Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

GOTP wrote:
What do y'all know about this?
Do you really expect animal control in La Porte to do anything about a dangerous dog? Even if it did attack the two? IMHO, they're a joke.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

We had a dog attack incident and generally pleasant dealings with AC. AC won't pursue anything against the dog owner, but if you put together all the evidence and do what they need to proceed they will take action.
GOTP

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Joanie wrote:
The dog is still at the home.
Yes, it is still in the house. I have friends there. That is one of two very dangerous dogs on that street. One has attacked children, but not bitten through the skin. It's killed others' animals in their own yards and AC wants nothing to do with it. Fill out the report and keep it movin'. My dealings with AC have been a joke. When I called with my child being attacked on my street, I waited for over two hours for them to show. Then they did nothing.

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is still in the house. I have friends there. That is one of two very dangerous dogs on that street. One has attacked children, but not bitten through the skin. It's killed others' animals in their own yards and AC wants nothing to do with it. Fill out the report and keep it movin'. My dealings with AC have been a joke. When I called with my child being attacked on my street, I waited for over two hours for them to show. Then they did nothing.
If you collect notarized statements from people who had their child bitten or their animals killed along with any pictures and medical/vet bills and records and request to have the dog declared dangerous and send it to the head of animal control, Clarence Anderson, you should get things started. It also has to go through the PD. If they all agree the dog is dangerous they will go get the dog and euthanize it.
Elaine

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit! You don't have any children. You are just making this up.
GOTP

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Elaine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit! You don't have any children. You are just making this up.
Sorry to disappoint buttercup, but I have three. And all three have had issues with dangerous dogs in La Porte.
GOTP

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>
If you collect notarized statements from people who had their child bitten or their animals killed along with any pictures and medical/vet bills and records and request to have the dog declared dangerous and send it to the head of animal control, Clarence Anderson, you should get things started. It also has to go through the PD. If they all agree the dog is dangerous they will go get the dog and euthanize it.
I have ZERO faith in this department at all. Our incidents have been occurring over the course of years and the last one was two years ago. We won't be contacting AC with any problems in the future.

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
I have ZERO faith in this department at all. Our incidents have been occurring over the course of years and the last one was two years ago. We won't be contacting AC with any problems in the future.
I understand. That's how I feel about LPPD, so just because I had a good experience with AC doesn't mean you didn't. Hopefully no one will be hurt before any action is taken.
GOTP

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I understand. That's how I feel about LPPD, so just because I had a good experience with AC doesn't mean you didn't. Hopefully no one will be hurt before any action is taken.
I agree with you on the LPPD. Many I have dealt with were arrogant and treated me with nothing but disrespect and seemed so irritated that we dared to call. Whether it's been a wreck, theft, assault or dog attack we were met with nothing but a snarky attitude and arrogance. I have dealt with a couple that were wonderful. I am amazed at how many I see breaking traffic laws. I don't think I see a day go by that I don't see at least one just blowing the very traffic laws that they write the citizenry tickets for.

Dbfp

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

You sound like a whiny douche bag.
GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on the LPPD. Many I have dealt with were arrogant and treated me with nothing but disrespect and seemed so irritated that we dared to call. Whether it's been a wreck, theft, assault or dog attack we were met with nothing but a snarky attitude and arrogance. I have dealt with a couple that were wonderful. I am amazed at how many I see breaking traffic laws. I don't think I see a day go by that I don't see at least one just blowing the very traffic laws that they write the citizenry tickets for.
GOTP

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Dbfp wrote:
You sound like a whiny douche bag.
<quoted text>
Thanks officer!
my2dogs

Ponchatoula, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

My two dogs were attacked last week around 5:15 pm in FPE. Is this the dog attack you guys are speaking of?
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

HELL; if you can't get anyone to do anything and it really is a dangerous animal just shoot it if it comes on your property. If castle law gives you the right to shoot a human while defending your home and property, why not a vicious dog?

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
The Chief of Police sets the tone for the entire department... he leads by design and by example.

