Antonio's in La Porte
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
THIaP

La Porte, TX

#1 May 28, 2014
I love this place but I'm concerned that the business is going down the drain...actually, from experience, it is.

At 730pm on a Wednesday evening, I called to place an order for my family. The guy on the other end of the line informs me that, "Due to the lack of business today, they're shutting their doors for the night." I was a little confused and shocked so I asked him if I had heard him correctly, and he responded with "Yea, the bossman told me shut the doors. We haven't had a customer in at least the past hour. " I understand that I'm just one (well 4 actually) customer, and that they won't reopen the kitchen for just us, and I don't expect them too. But I'm pretty sure everyone who lives in LP knows how crazy busy that place gets... either their business going down the crapper or their Manager just doesn't give a damn about it. Either way, I find it odd and Antonio's gets a STRIKE in my book. My husband even asked if it was a prank!? Disappointing.

Anyone else experience this weird behavior from them?

“Trying to bring some sanity ”

Since: Apr 14

La Porte

#2 May 28, 2014
Yeah that place is done. Time and time again they have ran out of food at the early evening hours. I assume poor management as the food quality has gone down hill tremendously. I don't see them staying open here in La Porte much longer.
Bad

Deer Park, TX

#3 May 28, 2014
Used to drive from DP to LP to eat there. Service was ridiculous last two times, ran out of food. walked out last time. Antonio's in DP is still good.
Yesterday

La Porte, TX

#4 May 29, 2014
Yesterday was a bad restaurant day for some reason. Mainly Drinks was almost empty. Is Wednesday a bad day for the restaurant business?
phuncoola

La Porte, TX

#5 May 29, 2014
They should start massage and a meal
truckers revenge

Houston, TX

#6 May 31, 2014
The owner of the Kroger Plaza and the L.P city council are to blame for the loss of business to Antonio's and there businesses in that plaza. The big signs that ban truckers is right in front of Antonio's. If they are partly responsible for that sing then they are getting what they deserve. The LP council would like to ban all trucks from Fairmont street.They have formed a committee to do just that.
justsayin

Houston, TX

#7 May 31, 2014
Hey! Subway and Burger King are doing great just across the street where trucks are welcome. GO figure.
LPNOW

La Porte, TX

#8 May 31, 2014
Yallarefunny wrote:
Yeah that place is done. Time and time again they have ran out of food at the early evening hours. I assume poor management as the food quality has gone down hill tremendously. I don't see them staying open here in La Porte much longer.
And you are still an idiot...lol
lapore2

Houston, TX

#9 May 31, 2014
Bad wrote:
Used to drive from DP to LP to eat there. Service was ridiculous last two times, ran out of food. walked out last time. Antonio's in DP is still good.
DP is not banning truckers. LP is.This is more democrat government interfering with private business.

La Porte

#10 Jun 3, 2014
LPNOW wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are still an idiot...lol
Do you ever have anything worthwhile to say? Please provide proof of my idiocy, Google search the word idiocy if you must my friend.
LPNOW

La Porte, TX

#11 Jun 3, 2014
Yallarefunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever have anything worthwhile to say? Please provide proof of my idiocy, Google search the word idiocy if you must my friend.
You prove it with every post...idiot

La Porte

#12 Jun 4, 2014
LPNOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You prove it with every post...idiot
Still no proof, only more idiotic statements. Please post proof of my idiocy, especially if you are going to continually call me an idiot while providing little to the discussions on here.
LPNOW

La Porte, TX

#13 Jun 5, 2014
Yallarefunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no proof, only more idiotic statements. Please post proof of my idiocy, especially if you are going to continually call me an idiot while providing little to the discussions on here.
I. D. I. O. T
u r clueless

Pasadena, TX

#14 Jun 9, 2014
truckers revenge wrote:
The owner of the Kroger Plaza and the L.P city council are to blame for the loss of business to Antonio's and there businesses in that plaza. The big signs that ban truckers is right in front of Antonio's. If they are partly responsible for that sing then they are getting what they deserve. The LP council would like to ban all trucks from Fairmont street.They have formed a committee to do just that.
rosa, rosa, rosa
truckertalk

La Porte, TX

#15 Jun 28, 2014
truckers revenge wrote:
Some Business owners in the Kroger Plaza will stop paying rent in July if the anti trucker signs are not removed. They want the dead end side street opened to parking like it used to be for years.I guess If the council passes more anti trucker laws the plaza will be left with only K rogers there.Council members who vote for more anti trucker laws will be banned from businesses in the plaza.
the mountain man

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Jun 28, 2014
mama mia
truckertalk

La Porte, TX

#17 Jun 29, 2014
the mountain man wrote:
mama mia
Shop mama mia they allow truckers also go across the street to Sub way cause Quiznos parking lot bans truckers
Go to the Chineses joint on Main street cause Asian Wak parking lot bans truckers.

Go to Wal Greens not the Health store in the Kroger Plaza they allow trucks.
The rental place is already gone cause the Kroger dude wouldn't let them park truck there to pick up stuff.

You notice the Kroger dude also allowed the pro bond signs to stay up while kicking out the no bond signs.

Shop HEB trucks are allowed there.
Truck Route

Lake Charles, LA

#18 Jun 29, 2014
Yo Rosa

Ever heard of a truck route and what that means????

If you don't like it here, move back to the bankrupt Detroit.
cityvstruckers

La Porte, TX

#19 Jun 29, 2014
At 6:01 p.m. Sunday 06-29-14 a city cop and his supervisor in separate cars were harassing a trucker parked in the Kroger parking lot. The driver had committed the terrible crime of having a 12 oz cup in his hand with a soft drink in it. He was pointing to the restaurant he just came from. He could not have committed a moving violation because he was not in side the truck. I see no regulation signs forbidding what he did. I don't think cops can ticket any one on private property just because the property owner is a jerk.
laporte2

La Porte, TX

#20 Jun 29, 2014
Truck Route wrote:
Yo Rosa
Ever heard of a truck route and what that means????
If you don't like it here, move back to the bankrupt Detroit.
yo city official;
A parking lot is not a truck route dummy P.S. Rosa is not from Detroit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Porte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Southern Komfort Kitchen Class Action? Mon Spatula farts 9
Job (Dec '16) Aug 13 More fart info 339
Hildebeast Going Down Aug 13 Posting more farts 6
Elaine still crushing on Fubar Aug 11 Fartbar luncheon 8
review: La Car Porte Aug 10 Fart smell 11
Snider transmission!!! Aug 10 Fart mission 4
anyone notice ?????? Aug 3 Squishy farting 12

La Porte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance