying to pass SHARIA Type Law 1 hr Defiant1 11
Here we go again - Briscoe Cain 1 hr Defiant1 9
covington's auto in laporte are scammers (Jun '12) Mon red dawn 55
Atheism: (Jan '12) May 22 Defiant1 36
Fed Lawn Shatter May 21 Defiant1 8
(your) president May 21 Defiant1 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

La Porte Mortgages