What do you think about the La Porte ...

What do you think about the La Porte Boys Baseball Association?

Posted in the La Porte Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Apr 7, 2010
I have never been apart of such an unorganized organization. In all my years of little league I have never seen so many adults who do not care about the children. They play favorites like no others I have seen and this is baseball not football even though the football children/parents get the good old boy treatment. This has been the worst year so far and I hope they can get off the high horse and remember the other children and parents beside the one the are buddy buddy with. Parents are getting tired of spending money on this and only to get nothing in return. Here are a few questions to think about:

1. Why is there a game before opening day?
A: Its stupid to do this the children they want
the first game of the year to be the big
opener with parade, candy, friends, etc
2. Why do some teams get special treatment?
A: Because they are football buddies and that is
the biggest reason. 2nd is because thats how
its been year after year.
3. What happen to little league being for the
children?
A: To many people involved with the organization
want to bully others aroound because they are
in a position with a little power...which is
used wrong!

Jump in and tell me what you think...I could talk on this one all night long! DONT GET ME WRONG THERE A A FEW GREAT PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH THE PROGRAM THAT WILL GO OUT OF THERE WAY TO HELP BUT THEY ARE FEW AND THE OTHERS ARE MANY.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#2 Apr 7, 2010
My boys went through this for a few years. I decided it was pretty stupid-they didn't like it and neither did we. All the yelling at the little kids ie T-ball-then all the politics. It just wasn't what I wanted to do with my kids. Believe it or not-there is a better life without baseball. My youngest daughter played sports in church groups and my grandson plays sports in the YMCA. It's much nicer. People say organized sports teaches sportsmanship-like behavior but there are a few guys at the high school now who are so disgusting-nasty, crude, rude-but they're happy because they have those sports scholarships. All I can say is remember OJ.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 7, 2010
I agree with some of what your saying there Kubaba about yelling / screaming at t-ballers. I also agree the politics are choking the program to death. We just got a new complex on Canada but every year the # of players drop because parents / children dont want to be part of the program. I agree that sports does teach sportmanship and many other great values to our children. However if you are referring back to the Coach Torres issue I disagree. I think at that level and well before it is clear which children are ball players and which ones whill not excel in the competative aspect of the game. High school baseball coaches are not there to make friends at the point they are there to win and teach our children how to be winners. I want my son to be a good sport, respectful of the game, but also a winner who comes out on top. I strong believe that if we teach our children to be ok with average then we are sitting them up for failure. I would like to turn the LPBBA upside down and shack the tree by the roots to get there attention and maybe a few fall out of position.

Since: Mar 10

Houston, TX

#4 Apr 7, 2010
It is so sorry to hear that LPBBA hasb't chabged in all these years since our boys tried to play in the organization. There were coaches that made boys suck pacifers for punishment on the field in front of other parents and players. My husband tried coaching T-Ball and the first year after T-Ball but we just couldn't fit in there. We went to La Porte Cowboy football and it was a completely different atmosphere. MY husband was there for 11 years as a board member and enjoyed everymoment we spent with this group of parents and their children. Back in our day politics never entered into our program-Thank Goodness!!!!!
been there

Pasadena, TX

#5 Apr 8, 2010
we played years ago and it was ridiculous. All Stars was nothing but a complete team of coaches kids, etc. WAAYYY too much testosterone over there! So sad....
Pinto Mom

Pasadena, TX

#6 Apr 18, 2010
Did you hear about the coach from the Mariners (Mustangs) who called a huddle at the pitcher's mound during a game, gave the 2nd base kid the ball, so when the huddle was over, the pitcher who originally had the ball pretended to throw the ball to 2nd base and tag the other team's player out? We were waiting for our son's game to start and just happen to watch this game. I was completely outraged! What is this coach teaching the kids? Even more outraged that the coach wasn't called out by the umpire.
Proud LPHS Mom

Houston, TX

#7 Apr 19, 2010
My kiddos went through the program. The organization is only as good as the parents who get involved. Its the same people year after year. Run for office, take a position and time away from your family before you gripe. The booster clubs at the high school are suffering as far too few people step up to support their kids. Instead too many sit back behind some fake screen name and throw stones. Because of all of the whiney politics, many take their kids straight to tournament teams where they have a bit more localized control.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#8 Apr 23, 2010
I was a part of the LPBBA so I guess I can gripe. It was a terrible terrible experience. They are not taking time away from the family because most of the time all the family is there. I think the kids should just be allowed to play. I have heard kids say they want to take off a year and just hang out and have fun, but the parents say no it's baseball baseball and more baseball. So sad!!!
baseball

La Porte, TX

#9 Apr 23, 2010
to truly make sure it's fair and about BASEBALL, the rule should be all volunteer daddy coaches cannot coach their son. that way, only the best end up starting. i realize that sometimes the coaches son is the best one, so whats the difference if the kid has a different coach? if he is that good, then no worries, right?
lpbba

Deer Park, TX

#10 Apr 23, 2010
Pinto Mom wrote:
Did you hear about the coach from the Mariners (Mustangs) who called a huddle at the pitcher's mound during a game, gave the 2nd base kid the ball, so when the huddle was over, the pitcher who originally had the ball pretended to throw the ball to 2nd base and tag the other team's player out? We were waiting for our son's game to start and just happen to watch this game. I was completely outraged! What is this coach teaching the kids? Even more outraged that the coach wasn't called out by the umpire.
..........
why would you be outraged? that is stupid. the coach did nothing wrong. if the runner was taught not to get off the bag until the pitchers foot was on the rubber;then he would not be out. happens all the time. only call the umpire could have made was a balk. grow up and learn the rules.
4boyz

La Porte, TX

#11 May 28, 2010
baseball wrote:
to truly make sure it's fair and about BASEBALL, the rule should be all volunteer daddy coaches cannot coach their son. that way, only the best end up starting. i realize that sometimes the coaches son is the best one, so whats the difference if the kid has a different coach? if he is that good, then no worries, right?
Don't you think the dads coach to be with their son? Do you really think a dad wants to be on one field coaching and his son is at a diferent game? You would not have any coaches. Sorry that was a dumb idea.
wasabi

Baton Rouge, LA

#12 May 28, 2010
So far we have not had any problems because we have been lucky enough to get good laid back coaches who know it's just a game. I know I would have a problem if we got stuck with one of the coaches that call "the kids loser's because they lost the game" or tells them "You’re so bad your parents don't even want to watch you play"!:0
I can't stand the coaches that yell at the kid who drops the ball in the outfield! HELLO it's called blinded by the sun! You should try staring at the sun and then looking for the ball!!!! I bet you couldn’t catch the ball either!
THINK before you yell at the kids, words can be damaging.
I was at the fields yesterday and I was trying to watch my son’s game and there was some LPBBA member in the stands watching the game when you get some loud mouth lady who was also a LPBBA member gripping about who was running for President, she kept going on about how “I can’t believe he would put his name down on the list” She also talked about some coach who got thrown out of the LPBBA organization indefinitely for throwing a bat on the fields!!! Then there was another rep (female) who came up to the both of them and starting gripping about some email of how all the Shetland teams made the play offs? She asked why they would send an email like that! Blah blah blah…if you’re going to gossip…please do it where the other parents are not going to hear! You are suppose to be representing the LPBBA organization, not put on a soap opera! You never know who other people know!
vanessa ramos

Pasadena, TX

#14 Mar 23, 2011
this league sux ass! really my son played fall ball there i la porte then now he is in the spring season and boy do their umpires sux ass literally!!! the go for favortism and its nothing but politics and i am never again gonna have any of my children in this league its an embarressment how they show these children to b cheaters
vanessa ramos

