LPBBA President, Vice President, Head...

LPBBA President, Vice President, Head Commissioner and 1 Player Agent

Posted in the La Porte Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Heath Patterson

Pasadena, TX

#1 Feb 13, 2012
It is time to call for the resignation of a few LPBBA Board members. They are the following: President Ken Ural, Vice President Melissa O’Donel, Head Commissioner Eric O’Donel, and Player Agent Rhonda Knapik. They put their personal feelings towards Matt Shipwash ahead of 700+ kids and following the rules that govern them. Ken was heard by people saying he wanted Matt Shipwash gone from the league!

In 2007 I was the manager of the Mustang Dodgers (Ken Ural was President) and during that draft the Pirates traded their #1 overall 9 year old pick to the Cubs for the Cubs last pick in the draft. Later that day in the Pony draft (I was the Pony Commissioner) LSU traded their #1 overall pick (2nd player chosen in the entire draft) for the Gators last pick in the draft (very last pick in the entire draft). Both trades were completely “un fair” by talent levels in the kids involved but completely legal according to LPBBA by laws. During that off season I was on the rules committee along with Eric O’Donel and a few others (appointed by Ken Ural) I proposed we should put in a rule that we (league commissioners) could stop “un fair” trades, I was turned down because I was explained that their were too many factors involved in a trade that we couldn’t completely determine if the trade is “fair” or not, I completely agreed and withdrew my proposal. Well this year at the Shetland draft some very disturbing things occurred. The Shetland Phillies agreed to a trade with a manager of another team (which I do not know the name of) and the Player Agent yelled at and humiliated the Phillies coach and then demanded if he was to trade for the player he wanted she was forcing him to trade away Josh Lau instead of the player originally agreed upon by both coaches. While the President, Head Commissioner, and Vice President did NOTHING to stop the verbal attack and/or the breaking of by laws during the draft. Where were the league commissioners? They were ranked by the above board members and didn’t have the power to stop the ridiculous actions by the 4 board members, Dean and Chris yall a great members and I appreciate everything you do! Why should they resign? Because if they will put personal feelings ahead of their rules to attack a volunteer that gives his all to every kid he coaches and try to sabotage his team in hopes he will quit and leave the league! Therefore the real questions are, who else is on their chopping block? and Could you be next? La Porte Citizens I encourage you to stand up and not let individuals as these ruin the league that not only I grew up enjoying but so did many other kids and many kids yet to come!!

Since: Feb 12

Houston, TX

#2 Feb 13, 2012
"unfair" is one word.
Heath Patterson

Pasadena, TX

#3 Feb 13, 2012
RBCheney wrote:
"unfair" is one word.
Thank you for pointing out grammar mistakes where would the world be without people such as yourself??
heathblows

United States

#4 Feb 14, 2012
Heath it is extremely ridiculous that come on here blasting the members when a year ago you where on here defending your father who was president and over ruled an illegal trade and let it go through by the exact same manager. You didnt ask for his resignation when he was completely in the wrong. Certain board members tried to do the right thing then and he let it happen. Baseball should be about the kids and not your personal reasons to attack people when indeed you do not have all the facts. I know you are upset because the league was completely in shambles with him as president. And now one of the best presidents to over see the league is back and things are so much better that you can't stand it. Again before post anything else please get the facts before you put hear say on here. Why didn't you put on here that the head coach tried to take advantage of a new coach who stepped up to take a team. Fact.
Heath Patterson

Houston, TX

#5 Feb 14, 2012
heathblows wrote:
Heath it is extremely ridiculous that come on here blasting the members when a year ago you where on here defending your father who was president and over ruled an illegal trade and let it go through by the exact same manager. You didnt ask for his resignation when he was completely in the wrong. Certain board members tried to do the right thing then and he let it happen. Baseball should be about the kids and not your personal reasons to attack people when indeed you do not have all the facts. I know you are upset because the league was completely in shambles with him as president. And now one of the best presidents to over see the league is back and things are so much better that you can't stand it. Again before post anything else please get the facts before you put hear say on here. Why didn't you put on here that the head coach tried to take advantage of a new coach who stepped up to take a team. Fact.
Please enlighten me and on which facts I dop not know? And no you lied my dad didn't overrule any trade last year, he wasn't at the draft, but the same head commissioner was, the trade last year has nothing to do with this! The league was not in shambles last year you are sadly mistaken...i'm not upset with anyone I just refuse to sit back and watch the league be ran into the ground for ppl's personal goals! Btw the board voted on the trade last year and agreed to allow it, and the president didn't vote because he is not allowed to, although this year the president decided he gets to vote from time to time!
Heath Patterson

