La Porte Cowboys
Irritated

Baytown, TX

#1 Apr 10, 2013
I am so irritated right now. I have been looking on the website to try to find out how much registration is going to be. I remember what it has been but I wanted to make sure and I have been saving up so my son can play what he loves. I finally get an answer from their president and if you were planning on signing up be prepared to be hit with a mandatory fund raiser! So we have been saving up for this thinking it's once price and now we have to come up with MORE! you either have to have antoher $60 for the buy out or $100 for candy. I can't believe they aren';t posting this and not telling anyone till they get there to register! I can tell you there are going to be some very un happy people. So what is this fund raiser for? Because I guarante that we will STILL be asked for more money through out the season. So frustrating. So just a fair warning to those of you going on Saturday to register. Don't go in surprised like I was going to be!
Former Parent

Houston, TX

#2 Apr 10, 2013
Irritated wrote:
I am so irritated right now. I have been looking on the website to try to find out how much registration is going to be. I remember what it has been but I wanted to make sure and I have been saving up so my son can play what he loves. I finally get an answer from their president and if you were planning on signing up be prepared to be hit with a mandatory fund raiser! So we have been saving up for this thinking it's once price and now we have to come up with MORE! you either have to have antoher $60 for the buy out or $100 for candy. I can't believe they aren';t posting this and not telling anyone till they get there to register! I can tell you there are going to be some very un happy people. So what is this fund raiser for? Because I guarante that we will STILL be asked for more money through out the season. So frustrating. So just a fair warning to those of you going on Saturday to register. Don't go in surprised like I was going to be!
I can understand the frustration of not knowing up front but this has been part of sign ups for years now. Pretty much any sport you are in you will have a fundraiser and honestly I prefer to have the option because unless you as the parent are going to take your child door to door or to each relative and friend you as the parent will be responsible to sell the items yourself anyway. Maybe when you go and sign up your child you can make the suggestion to add this information in the future. I'm sure they would welcome any and all helpful suggestions. Remember these are volunteer positions. So unless you are going to be an involved parent and volunteer yourself while your child is involved don't knock them for their efforts.
Irritated

Baytown, TX

#3 Apr 11, 2013
no i have had 2 children in for the last 2 years and this was not included in those registrations. This is completely new this year.
LP res

La Porte, TX

#4 Apr 11, 2013
I have older children, but we were involved in youth sports when they were younger. They played from age 4 until age 18, multiple sports and they played in high school also. All sports required either selling of fundraiser or buy out. High school had something that was required either some type of fundraising or parental participation. It's what you do for kids. I don't know how you got by with not doing fund raising for 2 years. Be happy you did, but get over it, it's not that hard to sell the candy or whatever. Take it to work or go with your kids door to door. I for one have a hard time saying no to cute kids.
LaPorte LAdy

La Porte, TX

#5 Apr 11, 2013
We have done texans for 4 years it has always been $200 for candy $100 for buy out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Porte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
War On Women 57 min Heavy Fed 2
Megyn Kelly Exposed Trump 1 hr Heavy Fed 13
Scott Walker 12 For 12 2 hr Texan 4
Republicans Trumping Voters 2 hr Texan 43
John Kasich 5 hr Texan 2
14 years after legalizing drugs... 6 hr fubar 5
Do you support open borders? 21 hr Heavy Fed 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

La Porte Mortgages