Elaine

Houston, TX

#21 Feb 16, 2013
GOTP wrote:
Have you seen it? Ted Cruz is now the new Joe McCarthy in the Senate.There is an Iranian sympathizer behind every tree. Run get your gun.
Thank God! We need Joe right now!

Goat, you seem to think that Iran is not behind the terrorism and enslavement of women in the Muslim world. Where is your brain?
GOTP

Pasadena, TX

#22 Feb 17, 2013
Well, I consider the source of the above comment.

Cruz just voted against the Violence Against Women Act. He has more in common with Iran than Hagle.

The war on Women continues, but, Elaine, that does evidently not apply to you.
Pinche Gringo

United States

#23 Feb 17, 2013
GOTP wrote:
Well, I consider the source of the above comment.

Cruz just voted against the Violence Against Women Act. He has more in common with Iran than Hagle.

The war on Women continues, but, Elaine, that does evidently not apply to you.
WHY did he and other Senators vote against the act? Can you discuss the provisions that they were opposed to and offer up your expert opinion as to the constitutionality of those provisions? Don't think you can. It's easier to just throw "war on women" out there and hope that's credible enough.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#24 Feb 18, 2013
I must say that George W. Bush and Rick Perry are both Republicans and if their combined intelligence were dynamite I wouldn't be enough to blow your nose. Cruz is nothing more than a liar and trouble maker out to make a name for himself. Can you say EGO TRIP?
Hubris

Pasadena, TX

#25 Feb 18, 2013
Tonight at 10:00pm on MSNBC
La Porte2

Pasadena, TX

#26 Feb 18, 2013
Texan wrote:
I must say that George W. Bush and Rick Perry are both Republicans and if their combined intelligence were dynamite I wouldn't be enough to blow your nose. Cruz is nothing more than a liar and trouble maker out to make a name for himself. Can you say EGO TRIP?
Ted Cruz is the biggist looser. No. I take that back we are.
Wanna Know

Pasadena, TX

#27 Feb 19, 2013
Anybody know if Hubris will be airing again? I missed it.

It was all about how the Bush Administration sold the citizens a bill of goods with made up "intelligence" after 911 to get us involved in that multi trillion dollar war.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#28 Feb 19, 2013
Actually, they did know that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. The reason they knew; Reagan and Bush Sr. gave them to him when we were having so much trouble with Iran and Saddam was our buddy in the area. That is just a fact.
Pinche Gringo

Ballwin, MO

#29 Feb 19, 2013
How many times are you going to post under different names?
Pinche Gringo

Ballwin, MO

#30 Feb 19, 2013
Texan wrote:
Actually, they did know that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. The reason they knew; Reagan and Bush Sr. gave them to him when we were having so much trouble with Iran and Saddam was our buddy in the area. That is just a fact.
It's also a fact that Jimmy Carter supported and secretly pushed for Saddam to invade Iran in 1980, which lead to over a million casualties. But hey, George Bush.

“Trying to be civil with idiots”

Since: Oct 09

Sarajevo, Bosnia

#31 Feb 19, 2013
Texan wrote:
Actually, they did know that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. The reason they knew; Reagan and Bush Sr. gave them to him when we were having so much trouble with Iran and Saddam was our buddy in the area. That is just a fact.
I am getting so sick of the " No WMD found", " Bush Lied " etc etc.
When someone makes this statement, they look like a fool.

Lot of this confusion comes from how the US Government identifies a WMD. There is actually three different definitions depending on if you are military personnel, FBI Personnel or a civilian ( attached definitions below).

There is a long list of items found according to the CIA, but i copied this short list from Defense.gov
- 1.77 metric tons of enriched uranium
- 1,500 gallons of chemical weapons
- Roadside bomb loaded with sarin gas
- 1,000 radioactive materials–ideal for radioactive dirty bombs
- 17 chemical warheads–some containing cyclosarin, a nerve agent five times more powerful than sarin.

When addressing Civilians and FBI, there was absolutely WMD by definition. I think that fact is not in dispute.
What confuses things is the Military having a different definition and when discussing this with a mixed crowd ( Civilian/ Military).