Houston, TX

#6 Feb 14, 2012
One other thing if you read about the 2 trades in 2007 that ken aloud and had ZERO objections to both of those were new coaches as well! Its funny how its a problem now when it involves a guy that they don't like, I guess you could say i'm on their chopping block now
Curious LPBBA Parent

League City, TX

#7 Feb 14, 2012
What are these personal goals of the these people? I would like to know? Are they trying to stack teams? I'm just curious. Thanks for any enlightenment.
LOLpbba

Houston, TX

#8 Feb 14, 2012
When is everyone going to ever realize that this league is about cheating? All has been the same since my kids played years ago. Apparently, the only thing that has changed are the names. Wasn't I reading something a year or so ago about the Shipwash character cheating? Was he the one suspended for a couple of games and then allowed to carry on, business as usual? If not, then I apologize. Wasn't his wife on here defending him too?
Heath Patterson

Katy, TX

#9 Feb 14, 2012
Curious LPBBA Parent wrote:
What are these personal goals of the these people? I would like to know? Are they trying to stack teams? I'm just curious. Thanks for any enlightenment.
Many ppl have heard the president and a few other board members say they want shipwash out of the league!! And then they have the nerve to ask him to borrow at no cost a piece if equiptment for field maintenance that he owns....really?
Heath Patterson

Katy, TX

#10 Feb 14, 2012
Yes it is the same guy as last year, he did break a rule and was given the largest suspension ever, although he was not all at fault, he was told the trade was legal by a higher ranking board member. This year he didn't attend the draft and he is supposedly being asked to appear before the discipline committee for actions at the draft?
Curious LPBBA Parent

League City, TX

#11 Feb 14, 2012
Heath Patterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Many ppl have heard the president and a few other board members say they want shipwash out of the league!! And then they have the nerve to ask him to borrow at no cost a piece if equiptment for field maintenance that he owns....really?
But what would be the goal of that be? What benefit does it have for the league either way to have him there or not? This is a powerful person or what? You said that all of these people have personal goals but yet in this reply you only mentioned the president. If the president has personal issues with him then so be it and I think he should remove himself from the situation and let the appropriate people handle it. Heath, I don't know you nor will I probably ever know you. But you have shared nothing about personal goals from any board member to help me make a decision as to wheather or not this is the place we want to stay and play. If you know of these personl issues that these board memebers have with Mr. Shipwash then share so that we can all have the truth and make an educated choice as to leave or stay.
Heath Patterson

Katy, TX

#12 Feb 14, 2012
The way these ppl work is, they are the nicest ppl and then if you disagree with 1 thing they will do everything in their power to remove you from the league, case in point myself and the president last yeartheir personal goals are what is best for them, if your opinion differs from their opinion they will try to humilate you and make things so bad that you just have to walk away! The league should be about kids playing baseball, but if you were at any meetings last year all these ppl and their friends were about removing the president who had never done anything wrong!! he started bringing up money issues and they refused to provide financial statements for the board, and from that point it was all about removing him. If there was nothing to hide why not give all the information out
why heath

Pasadena, TX

#13 Feb 14, 2012
would you actually put the name of child on this? Haven't you learned anything? The only thing you are doing is stirring it up because Shipwash was caught.

