Salon Avante........What a joke!

Posted in the La Porte Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Grossed out

Crosby, TX

#1 Jul 31, 2013
Have you been into that place lately? They pretend to be a high end salon. The staff is all new and they look like trash. The girls that used to be in there were neatly dressed, didn't have tattooed covered bodies and looked like they could be in a high end salon. The manager is so temperamental that all of the good employees have walked out on her. Melissa is the only positive thing they have going for them. She is very personable, seems to be the only one that really cares about the salon. She dresses appropriately. Brenda tries to dress like a 20 yr old that has a good figure, but if she really looked in the mirror she could see that her clothing is not too flattering. The other 2 girls in there just look trashy. I went in to have my hair done and found out my regular girl was no longer there, when I saw the other girls working I walked out, if someone does not care about their appearance then why would they care about mine? The guy that works there wears clothes way too tight, his body is not that good to be trying to show it off.
Look at the hairstyles of the girls working there and ask yourself if any of them would impress you? They posted some pics of facebook of all of them and I would be ashamed to tell anyone that was my employees, they looked trashy. There is nothing high end about that salon, I could go to TGF pay half the price and get a better haircut. I will not be back to Salon Avante. I will also share with my friends that are clients to beware, it's turned into a high priced Super Cuts.
GrossedOut_maybe

Deer Park, TX

#2 Jul 31, 2013
Ha ha - I bet you're uglier than all the ugly people at the place you're talking about.
Sad that you think posting your petty shortcomings will make you feel better about yourself.
Oh Boy

Deer Park, TX

#3 Jul 31, 2013
Grossed out wrote:
Have you been into that place lately? They pretend to be a high end salon. The staff is all new and they look like trash. The girls that used to be in there were neatly dressed, didn't have tattooed covered bodies and looked like they could be in a high end salon. The manager is so temperamental that all of the good employees have walked out on her. Melissa is the only positive thing they have going for them. She is very personable, seems to be the only one that really cares about the salon. She dresses appropriately. Brenda tries to dress like a 20 yr old that has a good figure, but if she really looked in the mirror she could see that her clothing is not too flattering. The other 2 girls in there just look trashy. I went in to have my hair done and found out my regular girl was no longer there, when I saw the other girls working I walked out, if someone does not care about their appearance then why would they care about mine? The guy that works there wears clothes way too tight, his body is not that good to be trying to show it off.
Look at the hairstyles of the girls working there and ask yourself if any of them would impress you? They posted some pics of facebook of all of them and I would be ashamed to tell anyone that was my employees, they looked trashy. There is nothing high end about that salon, I could go to TGF pay half the price and get a better haircut. I will not be back to Salon Avante. I will also share with my friends that are clients to beware, it's turned into a high priced Super Cuts.
If you don't like them - don't go there. At least they work and don't spend their time at the beauty shop judging others.
Maybe you're a bored housewife with nothing else to do.
Past_employee

Pasadena, TX

#4 Jul 31, 2013
if you don't like the environment, then don't go. To judge someone on how they look or how they dress is horrible and you should be ashamed of yourself!! I worked for Brenda and she is an amazing person that truly does care for her employees and clients. As far as the "tattoos" If you don't like them don't look!!! These ladies do an amazing job!!! As far as "fixing" yourself up everyday, do you?? NO and some people have bad days, please forgive every hair dresser on earth that does not fix their hair and make up EVERYDAY cause sometimes, we are to busy fixing others!! And to talk about someones body just shows your insecurities!! Does posting on this forum make you feel better?? Cause a whole 20 people have seen it?? Wow your amazing!! If you want good service and amazing people working on your mess then you should have stayed, but now your going to be walking around looking like a hot mess and wishing you had stayed!!! and PS I have tattoos and you didn't have a problem while I was there, at least you didn't post anything about it, and FYI I didn't "walk" out, I respected them and cared enough to give a LONG notice!! Next time you should go to TGF so you will have to go to Salon Avante to get it fixed!! Have a BLESSED day.
New Client

United States

#5 Aug 1, 2013
I am so glad I didn't read the above mentioned post prior to going to Salon Avante. From the moment I walked into the salon I was greeted warmly and the ladies, well lets just say attractive is an understatement. These ladies are attentive, they are kind and most of all very knowledgable. They will give you what you want, if like me, I tend to ask the professionals. If they can make me look good, then I'm sticking with'em. Unless you are the above mentioned person, nothing will help. My hat is off to Brenda, for running a top notch salon and Megan rocks.
Salon Avante Fan

Houston, TX

#6 Aug 1, 2013
I have gotten to know the owners of Salon Avante over the last few months. They are wonderful family people who work hard at what they do. I received excellent service when I was there and found the staff to be friendly and professional.

The original poster obviously has some axe to grind that has nothing to do with the service she received at the salon. Perhaps a former disgruntled employee or someone with other personal and anger issues.

Grow up.

“I call it like I see it...”

Since: Jan 09

...and I see it like it is!

#7 Aug 1, 2013
Salon Avante Fan wrote:
I have gotten to know the owners of Salon Avante over the last few months. They are wonderful family people who work hard at what they do. I received excellent service when I was there and found the staff to be friendly and professional.