Pasadena, TX

#15 Mar 23, 2011
Proud LPHS Mom wrote:
My kiddos went through the program. The organization is only as good as the parents who get involved. Its the same people year after year. Run for office, take a position and time away from your family before you gripe. The booster clubs at the high school are suffering as far too few people step up to support their kids. Instead too many sit back behind some fake screen name and throw stones. Because of all of the whiney politics, many take their kids straight to tournament teams where they have a bit more localized control.
hell yeah u got that right thats why i aint takin none of thier bullshit and just taking my sonn out they can stick the money where the sun dont shine and besides my son is too good of a player to be playin baseball with cheatin umpires and whinning sucky kids that their mommas cant pull their titty out their mouths and make them play baseball when they dont even know what there r doin out on the fiield
Berlin

Houston, TX

#16 Mar 24, 2011
How many of the first three posters are the same person? Did anyone else notice this? I guess you were just trying to stir up trouble.

It's easy to criticize the work that the volunteers are doing. Perhaps if you volunteered yourself, you would understand why things work that way. It's not for selfish purposes, it just works better for an informal, volunteer organization.
Coach

United States

#17 Jun 7, 2011
I truly love to coach baseball and it saddens me greatly to hear things like this. I believe this site is so anti productive but like most we are all drawn to the dark side. I keep it simple & try to remember its about the kids and a little about winning but for the most part its about building a team. I believe this process is the most rewarding part and if more people could get on board with the idea of "team building" then we all could get passed how bad the board is or how bad the other teams coach is acting or what childish tactic they are using to get one over on somebody. LPBBA is not about the board. Its about the great game of baseball and the ups and downs that come with it. Leave the BS to the board and settle and the rest on the diamond. Don t cry about stacked teams or who cheated. Do your home work, pick you players then come up with a game plan and have fun with it. The best teams are the ones that are having fun. When a team comes together they can beat anyone.
red

United States

#18 Jun 10, 2011
Well put coach. I my self had been there before, as a coach and as a parent. Can honestly tell you this year has been the most fun. We did not win it all but we had fun. Great kids,parents, and grandparents. It was a great season. I was very proud of everybody. All that politics that went up front,we had to let go. Even though it did bother me a little, I still had a team to help coach. So please parents or coaches keep playing. Make the best of it. I am ready for fall ball. Kid pitch.:P
Potty mouth

Tomball, TX

#19 Jun 11, 2011
vanessa ramos wrote:
<quoted text>
hell yeah u got that right thats why i aint takin none of thier bullshit and just taking my sonn out they can stick the money where the sun dont shine and besides my son is too good of a player to be playin baseball with cheatin umpires and whinning sucky kids that their mommas cant pull their titty out their mouths and make them play baseball when they dont even know what there r doin out on the fiield
Well good thing that a foul mouth like you won't be coming around anymore. Fell sorry for your kids if that is how you talk around them!! You sound like that mustang coach that talks like that!!
LOL

Ledbetter, TX

#20 Jun 11, 2011
Proud LPHS Mom wrote:
My kiddos went through the program. The organization is only as good as the parents who get involved. Its the same people year after year. Run for office, take a position and time away from your family before you gripe. The booster clubs at the high school are suffering as far too few people step up to support their kids. Instead too many sit back behind some fake screen name and throw stones. Because of all of the whiney politics, many take their kids straight to tournament teams where they have a bit more localized control.
Says the proud LPHS mom using a screen name and throwing stones. Hypocritical much?
red

United States

#21 Jun 11, 2011
vanessa ramos wrote:
<quoted text>
hell yeah u got that right thats why i aint takin none of thier bullshit and just taking my sonn out they can stick the money where the sun dont shine and besides my son is too good of a player to be playin baseball with cheatin umpires and whinning sucky kids that their mommas cant pull their titty out their mouths and make them play baseball when they dont even know what there r doin out on the fiield
WOW, I am glad you are not coming back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Porte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The election is over 1 hr red dawn 32
what are your best sayings 3 hr red dawn 16
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 16 hr CheeseSniff 1,050
FBI admits Russia did not hack the election! Mon josh 20
anyone man enough to handle me? Mon Elaine 1
Obama leaves on a high note. Mon josh 25
Job Jan 15 Big bad john 48

La Porte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

La Porte Mortgages