I've noticed that police here in California are very different.

They are not as eager to get in your business nor do they "cop" and attitude with you.

I have had a number of interactions with the law in my last year here... far more than I ever have in Texas.

I'd say I have been in direct contact with the law here no less than 10 times in the last year.

In those 10 times... I was ID'd only three times and I was never touched or searched even while carrying a backpack.

Even though I've had much more contact with police here than an average year in Texas... each interaction was pleasant and polite.

The officers were always very professional.

Most police officer in the LPPD are really nice people... but their leadership sucks.

We've got a suck up Chief of Police who was brought here from El Paso where the department he was in there was VERY militarized and impersonal.

We NEED a Chief of Police FROM La Porte... one who knows the people... one who is OF the people... one who will care for the people... and not for the interests of the corruption that brought him here from El Paso.

Promote a Chief from the current ranks of the La Porte Police Department... then you will see officers gain respect for their superiors and see true opportunity for advancement within their department.

Pride in your leadership... is the first step towards a department that treats the public with respect.
my2dogs

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

My dogs were attacked on Feb 5th and La Porte Animal Control was supposed to come to my house the next night to file report, but did not show. Said they received a call out. That is fine, I am ok with that. But they never called back to set a new time or day, then I went down to their office that Saturday (Feb 9th). Called this week and found out nothing was done, so they were to come last night for me to sign another report so it could be filed. Guess what? Another no show with no phone call. I waited at home for them.....left message this morning....let's see if they call back. Do they really care that 2 small schnauzers were almost killed and then the dog could have turned on me????

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

my2dogs wrote:
My dogs were attacked on Feb 5th and La Porte Animal Control was supposed to come to my house the next night to file report, but did not show. Said they received a call out. That is fine, I am ok with that. But they never called back to set a new time or day, then I went down to their office that Saturday (Feb 9th). Called this week and found out nothing was done, so they were to come last night for me to sign another report so it could be filed. Guess what? Another no show with no phone call. I waited at home for them.....left message this morning....let's see if they call back. Do they really care that 2 small schnauzers were almost killed and then the dog could have turned on me????
Do this: Call the PD and see if you can get the email address for Clarence Anderson. He is tje director for AC. Send him a very polite email that you need to file a report and are having trouble getting someone to come out. Other than that here is what you can do to have a dog like that dealt with:
Take pictures of any injuries your dogs still have.
Copy any vet statements/medical records concerning the attack.
Write a step by step factual statement about the attack like this:
. My name is
. On x date I was doing x with my dogs
. A dog that looked like x did this
. And so on
End with a request to have the dog deemed dangerous and destroyed
Have the statement notarized
Collect notarized statements from any witnesses to the event.
Collect notarized statements from any other people who have been attacked or had their pet attacked by the same dog along with pictures and vet records if possible.
Submit this to Mr. Anderson.
The information will be reviewed by several different people.
If the dog is considered dangerous they will seize the dog and destroy it.

Since: Jan 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

<quoted text>Do this: Call the PD and see if you can get the email address for Clarence Anderson. He is tje director for AC. Send him a very polite email that you need to file a report and are having trouble getting someone to come out. Other than that here is what you can do to have a dog like that dealt with:
Take pictures of any injuries your dogs still have.
Copy any vet statements/medical records concerning the attack.
Write a step by step factual statement about the attack like this:
. My name is
. On x date I was doing x with my dogs
. A dog that looked like x did this
. And so on
End with a request to have the dog deemed dangerous and destroyed
Have the statement notarized
Collect notarized statements from any witnesses to the event.
Collect notarized statements from any other people who have been attacked or had their pet attacked by the same dog along with pictures and vet records if possible.
Submit this to Mr. Anderson.
The information will be reviewed by several different people.
If the dog is considered dangerous they will seize the dog and destroy it.
Good advice. If you are not satisfied, always ask for a supervisor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

La Porte News Video

•••
•••

La Porte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

La Porte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

La Porte News, Events & Info