Does anyone on this forum have a student loan?

Posted in the La Porte Forum

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Apr 27, 2012

Since: Feb 12

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

Did you graduate? Did you take out a student loan? Have you paid it off?

Let's hear it.

Me? No loans. I had a job and paid as I went. Graduated with no debt and no tattoos.

“Trying to be civil with idiots”

Since: Oct 09

Sarajevo, Bosnia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

No loans
Worked out at Exxon during the day, school at night.
While in school i was also able to purchase a home in brookglen at 19 years old ( Brookglen was high living before allison). Drove a newer model truck, paid for my own insurance, food, utilities, Cable... etc

I knew that i didnt have anyone to help me if i was to fall on hard times. This made me be cautious and learn how to plan ahead.

No tattoo's either
No baby mommas
no criminal record
no drug problem ( didnt smoke pot until my mid 20's)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

In College. Sophomore year.$36,000 in student loan debt so far, will only keep rising. I have a part time job at the library. Not enough enough to cover tuition. I will graduate with a bachelors degree and later a masters degree in teaching. The federal government will forgive my loans if I teach for 5 consecutive years in a title one school. Unless you have a free ride, It's really hard to go to college these days without having to take out a few loans. College tuition keeps rising faster than the rate of inflation and because of the economy federal aid are scholarship opportunities are decreasing.

No tattoos (apparently its important to state whether you have them on topic)

“Trying to be civil with idiots”

Since: Oct 09

Sarajevo, Bosnia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

Kate Sullen wrote:
In College. Sophomore year.$36,000 in student loan debt so far, will only keep rising. I have a part time job at the library. Not enough enough to cover tuition. I will graduate with a bachelors degree and later a masters degree in teaching. The federal government will forgive my loans if I teach for 5 consecutive years in a title one school. Unless you have a free ride, It's really hard to go to college these days without having to take out a few loans. College tuition keeps rising faster than the rate of inflation and because of the economy federal aid are scholarship opportunities are decreasing.
No tattoos (apparently its important to state whether you have them on topic)
Just curious, What kind of job will a masters degree in teaching get you?
A friend of mine taught at night at U of H to complete his PHD. If i understood him correctly, U of H covered the tuition cost in exchange for him teaching.
But all that time seems like it was for nothing. No new doors opened for him, not a better job, not a pay raise.... feel kinda bad for him. But i wouldnt be a true friend if i didnt poke fun at him.
My favorite is when we go to lunch. When the check comes i will grab the check and say "I'll get it, Mr. PHD. Let this community college graduate handle this because we both know you cant afford it". I laugh, he gets mad...... aww good times.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

Want my town back wrote:
<quoted text>Just curious, What kind of job will a masters degree in teaching get you?
A friend of mine taught at night at U of H to complete his PHD. If i understood him correctly, U of H covered the tuition cost in exchange for him teaching.
But all that time seems like it was for nothing. No new doors opened for him, not a better job, not a pay raise.... feel kinda bad for him. But i wouldnt be a true friend if i didnt poke fun at him.
My favorite is when we go to lunch. When the check comes i will grab the check and say "I'll get it, Mr. PHD. Let this community college graduate handle this because we both know you cant afford it". I laugh, he gets mad...... aww good times.
Master of Arts in Teaching degree will get you a job in teaching most likely.

“LookOUT”

Since: Apr 12

HOUSTON TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

masters; mechanical engineering.
debt = plenty
tattoo's = plenty

going back in the spring... mathmatics... im lame
Lomaxx

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

It's a good time to be in College as the Chemical Plants around here(and everywhere else too)are putting off hiring until Yo'Mamma is OUT!

They will start you out over 60k/yr., not a rich man's salary, but you can live more than comfortable. Postpone buying the beach house for a few years...LOL!

Good Luck!

“USA's First Dictator”

Since: Feb 09

Stealing freedoms daily, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

RBCheney wrote:
Did you graduate? Did you take out a student loan? Have you paid it off?
Let's hear it.
Me? No loans. I had a job and paid as I went. Graduated with no debt and no tattoos.
No GOTP. You are trying to raise a question to allow yourself to bring Obama's latest diversion to this forum instead of the real issues like the economy, jobs, gas prices, food prices, insurance costs. I was born in the day, but not yesterday.
stg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Kate Sullen wrote:
<quoted text>Master of Arts in Teaching degree will get you a job in teaching most likely.
It will allow you to be head of the dept after a few years of teaching. Plus you're able to teach college courses. Depending on if your certified in specific areas like administration... Then, you could be a principle.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent La Porte Discussions

Search the La Porte Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 12 min Imperial Chicano 17,218
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr fubar 21,672
Obama arresting doctors if they talk.. 1 hr fubar 60
What happened 3 hr girl, please 34
La Porte preacher 3 hr JC 5
Construction on Canada 18 hr noway 3
New principals for CPE and Baker Tue no 3
•••
•••

La Porte News Video

•••
•••

La Porte Jobs