Military Definition - For the general purposes of national defense,[23] US Code[24] defines a weapon of mass destruction as:
any weapon or device that is intended, or has the capability, to cause death or serious bodily injury to a significant number of people through the release, dissemination, or impact of:
toxic or poisonous chemicals or their precursors
a disease organism
radiation or radioactivity

Civilian Definition - For the purposes of US Criminal law concerning terrorism,[28] weapons of mass destruction are defined as:
any destructive device defined as any explosive, incendiary, or poison gas bomb, grenade, rocket having a propellant charge of more than four ounces, missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than one-quarter ounce, mine, or device similar to any of the devices described in the preceding clauses[29]
any weapon that is designed or intended to cause death or serious bodily injury through the release, dissemination, or impact of toxic or poisonous chemicals, or their precursors
any weapon involving a biological agent, toxin, or vector
any weapon that is designed to release radiation or radioactivity at a level dangerous to human life

FBI Definition - any explosive or incendiary device, as defined in Title 18 USC, Section 921: bomb, grenade, rocket, missile, mine, or other device with a charge of more than four ounces
any weapon designed or intended to cause death or serious bodily injury through the release, dissemination, or impact of toxic or poisonous chemicals or their precursors
any weapon involving a disease organism
any weapon designed to release radiation or radioactivity at a level dangerous to human life
any device or weapon designed or intended to cause death or serious bodily injury by causing a malfunction of or destruction of an aircraft or other vehicle that carries humans or of an aircraft or other vehicle whose malfunction or destruction may cause said aircraft or other vehicle to cause death or serious bodily injury to humans who may be within range of the vector in its course of travel or the travel of its debris
In reality

Pasadena, TX

#32 Feb 20, 2013
All those WMD's you listed above were not all military. Some like the radioactive materials were civilian oriented waste pumped up by our military intel to look like WMD's. Others you list included denatured uranium for armor piercing artillery,

Cheney made up the entire WMD nukes (yellow cake) threat.

Even if all that you list were as WMD's as you list, the war still was not worth the loss of life of thousands of our soldiers, nor the loss of life of the millions of Iraqis during the war.

No this Iraqi war was all about revenge for an assassination plot against W's Dad, Bush 41 by Saddam. It was pay back time, but with the lives of our kids at a cost of trillions of our money.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#33 Feb 20, 2013
I only post under one name, and Reagan and Bush Sr. did supply him with WMDs. So when DubYa said he had WMDs he did so with reason to believe it was true. As far as Carter, who cares? And one more thing; when those people are fighting with each other they don't have time to mess with us. They have been fighting and killing each other in the name of Allah for centuries, and as long as they keep their killing confined to each other who gives a damn how many of them die? Better millions of them than one of us.

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

#34 Feb 20, 2013
Texan wrote:
I only post under one name, and Reagan and Bush Sr. did supply him with WMDs. So when DubYa said he had WMDs he did so with reason to believe it was true. As far as Carter, who cares? And one more thing; when those people are fighting with each other they don't have time to mess with us. They have been fighting and killing each other in the name of Allah for centuries, and as long as they keep their killing confined to each other who gives a damn how many of them die? Better millions of them than one of us.
It amazes me the fools who will talk with conviction about something they have no first hand knowledge of.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#35 Feb 21, 2013
Then why do you do it dumba$$? Doesn't take much to amaze a fool like you either; anyone can do it. Go crawl back under your rock.
Wanna Know

Pasadena, TX

#36 Feb 21, 2013
So why didn't Bush tell the nation that he supplied Saddam with the WMD's rather than have Cheney "Make UP Shit" about WMD's?

I'd be interested to know what kind of WMD's he supplied. If they were biological nuclear or chemical, he broke all sorts of laws and treaty's.
Pinche Gringo

Ballwin, MO

#37 Feb 21, 2013
So George W. Bush supplied Saddam with the weapons?
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#38 Feb 21, 2013
You answered your own question with your last sentence. Actually Reagan and Bush Sr. were the ones who did it, and you just don't tell on DADDY. Especialy when you rode daddies name to everything you ever had or were. Do you really believe any of those people, regardles of party concern themselves with the law, much less right and wrong?

Since: Feb 12

Houston, TX

#39 Feb 21, 2013
Pinche Gringo wrote:
So George W. Bush supplied Saddam with the weapons?
Reagan supplied jets and other tactical weapons to arm the iraqis against the iranians. If he had not, iran would have domoinated iraq. Fuck the iranians. If you recall, bush 41 attacked iraq and drove them out of kuwait.

The US did not supply nukes or bio or gasses to iraq or anyone else. Thats just retarded.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#40 Feb 21, 2013
Retarded; that would be you sir. The F>word is uncalled for, but it is something I would expect from RBCheney. Potty mouthed moron. And no PG Reagan and George H.W. Bush supplied Saddam.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Porte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 min Liberal forever 18,280
Paycheck Fairness Deafeated 23 min Women Vote 3
ISIS and Plagiarism 50 min Texan 30
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Gasman 22,545
California and Jim Crow 3 hr Elaine 5
La Porte Fun Facts 5 hr fubar 6
NFL &Ray Rice 13 hr Saltwater Cat 28
•••

La Porte News Video

•••
•••

La Porte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

La Porte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

La Porte News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in La Porte
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••