A child's name. Think.
Curious LPBBA Parent

League City, TX

#14 Feb 14, 2012
hmm well I know a few of these people and I honest can say that I don't see that at all. But that is my opinion and you have your right to yours. I still don't get where these people have a personal goal to get Shipwash out or what the benefit of that would be? I hate to say it and no ofense to you but to me it appears you are still angry about what ever happened in the past. I don't tend to listen to gossip, you say that it the president was over heard saying he wants Shipwash out. Unless you heard it, it's gossip. I am sure you have said things that you didn't think anyone was listening to and thought no one was listening that you maybe should have thought twice before saying.(I'm just saying) Unless you heard it with your ears let everyone make the choice for them selves. For now I think we will stay until I see or hear personally any of this going on. I think I will have to attend a board meeting and see what it is all about. They are open to the public correct?
board member

Pasadena, TX

#15 Feb 14, 2012
yes they are open to the public
Curious LPBBA Parent

League City, TX

#16 Feb 14, 2012
board member wrote:
yes they are open to the public
thank you
LOLpbba

Houston, TX

#17 Feb 14, 2012
Who is the one that was getting violent or something last year? He was flipping off parents and caused a fight or something? Was that the same guy too or was he just cheating on the draft? The board should have banned him for cheating from the beginning and he wouldn't even be an issue. Once you are caught, you should never be allowed to coach again. But, a little slap on the wrist and off he goes. And now here we go, he's causing trouble again.
GEORGE FREAKING BUSH

League City, TX

#18 Feb 14, 2012
LOLpbba wrote:
Who is the one that was getting violent or something last year? He was flipping off parents and caused a fight or something? Was that the same guy too or was he just cheating on the draft? The board should have banned him for cheating from the beginning and he wouldn't even be an issue. Once you are caught, you should never be allowed to coach again. But, a little slap on the wrist and off he goes. And now here we go, he's causing trouble again.
Maybe we can say "LESSON LEARNED" on this one... Maybe this time they won't be as nice and just kick his butt out of the league. The league doesn't need people like that. People who cheat and are only in the league to win the trophy, never mind teaching the kids. Really who cares, this league doesn't go on to the Little League World Series. You win a trophy and a title and a pat on the back. Good lawd man, let the kids play and have fun and go play select ball. Take your money and your high and mighty "You think you are influential in this community" (but really the only money you have comes from your mommy and daddy) butt and leave. Nobody (it is clear)... wants you hear
GEORGE FREAKING BUSH

League City, TX

#19 Feb 14, 2012
Heath Patterson wrote:
The way these ppl work is, they are the nicest ppl and then if you disagree with 1 thing they will do everything in their power to remove you from the league, case in point myself and the president last yeartheir personal goals are what is best for them, if your opinion differs from their opinion they will try to humilate you and make things so bad that you just have to walk away! The league should be about kids playing baseball, but if you were at any meetings last year all these ppl and their friends were about removing the president who had never done anything wrong!! he started bringing up money issues and they refused to provide financial statements for the board, and from that point it was all about removing him. If there was nothing to hide why not give all the information out
Maybe they just didn't like the way you!! I mean realy, your dad thought that he could do whatever because he was the president. There is a board for a reason. They are voted on by the parents of the players. No one person make the decision. Your daddy thought differently.
Not Important

Deer Park, TX

#20 Feb 14, 2012
Heath, you weren't even there so pipe down!!! This is the 2nd time this guy has tried to manipulate the system to stack a team. It is the 2nd time he's taken advantage of an inexperienced assistant coach by cheating the system, and this time he is not getting off easy. We hear all the time that teams are stacked, and here is the Board doing what they can to prevent it, and again with the same "so called Coach" and enough is enough. Last year his victim was a manager who was at her mother's funeral, and this year, a new manager's wife from Deer Park, new to La Porte baseball and look at the example he is setting for LPBBA. We should praise the work the Board is doing to prevent people like him from "stacking" a team and keeping it fair and fun for all. This manager hides behind the philosophy that "it's for the kids" when really his ONLY intent is "win baby win" and it does not matter at who's expense - PERIOD. P.S - He offered the equipment, not asked to be borrowed and he reneged on his offer - JUST SO YOU KNOW

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Porte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The honorable DNC 1 hr Texan 7
A Buddhist monk? 2 hr red dawn 12
Two Peaceful Revolutions Cheated!!! 2 hr red dawn 6
I could have sworn... Tue Heavy Fed 3
Lppba charges filed Jul 23 JohnR 9
Gilley's Jul 23 JohnR 8
Clinton bribed Lynch. Jul 23 Defiant1 15

La Porte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

La Porte Mortgages