The original poster obviously has some axe to grind that has nothing to do with the service she received at the salon. Perhaps a former disgruntled employee or someone with other personal and anger issues.

Grow up.
This sounds like an ad.

Maybe that is just the way she saw it... It's only an opinion.
Got my hair did

La Porte, TX

#8 Aug 2, 2013
I went there a couple of years ago. The staff was knowledgeable and professional. It was, however, extremely expensive. I paid almost $300 for what I now pay $110 for. My stylist used to work there, so I am getting the same service for less than half of what it cost there.
Customer

Houston, TX

#9 Aug 3, 2013
I loved the salon,,I didn't like getting my hair done because I always felt like they would color your hair and run to the front. Paige is my hair lady but if she wasn't available I would go and use chelsey..she is so sweet and has tattoos..so what...I will no longer be going to salon avante do to my regular girl leaving : (

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

#10 Aug 4, 2013
Why is it that every time someone posts a negative review they are instantly attacked and accused? Some people have a negative experience at a place where someone else did not. No, they don't have to go back, but if they want to tell someone all of a sudden they become public enemy number one, and the business is suddenly everyone's favorite place ever.
Scooby

Deer Park, TX

#11 Aug 4, 2013
I've never been to the place & I don't think I ever will...
I thought the original post was mean spirited. Its OK to give an opinion, "I personally don't like Firehouse Subs, but I respect others right to like them".
"GrossedOut" posting from Sand Francisco CA was a little too mean to be taken seriously.
Scooby Do!

#12 Aug 4, 2013
Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
Why is it that every time someone posts a negative review they are instantly attacked and accused? Some people have a negative experience at a place where someone else did not. No, they don't have to go back, but if they want to tell someone all of a sudden they become public enemy number one, and the business is suddenly everyone's favorite place ever.
When anyone posts a bad review... word gets out and owners and employes show up to counter.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#13 Aug 4, 2013
Got my hair did wrote:
I went there a couple of years ago. The staff was knowledgeable and professional. It was, however, extremely expensive. I paid almost $300 for what I now pay $110 for. My stylist used to work there, so I am getting the same service for less than half of what it cost there.
Holy crap!$300.00 to get your hair did?. I guess I'll quit complaining about Super Cuts raising their price one Dollar to $12.95.
yooflungpoo

Baytown, TX

#14 Aug 4, 2013
no....you won't....

“Trying to be civil with idiots”

Since: Oct 09

Sarajevo, Bosnia

#15 Aug 5, 2013
From her post she didnt get service. She walked out after seeing the "trashy girls". She didnt even give them a chance, then came here and blasted them for it.

I just wish i had hair! lol

#16 Aug 5, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>Holy crap!$300.00 to get your hair did?. I guess I'll quit complaining about Super Cuts raising their price one Dollar to $12.95.
Those La Porte women watch Real Housewives... they get their egos stroked by paying extravagant prices for goods and services.

It makes them FEEL Beverly Hills.

But I don't know that.

#17 Aug 5, 2013
Want my town back wrote:
<quoted text>
From her post she didnt get service. She walked out after seeing the "trashy girls". She didnt even give them a chance, then came here and blasted them for it.
I just wish i had hair! lol
she isn't obligated to give them a chance. People are not entitled to cut your hair. They had one chance to present themselves to the world. They have every right to do that, but other people are also entitled to look at the image they present and decide they don't want them to cut their hair. I am not against tattoos or anything of the sort. I have several, so that wouldn't be a factor for me. It is for some people, though, and they have the right to choose who they give their business to and who they trust with their hair.
Really

Houston, TX

#18 Aug 5, 2013
Negative review? Of What? It was a fashion review not a review of a business. Or did you not bother reading it?

But I don't know that.

#19 Sep 2, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text> Negative review? Of What? It was a fashion review not a review of a business. Or did you not bother reading it?
Are you always a &1< )< head or do you just play one on line? Business or fashion review doesn't matter. No one is entitled to receive her business, and she is entitled, as the customer, to base her decision on the color of the door, the number of crickets on the roof of the business next door, or the looks of the people working there, AND, lastly, without explanation or excuse for her choices. Anyone's opinion of how her choice is made is irrelevant. That is why it is called HER choice, her and choice being the two most important key words.
Got my hair did

La Porte, TX

#20 Sep 3, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy crap!$300.00 to get your hair did?. I guess I'll quit complaining about Super Cuts raising their price one Dollar to $12.95.
Yep. I truly had no idea anywhere in LP could charge that much and nearly passed out when I was told that, after the fact. I paid it and never went back. I pay one-third that amount now for the same, exact service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Porte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Afriend commited suicide this week... 15 hr SamDamnit 20
Utah Legalizes Firing Squads 19 hr Independent1 35
I dont think y'all understand... 20 hr East Texas 7
The real difference between liberals and conser... Thu Elaine 1
Y'all best start a garden! Thu Heavy Fed 1
Cruz Running for President of the U.S. Thu Texan 31
Laugh of the day! Thu Heavy Fed 3
La Porte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web